Are you Vulnerable in Relationships?

Ms Red

Sometimes I think that in 2007 we showcase our independence more than our vulnerability. Are you vulnerable with your significant other? If so, how? And do you feel that it has benefitted your relationship?

I don't mean submissive... I mean vulnerable, not being 'superwoman' 24/7. :)

Last edited:
I do. But it takes alot. For example this past friday I was having the WORST day. I was on my way to my second job, and was lost, and was surviving on only a few hours of sleep. I'm totally exhausted adn talking to the new guy I'm dating about what's going on, and he's like let me come get you and I'll take you where you need to go. I told him no initially, but then he kept insisting it was no big deal, so I agreed. Well of course as soon as I step foot back on the train my phone doesn't die, no it completely rejects my sim card and I can't make any phone calls or receive any phone calls, it's even lost the time. And it's pouring rain and cold. Long story longer I wait outside so the new guy can see me for about 40 minutes, and then I'm thinking he probably couldn't call me, waited for a quick second and then left(something my ex has def done:sad:) and I start to get misty eyed. I walk back inside and he comes up and is like I've been looking for you, I was worried, and I just burst into tears:cry2:. :ohwell: I was so relieved to see him, and so sorry that I had made him go all over the place and I couldn't contact him. I'm not a huge crier in front of other ppl, and while he seemed concerned; he wasn't upset or turned off tha tI was crying. He said it was kind of a relief b/c I always seemed to have everything together to see that I had my down times too. So I guess it may help, but we're not in a formal relationship, so I don't know if that counts.

Awwww that was really sweet! :yep:

I think some of us get so used to being neglected or taken for granted that when life presents us with the opportunity to let our GUARD down and be vulnerable, we shy away! :perplexed We think he's corny. Or we think he'll think WE'RE corny. :spinning:

And girl, you sound like you're in a relationship... but that's just me :)
I do. But it takes alot. For example this past friday I was having the WORST day. I was on my way to my second job, and was lost, and was surviving on only a few hours of sleep. I'm totally exhausted adn talking to the new guy I'm dating about what's going on, and he's like let me come get you and I'll take you where you need to go. I told him no initially, but then he kept insisting it was no big deal, so I agreed. Well of course as soon as I step foot back on the train my phone doesn't die, no it completely rejects my sim card and I can't make any phone calls or receive any phone calls, it's even lost the time. And it's pouring rain and cold. Long story longer I wait outside so the new guy can see me for about 40 minutes, and then I'm thinking he probably couldn't call me, waited for a quick second and then left(something my ex has def done:sad:) and I start to get misty eyed. I walk back inside and he comes up and is like I've been looking for you, I was worried, and I just burst into tears:cry2:. :ohwell: I was so relieved to see him, and so sorry that I had made him go all over the place and I couldn't contact him. I'm not a huge crier in front of other ppl, and while he seemed concerned; he wasn't upset or turned off tha tI was crying. He said it was kind of a relief b/c I always seemed to have everything together to see that I had my down times too. So I guess it may help, but we're not in a formal relationship, so I don't know if that counts.

Sounds like your guy is a keeper :yep:

Yes, I am vulnerable in relationships. One of the best things ever is being with someone that makes you feel safe enough to be completely vulnerable.

It's an awesome and beautiful thing.:yep:

Honestly...no, I'm not. I dont fully understand why. But I feel more safe and secure when I'm relying on me. I have to work on this though..Because I am not superwoman.

normally i'm not in the least. but this past weekend I was so sick. I was running a fever and hadn't kept food down in about 24 hours. he drove 2 hours through pouring rain to bring me ginger tea and to stay with me because he was worried about me. he bundled me up when i was cold and put the fan on me when i was hot all through the night. i slept from 8:30pm till the next morning. he woke me up to try and force me to drink water and fed me fruit. that was a big moment for me. i normally don't even let people see me like that. i just lock myself away and tough it out. he bulldozed his way in and i'm so grateful.

(but like Blackbutterfly, we're not in a formal relationship, just dating)

Back