Are you staring at my new growth?

Queenmickie

Always thinking about my next hairstyle.
Today at the office I had a meeting with the Plans and Analysis guy. He's a middle aged white guy that reminds me of an older JFK if he had lived. We had a long productive meeting.

Towards the end of the meeting "JFK" appeared to be staring directly at my new growth. I'm not self conscious about my new growth. I am excited about it, but still I felt like he was staring directly at it..for a long time.

I am currently 10.5 weeks post. I have about two inches of 4b, puffy new growth with highlights from my henna treatments. Trying to keep those pesky grays at bay.

Does anybody else feel like people stare at their new growth? I included a picture.

July_2012NG.jpg

Your new growth is pretty. I'm pretty sure people have been staring at my puffy roots and flat ironed length... shoot, it's hot out here! :lol:

LOL, I wonder what he was thinking.
When I was transitioning my friend didn't even acknowledge my new growth as hair.
We were holidaying in Greece and I did a braid in the morning so my whole hair was wavy. We went to a water park and got soaked so my ends were 3-4 inches of ends were straight and my new growth was kinked up, but there was still like 2-3 inches of visible kinked up hair. My friend was like oh your hair has gone straight now. I'm like no it's gone really kinky. I thought to my self is she trying to act like she can't see my roots or what. Nothing about my roots were straight. The relaxed parts weren't even that straight.

Hahaha, one time I was was 6 months post and some ppl thought I was natural. I got the stare and comments. It wasn't even a discrete one. He was working in a small WI restaurant, stared at me, walked into the back room, came back with a food tray, walked back and made the comment he liked my hair that way, not much girls have their hair that way.

I then realized he thought I was natural. hahaha. I only mumbled I was stretching, I bet he didn't know what I meant if he heard me.

The other lady there the owner maybe, stated rudely girl fix yourself up and get some perm like the young girls, and something about religion thinking I am a church girl or something. She was off the wall.

Nah man, ppl too much. Something like that you can't ignore. I was shocked and didn't have a come back for her. I should of said something rude, but that usually isn't my way. Boy if I was a natural, I'm sure I would be defensive even though not my style to shut someone down. She was damn lucky she got me when she made those comments.

I like my ng, but I note when taking pics, straight hair and the ng growth clashes quite noticeable, I don't lay down my edges.

I like my new growth too. I generally take care to not make it look as though it could be a conversation starter lol.

Back