ARE YOU HAIR OBSESSED

krissynick

I THINK I AM OBSESSED WITH MY HAIR.. I TALK ABOUT HAIR ALL THE TIME.. AT TIMES I GOTTA CATCH MYSELF CAUSE I DONT WANT PPL THINK THAT I AM CRAZY BUT ITS LIKE A HOBBY OF MINES. I HAVE LEARNED SO MUCH FROM IT THAT I WANT TO JUST EXPRESS MY IDEAS AND OPINIONS BUT I DONT WANT PPL TO GET ANNOYED OR THINK IM WEIRD.. SO ILL JUST POST MY THOUGHTS HERE I GUESS

me too!! my mom is always like "just stop it " cause I always talk about hair. but then shes like " look that website and see what it says about limp hair":grin:...go figure

my sister thinks i am but that is becuz she couldn't care less about hair. I think i'm just concerned with my hair care. I pay it enough attention to keep it healthy and growing. :yep: nothing more..nothing less.

Yes I am but no one really know b/c I really don't talk about it to anyone that much. :ohwell: I talk to my mom and sister about it when they ask questions but other than that I don't bring it up so no one really knows how obsessed I really am. :lachen:

MAN IM REALLY BAD THOUGH YALL I THINK ABOUT WHAT PRODUCTS IMMA USE THE NEXT TIME I WASH MY HAIR WHILE LAYING IN BED... ITS FUN FOR ME.... I DUNNO I WANT TO LEARN HOW TO TAKE GREAT CARE OF MY HAIR. FOR YEARS BLACK WOMEN RELY ON HAIR SALONS AND WERE AFRAID TO DO THEIR ON HAIR AND I WAS SICK OF DOING THAT... CAN YOU BLAME ME FOR THAT

I'm so obsessed. Since I've learned how to properly care for my hair, I can't help but talk about it and share my ideals, trials and triumphs. I feel so informed thanks to LHCF and I wanna share the wealth of info. My SO thinks its cute, but when he's in a bad mood... it annoys him. lol. But I don't care!

Yep, it's become my favorite hobby. I've had to stop myself from talking in too much detail about it to people (lest their eyes start to glaze over). :blush:

I THINK I AM OBSESSED WITH MY HAIR.. I TALK ABOUT HAIR ALL THE TIME.. AT TIMES I GOTTA CATCH MYSELF CAUSE I DONT WANT PPL THINK THAT I AM CRAZY BUT ITS LIKE A HOBBY OF MINES. I HAVE LEARNED SO MUCH FROM IT THAT I WANT TO JUST EXPRESS MY IDEAS AND OPINIONS BUT I DONT WANT PPL TO GET ANNOYED OR THINK IM WEIRD.. SO ILL JUST POST MY THOUGHTS HERE I GUESS

I never was until i joined this board!! :grin:

but when you're excited about learning about this stuff, trial and error, and paying more attention to the health of your strands, yeah it's easy to become obsessed.

i think balance is important; there's more to life than hair certainly!

I never was until i joined this board!! :grin:

but when you're excited about learning about this stuff, trial and error, and paying more attention to the health of your strands, yeah it's easy to become obsessed.

i think balance is important; there's more to life than hair certainly!

Ohhh I'll drink to that!!! You took the words right out of my mouth!! It's just all soo exciting, LHCF is just a wealth of wonderful and awesome information all over. I'm so loving it!

Ohhh I'll drink to that!!! You took the words right out of my mouth!! It's just all soo exciting, LHCF is just a wealth of wonderful and awesome information all over. I'm so loving it!

:yep:

Off topic...but i love your screen name... I love the soap "as the world turns." :drunk:

Yeah, I think I am starting to get more obsessed about my hair. I've never been though, just after I joined this site and learned all kinds of tips and everything...

oh yes im obsessed tho mine is internal i dont really talk about my hair..i talk TO my hair :blush: i kee thinking what shall i do for my hair today and so on :grin: funny thing is i didnt think i would be this taken by it lol

I'm obsessed too. My problem is that I am just a vain person. Not only is it about hair for me, but anything physical. Darn shame:perplexed

Kryissynick, I am so there with you...you are not alone. I too am excited to learn about hair and taking better care of my hair; and making it look better and better. I can't wait for the time when I no longer have to go the Dominicans (except for a touch-up - I only get 1-2 wash n set in between. The rest I do at home. I am aiming for the salon look at home). :blush:

It was so bad, that at first I was telling my husband. Could you imagine what he was thinking? I knew he didn't care...I just had to tell someone!!:grin: He used to ask me who I am chatting with on this website, cause I was on it so much. (I know he thought it must have been another man; to get me this excited (it's a different kind of excitement...lol):lachen:. If I come across something important I'll email it to my friends and let them see for themselves (like Sistaslick's Hair Breakage 101).

I am very addicted to hair cause I want for once and for all; want to be able to have my hair grow longer than SL. Everytime my hair even got that long, I would do something wrong to make it break off. My hair was so damaged in 2006 that I cut it all off (the remainder that was left; cause most of it broke off anyway - from self-relaxing and changing perms frequently) :wallbash:. I kept my hair braided for almost a year. In that time, I focused on learning everything I could. So that when I have this new start, I could start off right. And my hair grew like crazy. It went from being a tiny afro to my bang being by my nose. My hair is growing long and strong. Thanks to my hard work, and what I have learned from you guys. I wish I'da joined sooner. Knowledge is power...even when it comes to hair!:yep:

God bless

P.S. I try to limit my time on this site. My family call me a crackhead for hair. :drunk: Well, that's an addict to be proud of. This is a big deal for me. When I've known enough for long enough...it'll be easy like Sunday morning. And it won't be such a big deal.

yes I am ask cocoaluv :lol:

I've been hair obsessed wince I was little girl. Hence the screenname. I was always trying to do someone's hair. It's definitely a passion of mine. So when I found this site I was like :grin:.

It's so bad that one night I actually couldn't sleep because I was thinking about my hair. :look:

I can talk about hair all day. I think I'm more obsessed that all of you.

Kryissynick, I am so there with you...you are not alone. I too am excited to learn about hair and taking better care of my hair; and making it look better and better. I can't wait for the time when I no longer have to go the Dominicans (The rest I do at home. I am aiming for the salon look at home). :blush:

It was so bad, that at first I was telling my husband. Could you imagine what he was thinking? I knew he didn't care...I just had to tell someone!!:grin: He used to ask me who I am chatting with on this website, cause I was on it so much. (I know he thought it must have been another man; to get me this excited (it's a different kind of excitement...lol):lachen:. My hair is growing long and strong. Thanks to my hard work, and what I have learned from you guys. I wish I'da joined sooner. Knowledge is power...even when it comes to hair!:yep:

God bless

P.S. I try to limit my time on this site. My family call me a crackhead for hair. :drunk: Well, that's an addict to be proud of. This is a big deal for me. When I've known enough for long enough...it'll be easy like Sunday morning. And it won't be such a big deal.

Yep!!! This is me......:yep:..my hubby is convinced I'm having an affair.....:lachen:...I was talking about my hair again last week and I saw him roll his eyes....:blush:...I thank God for lhcf member ChiChiKinks......we get on the phone and can yap about hair..........(thanks girl:lachen:!!!!)...yep she understands........LOL!!!!!

a big YES!:grin:

I try to keep it as my "private" obession, but my family knows and anyone who visits my home and sees that 5-shelf unit of HAIR PRODUCTS may have a clue! :rolleyes:

I think I am. LHCF is very addictive. I just love learning about all things hair and seeing all hair types looking gorgeous and healthy.

Sometimes I am....but in the future, try not to use all caps. I really had to stain to read your post. Not trying to be mean :)

Last edited:
Yep! I dream about it, think about it when Im awake! This site is my crack!

ITA!! LOL I AM ON HERE NOW MORE THAN FACEBOOK!! AND EVERY TIME ONE OF MY FAMILY MEMBERS(BROTHERS, OR MOTHER) NOTICES THAT I AM ON HERE THEY GRUNT, COMMENT OR ROLL THEIR EYES!! I JUST KEEP IN MIND THAT MY HAIR IS GOING TO BE LONG AND FLOWING SO IT DOESN'T BOTHER ME!! LHCF ROCKS!! :thumbsup: :lachen:

Back