Are you kidding me? (Long Natural rave)

Deniece

Natural Beauty
On Tuesday night I washed my hair w/ Elucence Moisture Benefits shampoo, deep conditioned w/ AO GPB w/ a lil Honeysuckle Rose mixed in, I left it in overnight although I think 2 hours w/ no heat is enough then rinsed in the morning and applied Elucence MB as a leave in...

Put my hair in a ponytail w/ a scarf and let it air dry as I went about my day,
last night I took my ponytail out, hair was mostly dry on top a lil damp in the back...I misted it w/ Asha's Green Tea put a lil Elucence in...then I was stuck

I didn't want my hair to feel stiff like it does when I use shea butter based moisturizer..so I pull out Qhemet's Hydrating Balm... this time I put it on my hair while it was damp and I just use my fingers to comb and smooth....my hair started feeling so good and acting in a way I wasn't used to...I was able to smooth all of my hair down into a ponytail w/ a part in the middle..w/ no brush or comb..I am 4b/a then I just put on a scarf to keep it layed down for today, and went to sleep

this am woke up to soft layed down hair this is touchably moisturized w/ no greasy feel.....WOW...

I had given up on that balm...the way you use something is very important..I also learned that I don't need a comb or brush for my hair..it acted way better w/ less manipulation, and less products

yesterday I had to make a spring purchase
Qhemet Sidr Tree balm
Qhemet Honeybush Gel
Elucence MB conditioner
Oyin greg juice
Jane Carter Nourish & shine

I am nearing the end of my PH days , and I am getting excited about that...finally got my staple poo/con/deep con.... just need to lock in on my styling products/moisturizers....I think I'm almost there

Sorry so long

I like Qhemet's hydrating balm. I read on nappturality that it's supposed to be like the natural version of Sta Sof Fro. I have the Sidr Tree Butter also but I haven't tried it. I'm loving the Amla and Olive heavy cream! Oh, and Elucence MB is tha bomb!

Yes Elucence MB is good, that is another one I had that I was asleep on...
I was using it as a rinse out con instead of as a leave in....,.and as a leave in I love it...more than Giovannie Direct cause it made my hair shrink too much.

Elucence shampoo is good too, I just had to learn how to be lighthanded cause its concentrated...now it's all good

what's the sidr tree texture like?

Pokahontas said:
I like Qhemet's hydrating balm. I read on nappturality that it's supposed to be like the natural version of Sta Sof Fro. I have the Sidr Tree Butter also but I haven't tried it. I'm loving the Amla and Olive heavy cream! Oh, and Elucence MB is tha bomb!

wow, I will have to try this now for sure. I am looking for a replacement for s-curl....hopefully this will be it.

Deniece said:
On Tuesday night I washed my hair w/ Elucence Moisture Benefits shampoo, deep conditioned w/ AO GPB w/ a lil Honeysuckle Rose mixed in, I left it in overnight although I think 2 hours w/ no heat is enough then rinsed in the morning and applied Elucence MB as a leave in...

Put my hair in a ponytail w/ a scarf and let it air dry as I went about my day,
last night I took my ponytail out, hair was mostly dry on top a lil damp in the back...I misted it w/ Asha's Green Tea put a lil Elucence in...then I was stuck

I didn't want my hair to feel stiff like it does when I use shea butter based moisturizer..so I pull out Qhemet's Hydrating Balm... this time I put it on my hair while it was damp and I just use my fingers to comb and smooth....my hair started feeling so good and acting in a way I wasn't used to...I was able to smooth all of my hair down into a ponytail w/ a part in the middle..w/ no brush or comb..I am 4b/a then I just put on a scarf to keep it layed down for today, and went to sleep

this am woke up to soft layed down hair this is touchably moisturized w/ no greasy feel.....WOW...

I had given up on that balm...the way you use something is very important..I also learned that I don't need a comb or brush for my hair..it acted way better w/ less manipulation, and less products

yesterday I had to make a spring purchase
Qhemet Sidr Tree balm
Qhemet Honeybush Gel
Elucence MB conditioner
Oyin greg juice
Jane Carter Nourish & shine

I am nearing the end of my PH days , and I am getting excited about that...finally got my staple poo/con/deep con.... just need to lock in on my styling products/moisturizers....I think I'm almost there

Sorry so long

Glad to hear everything worked out! BTW: Where did you order/get your Emlucence MB from? I ordered from Pleasant Image on April 8th, the order shipped on 4/9, and I STILL don't have a UPS tracking number! I've emailed them 3 times an d even left a phone message..all to no avail.

Deniece said:
Yes Elucence MB is good, that is another one I had that I was asleep on...
I was using it as a rinse out con instead of as a leave in....,.and as a leave in I love it...more than Giovannie Direct cause it made my hair shrink too much.

Elucence shampoo is good too, I just had to learn how to be lighthanded cause its concentrated...now it's all good

what's the sidr tree texture like?

It's creamy, a little lighter than the heavy cream....kinda like pudding texture.

I have found that applying the product to wet hair generally gives me better results too. I also just finger style--I didn't use combs during my transition, and I still don't use them now. My trusty D4 is still great for detangling though.

From Qhemet, I really like:
Sidr Tree Balm (applied to damp hair)
Olive and Honey Hydrating Balm (applied to damp hair)

From Oyin I really like:
Shine and Define (applied to soaking wet hair)
Honey Hemp Conditioner (I use this as a leave in on wet hair)
Like the smell of the Whipped Pudding too

i have the side tree butter balm and it makes my hair really soft! a little goes a long way! it can get greasy if you use too much. the side tree butter has more of a lighter texture than the amla heavy cream. i love all her products the twists done below was done with the amla heavy cream!

Back