Are you a Yes To Cucumbers lover? Let me know and help me out!

Aireen

Alright so I have this big 500ml bottle of Yes To Cucumbers Colour Care Conditioner and I HATE IT! :whip: It doesn't really knot my hair but it did NOTHING for it in terms of softening, detangling, or feeling conditioned. I'm a sucker for lovely scents and this smells amazing, it's so clean and fresh and I love that about this conditioner so I really want it to work. :look: I get not everything works for everyone but I assumed since so many naturals loved this product that I would too. (Don't ask why, I know I'm relaxed and don't have colour treated hair lol. :lol:) I'm using it now in pre-poos for my edges and nape but with all the fancy extracts and oils in this product it kind of feels like a waste.

So whether you're relaxed or natural, do you love this product and how do you use it? I'm thinking that maybe there's some special way to get this product to work for my hair before I give up. :look: :lol:

I use the YTCucs leave-in which I've read is the same ingredients as the conditioner, just in a different order. I'm relaxed and it works as a great NG detangler for me. During the warm months it was fine as far as softness but leaves my hair crunchy dry in cold temps. Maybe mixing in a splash of EVOO would help...?

Maybe you could mix it with some other things to make it a spritz so when you sprayed it would be like a hair perfume, but moisturizing...idk just a thought lol

I use the YTCucs leave-in which I've read is the same ingredients as the conditioner, just in a different order. I'm relaxed and it works as a great NG detangler for me. During the warm months it was fine as far as softness but leaves my hair crunchy dry in cold temps. Maybe mixing in a splash of EVOO would help...?

Yeah, I love EVOO so I'll try it. Really trying to use up conditioners.

I :love: :love2: :love3: :love4: Yes to Cucumbers for my cowashes. :yep: I've tried other band-wagony conditioners but none compares. :nono:

I was really hoping for this one, I was so excited to use it too! Now I'm scared to try Yes To Carrots, there will have to be a pretty good sale or promotion before I try it.

Maybe you could mix it with some other things to make it a spritz so when you sprayed it would be like a hair perfume, but moisturizing...idk just a thought lol

I don't use leave-ins but maybe I could use it after AO WC since it smells bad a cover-up. Since it doesn't have cones and the product is natural, I won't have to worry about build-up. Thanks for the suggestion. :yep:

Last edited:
My hair wasn't impressed with YTC. If the conditioner doesn't bend over backwards to detangle my hair, then I'm usually not too pleased. So, since I own this product, I've decided to use it as a rinse. Meaning, I condition/detangle with another and then rinse with YTC. This way, I'm not asking YTC to detangle my hair but I get the nice scent and the moisture that it provides. Sometimes, I use it as a leave-in.

i'm natural and i love YTC for cowashes and detangler. i would buy it more often, but i cowash daily, so spending $10 is not cost effective for me, so i only use it on wash day to detangle.

My hair wasn't impressed with YTC. If the conditioner doesn't bend over backwards to detangle my hair, then I'm usually not too pleased. So, since I own this product, I've decided to use it as a rinse. Meaning, I condition/detangle with another and then rinse with YTC. This way, I'm not asking YTC to detangle my hair but I get the nice scent and the moisture that it provides. Sometimes, I use it as a leave-in.

Ohhhh! That sounds good, definitely trying that! THANKS! :grin:

i'm natural and i love YTC for cowashes and detangler. i would buy it more often, but i cowash daily, so spending $10 is not cost effective for me, so i only use it on wash day to detangle.

Yeah it is kind of pricey so I regret not liking it.

I love Yes to Carrots....it detangles like a dream. I forget how I liked the cucumber one though, I know that I like carrots the best of all three. None of them smell good at all to me though.....weird since you say yours smells great, lol. Mine must've went bad or maybe they changed the scent, lol. I usually use another condish or good smelling leave-in to cover it up.

Maybe you could add some oil or honey to it to help with slip if that's what you're looking for.

I wonder how the YTC mask is? Oh and how does YTC smell?

I hated that mask:barf:!! It didn't give me that smooth feeling I like when I'm rinsing it out. It felt like I needed to DC again. I ended up mixing other stuff with it just to use it up.

I hated it so much I returned it back to Target! It felt like nothing was even in my hair...it felt like pure water. smh

I hated that mask:barf:!! It didn't give me that smooth feeling I like when I'm rinsing it out. It felt like I needed to DC again. I ended up mixing other stuff with it just to use it up.

ashleymichelle1 & naturalagain2 - THANK YOU! :lachen: That's how it felt, like I splashed thick, fresh smelling water on my head. :look: I didn't bother DCing again because I was already out of the shower and lazy. I'm trying to mix it with other things to use it up.

I never tried it. Just wanted to say thanks for curbing my PJism because this was on my list lol.

AlliCat - SAVE YOUR MONEY, GIRL! That's all I gotta say! :lachen: I'm almost half way through it, I would swap or give this to you if it had more product in it and knew the expiry date.

Last edited:
I love Yes to Carrots....it detangles like a dream. I forget how I liked the cucumber one though, I know that I like carrots the best of all three. None of them smell good at all to me though.....weird since you say yours smells great, lol. Mine must've went bad or maybe they changed the scent, lol. I usually use another condish or good smelling leave-in to cover it up.

Maybe you could add some oil or honey to it to help with slip if that's what you're looking for.

Pokahontas - Yeah, I'm going to but I'm just wondering how much oil or honey could really do. My hair felt horrible. :nono:

Last edited:
i like yes to carrots better but i use those types of conditioners for co-washing or detangling my hair before a wash. A DC, they are not.

i like yes to carrots better but i use those types of conditioners for co-washing or detangling my hair before a wash. A DC, they are not.

Kurlee - Well, I don't really use it for deep conditioning. More like quick conditioning after shampooing like Tresemme or Aussie Moist. Although, I always assume that natural products can be used for deep conditioning versus synthetic.

maybe you can swap it? i dont even bother forcing stuff to work anymore if it sucks and i cant return i give it away...

maybe you can swap it? i dont even bother forcing stuff to work anymore if it sucks and i cant return i give it away...

Napp - True but I've never been keen on mixing stuff to make them work. If something already works and I can enhance it then I don't really mind.

I wonder how the YTC mask is? Oh and how does YTC smell?

I haven't tried it. I don't know if its available in Canada. We have one store that carries Yes to Carrots and Cucumbers but not the full assortment.

Yes to Carrots .. to me it has an ethnic smell.. LOL that's the only way I can describe it.. its not sweet smelling.. or carrot smelling. I like the smell its comforting to me. hahaha
I know that wasn't helpful.:drunk:

The Yes to Cucumbers.. has a fresh vegetable-y kinda smell.. LOL

Awww, sorry it didn't "WOW" you. I love this product but definitely know how it feels to buy a "raved review" product and it not work for you...Oyins Honey Hemp Condish was like that for me...

I haven't tried it. I don't know if its available in Canada. We have one store that carries Yes to Carrots and Cucumbers but not the full assortment.

Yes to Carrots .. to me it has an ethnic smell.. LOL that's the only way I can describe it.. its not sweet smelling.. or carrot smelling. I like the smell its comforting to me. hahaha
I know that wasn't helpful.:drunk:

The Yes to Cucumbers.. has a fresh vegetable-y kinda smell.. LOL

keykee - I saw the mask at least twice in Canada then it disappeared. I tried every Shoppers Drug Mart, the big ones that have everything and the small ones that sometimes carry more interesting stuff — nothing. :(

Yeah I usually don't mind scents as long as they don't stink like AO WC. :look:

Awww, sorry it didn't "WOW" you. I love this product but definitely know how it feels to buy a "raved review" product and it not work for you...Oyins Honey Hemp Condish was like that for me...

ParagonTresses - I think this was my first rave product I didn't like, definitely disappointing. :nono: I guess not all natural products are going to be wonderful for my hair.

I used to love it...but they changed the formula not that long ago - the consistency is completely different. I don't like it anymore.

I used to love it...but they changed the formula not that long ago - the consistency is completely different. I don't like it anymore.

EllePixie - Yeah I remember noticing that but decided to try it anyway. The consistency is low in viscosity, which is okay but not ideal for me. :look:

used the yes to cucumbers again today and it sucks. Will use it for cowashes till it's finished and I will stick with carrots

Back