Are Any Naturals Still Wash and Go'ing Now That It's Getting Cooler?

Are You Wash and Go'ing in the Fall/Winter Months?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I mostly wear braids or rollersets in the winter. Sometimes I will wash and dry underneath a bonnet dryer. I can't walk around in the cold with damp hair

I go with normal WNGs until it gets really cold out.

Not only do you want to avoid getting sick, you also want to avoid your wet hair freezing in the cold air. As we all know water expands when Frozen, and if it expands while in your hair shaft... lets just say hello to your new split end friends.

Once it gets much colder out, I then diffuse my hair till its about 75-90% dry, depending on how much time I have.

Ponys and buns are also good, since they can go right under a hat. And recently i just learned how to do giant twists and quasi- french braids so I have a new style to throw into the mix, which ( in my opinion) looks feminine, put together, and professional if done right, and keeps your hair up in a protective style. It also lasts for more than a day if you wrap your hair at night ( another new habit of mine)

I haven't taken pictures yet but here are some similar styles.:

6a00e54f91645288340120a626e923970c-300wi

TheDoubleFrenchBraid.jpg

picture-135.png

Hope that helps!

I have to say though, its very tempting to go straight in the winter!

Last edited:
I only do wash n go's in the summer. I live in Wva.. waaaaay too cold to go out with wet hair! For the next several months its going to the Dominican place for rollersets and blowouts!

I live in Michigan so wash-n-go's are a no-no for me. :nono: My hair is normally twisted up, pin up . . . something up lol so the cold weather won't dry my hair.

I generally braid my hair in two french braids similar to the pictures above. I get lots of compliments from the white folks. (shrug) I generally wear a head band to dress it up.

The back is starting to give me problems, however. My hair used to be shorter, so I would just cross the ends of the brads and pin them along the inside of the french brads. Now, my hair is so long I'm pinning up around my ears. I need to figure out a way to do the back as cute as the pictures and still be protecting MY ENDS. Heh.

this is my 1st winter natural and im PS'ing with weaves mostly for this reason...the only style i know is the WnG ...and i dont want to go out with wet hair, or have to diffuse everyday...but if my hair was long enough to wear in a bun i would probably wash & go and put it in a wet bun sometimes

I'm starting to alternate wash and gos with stretched hair :rolleyes: I'm finding that I don't need to re -wet my entire head to achieve the same look. If I go in the shower and only co-wash the bottom half of my head it dries within an hour and I dont have wet roots...the roots are what takes the longest for my hair to dry.

I also plan to wear my wash and go's stretched, with banding. That way I can also reduce tangles. I think what I will do is do a DC and then after washing I band my hair so it can dry and then next morning lightly re wet my hair with my moisture spray and go :) Hopefully it will come out good !

I saw Strawberry Curls (I forget her name here... Lizza?) on Facebook and she'd straightened her hair. Now I want to straighten mine. I haven't worn it straight since the first week in September.

^^^Yes, MsLizziA just posted her straightened results...I know that many of us take this opportunity to straighten and wear our hair straight because there is less humidity, etc...It's tempting, lol...But I'm on a mission!

Back