Are my expectations WAY off?

krikit96

Okay,

My issue is that while I haven't had a perm in 8 weeks, I am expecting some way to make my hair look less frizzy without a lot of heat (i.e. caruso rollers or bantu knots, etc...)

I have had a relaxed head since I was 9 years old, and really don't remember what my hair looks like natural... I'm hoping to start texlaxing, but I'm afraid I will be distraught with my results if they are not going to straight hair... or at least not BIG POOFY hair... I don't want that, it's to different from what I'm used to, but I DO want to explore that option of seeing what my hair is like, kinda...

But this morning, my mishap w/the caruso and the humidity mixing with it before I made it to work was too much for me and I was panicking BIG TIME! I ended up pulling my hair into a ponytail and letting the curly part hang out the back... I couldn't bare to look at myself. My question is,
1. If I start texlaxing, will my hair be able to lay down flat or will I have to constantly flat iron?
2. Will spiral rod sets look okay on my hair texlaxed, or will it too be a big poofy mess?
3. How do you deal w/humidity while texlaxed?
4. To magnetic rollers work on texlaxed hair?
5 Should I just stay relaxed?

:bump: :bump:

Share a bit more about your hair - what does it like/not like? Fine or coarse strands? Thick or thin density? What sort of products do you usually use? What anti-humectants are you using now?

I'm sure someone will be able to help you...

#5 You should stay relaxed. At least until you research sucessfull texlaxers and the method to their madness. Also have some patience with yourself, your journey has just begun.

^^^ I'm w/ her. Big poofy hair is kinda what you get when you textulax or go natural. This isn't so for everybody, but if your hair is reacting to humidity in ways you don't like just stretching, it'll only get bigger when you have an "underprocessed" relaxed look (ie texturized or texulaxed). There are some women on YouTube demonstrating bantu knots and showing how textulaxers make the hair look, check them out to get an idea of how big it might go.

JustKiya is right...for more specific help, we need more info, but based on what you said above...option 5.

Here's a few thread to look thru: http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=181081

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=271497

Last edited:
I don't know much about texlaxing so I can't help, but my vote is for you to just stay relaxed. it sounds from the trend of your questions that you enjoy the benefits of a relaxer (hair that is very easy to manage and easily made straight).

Yeah, I guess I have to stay w/a relaxer... JustKiya, I don't even USE anti-humectants! I never heard of them before, just since I started coming on here two weeks ago...:nono:

I REALLY wanted to give my hair a chance to grow and be thicker, I feel like the perms are thinning me out, but I don't like the natural look on my, my face just isn't built for that...

I thought that I would be able to do it, but I see that it wouldn't be such a great thing now...:sad:

Back