Are banana clips "in" again?

sareca said:
Oddly enough I never wore them when they were "in." :ohwell:
A few years ago I started wearing them sideways to make short ponytails look fuller and longer.

100_0289-vi.jpg

100_0290-vi.jpg

That is cute!

I actually bought some this weekend that were made to be worn like that, I also bought some medium length ones. The others were just too long for my head. Oh, yeah, I bought the brown one someone posted too :eek: :eek:

I've gone banana clip mad...:lachen: I will try to post some pics tonight!

Sideways is the only way that I wear them, too. Otherwise they feel uncomfy. Here is a pic of me wearing it last summer or so.

myponyoct72006-vi.jpg

Pixel Lady said:
Cuz I've seen some siggies and pix with them and they look cute! Can you still find them in stores or are have you had them for a long time and just whipped them out??

In or out...if I find one, I sure am gonna rock it :eek: :D :p

Thanks ladies!

Heck yeah girl, they are in!!! I rock them every time I wear my hair straight. I bought some back in March and when my hair wasn't working the way I wanted it too, I threw my hair in a ponytail with that and it's been true love ever since.:D

They are IN! I bought some the other day at my local BSS and I really like them especially when I pull my roller set curls into an updo. They're cheap and they look great.:D

MizzEsq said:
Sideways is the only way that I wear them, too. Otherwise they feel uncomfy. Here is a pic of me wearing it last summer or so.

myponyoct72006-vi.jpg

Is that you golden? I'd recognize them purdy locks and henna red anywhere.

so after reading this thread, I had to go out and buy some banana clips, and I had to wear it sideways! :D here is a pic, sorry it's kinda blurry but you get the idea.

july18-protective2.jpg

LynnieB said:
i wore them constantly in the 80's too but that was then.

i bought some a couple months ago (wallyworld, 3 in a pack) and tried one and there was no way i could get that thing around my hair.....so i did a cowash and tried again with dripping wet hair - got it around the hair but darned thing kept popping off when i tried to close it :perplexed

don't think i can wear these unless a) i flatiron or b) find some that come in extra sturdy plastic, larger in width and length and with teeth that are bigger, thicker and spaced further apart.:(

waaaaaah.
This is the same problem I've been having with these clips, using them on dry hair. I'm going to try them on wet hair, when it lies flatter to my head.

dillard said:
so after reading this thread, I had to go out and buy some banana clips, and I had to wear it sideways! :D here is a pic, sorry it's kinda blurry but you get the idea.

july18-protective2.jpg
dillard, that is really cute!

Dillard that is cute...looks like a curly bun :)

Here is a pic of mine sideways:
IMG_3811-1.jpg

Here is the whole thing...sorry my hair is so messy :perplexed but you get the gist of it! :p
IMG_3814.jpg

Last edited:
thanx balisi, ayoung.

I think this is my new protective style! Since my hair is short and the crown is actually the longest section, this gives the appearance of more length! and i like the fact that i don't have to pull the shorter pieces from my edges tight to get them in like i had to do with a ponytail. plus i just love messy, not trying too hard hair.

thanx nessa, good article!

Yup - Back in

BananaClip.jpg

I have the explanation of how I did this, in my fotki album.

Trust me if I can use it with all this super thick New Growth then just about anyone can. You have to grab your hair in two sections with your hands. You can't actually try to make the teeth of the banana clip do the work of pulling your hair into it. Kinda hard to explain. I'll take a few step by steps of how I get it to happen. The ones I have are 99 cent for a 3 pack but they are quite sturdy plastic.

dillard said:

july18-protective2.jpg

Cute! It looks so full.

Pixel Lady said:
Dillard that is cute...looks like a curly bun :)

Here is a pic of mine sideways:
IMG_3811-1.jpg

Here is the whole thing...sorry my hair is so messy :perplexed but you get the gist of it! :p
IMG_3814.jpg

This is beatiful I never tried wearing mine this way. I am air drying in a pony right now I will try this in the morning.

I'm buying a couple of those and trying that style sometime this week! I've always wanted to achieve a fuller ponytail. Thanks for the tip.

sareca said:
Oddly enough I never wore them when they were "in." :ohwell:
A few years ago I started wearing them sideways to make short ponytails look fuller and longer.

100_0289-vi.jpg

100_0290-vi.jpg

Mook's hair said:
Yup - Back in

BananaClip.jpg

I have the explanation of how I did this, in my fotki album.

Trust me if I can use it with all this super thick New Growth then just about anyone can. You have to grab your hair in two sections with your hands. You can't actually try to make the teeth of the banana clip do the work of pulling your hair into it. Kinda hard to explain. I'll take a few step by steps of how I get it to happen. The ones I have are 99 cent for a 3 pack but they are quite sturdy plastic.

AH HA..YOU! Their you are! :eek: :D :D Your the initial reason I tried these, I saw your siggy and I was like :eek: :eek: !! But then I couldn't remember who it was! Thank you!! :D Now if only I had curls like that :look: ?!

ETA: Now I see how you got those curls...twist out here I come (this weekend).

Thank you Chanel's Tresses!

Well, naturally after seeing the cute styles achieved with the banana clip, I had to go drag mine out. I'd bought it awhile back and couldn't get it into my hair, but after reading some tips given in this thread, I finally got it right.

I must say, I am very pleased with the results! This opens up a whole new assortment of styles I can wear. I'm so excited about the possibilities.

Here's a pic:

neenzmj said:
Well, naturally after seeing the cute styles achieved with the banana clip, I had to go drag mine out. I'd bought it awhile back and couldn't get it into my hair, but after reading some tips given in this thread, I finally got it right.

I must say, I am very pleased with the results! This opens up a whole new assortment of styles I can wear. I'm so excited about the possibilities.

Here's a pic:

cutecutecute! i love that you can't even see the clip :) it's buried under mass of curls.

Back