Are you blowdrying your hair after you cowash?

*ElleB

I'm thinking of dipping my feet into the "cowash" territory--esp for you ladies who cowash more than once a week--are you putting the heat on your hair after everytime?

Idk, I think blowdrying after co-washing would defeat the purpose of co-washing. I always thought that you co-wash to infuse your hair with more moisture, so blowdrying afterwards would be counterproductive.....i think lol, imo.

I always airdry after I co-wash and I think airdrying as often as I can has greatly improved the condition, texture, thickness and manageability of my hair.

I'm thinking of dipping my feet into the "cowash" territory--esp for you ladies who cowash more than once a week--are you putting the heat on your hair after everytime?

Nope. I airdry only unless I do a rollerset and that happens once a month if that. I don't even flat iron and I have a FHI Platform. :ohwell: Go figure.

MY HAIR SHOULD BE DOWN TO MY ANKLES !!!! :whyme:

I blow dry using the cool button on my blow dryer. This way it doesn't take as long to dry and I am not using heat.

blow dryers are the devil.... ever since I stopped using one my hair has really thrived and grown. Heat is evil..... no blow dryers or flat irons... just air dry.

only use heat to deep condition.... last time i used heat def regretted.

I always airdry when cowashing. I cowash 5 days a week this time a year. Well I airdry all the time. I only use heat or flat iron a few times a year.

I airdry after my cowashes... ponytail, twists/cornrows for twist/braidouts, rollerset or leave hair down with a headband.

Just realised i haven't blow dried in a LONG LONG LONG time, I am so used to airdrying now, wow.

I usually air dry in a bun. I agree that co-washing + no heat styling = higher moisture retention.

However, if I need to, I will blow dry on the lowest heat setting of my T3 w/ a leave in.

No complaints.

I air dry...I keep cowashing simple. I do it at night (so me and the NG don't fight in the morning). I make 4-6 buns (after detangling and the leave-in) and wrap it up. In the morning I detangle gently, make 4-6 plaits and throw my half wig on. So far so good.

I airdry 98% of the time. If I have somewhere to go, I will blowdry on cool.

I just put it in one braid and by the morning it dry.
Havent used direct heat in 9 months.

Back