April Lace Wigs

nychaelasymone

I have a few questions for the ladies who have purchased from this vendor.

Did you have a good experience with this company?

Did you like the wig you purchased?

What wig did you purchase?

I'm interested in the silk top, Italian yaki wig and if anyone has any reviews or comments on this wig, it would be appreciated.

How long have you had your wig?

Did you like the quality?

Does the hair flat iron well and hold curls?

Would you purchase from them again?

Did you find their wigs reasonably priced? I find them a bit cheaper than RPGShow, I'll admit I am one of the few who had a good experience w/ RPG Show however I don't ever plan to spend that much money for a unit again if I can help it.

Thank you for your help!

Last edited:
They are on my to buy list. Sorry I can't answer your questions :giggle:

No worries. I did a search and found that some ladies had purchased from them however there wasn't much in terms of details regarding their experience. I'm interested but I need to make sure I've done my due diligence before dropping $200+ on a wig

I was eyeballing that same wig, this guy on YouTube did a review on it and it looked stellar on him but I saw other questionable YouTube reviews that made me hesitate a bit.

No worries. I did a search and found that some ladies had purchased from them however there wasn't much in terms of details regarding their experience. I'm interested but I need to make sure I've done my due diligence before dropping $200+ on a wig

Which wig did you order from RPGShow? Ive been eyeing this one for atleast a year but I hear far too many horror stories.

http://youtu.be/VGsucDtab2w

Which wig did you order from RPGShow? Ive been eyeing this one for atleast a year but I hear far too many horror stories.

http://youtu.be/VGsucDtab2w

I purchased the Stock Full Lace Human hair Wig - Straight -els119-s in 1b 20 inches. I had no issues with this wig at all and had it for over a year. It's my 'special occasion' wig. So I don't wear it often but I've had no issues w/ construction, shedding, etc. People often think its my hair.

I can PM a link of me in the wig, you can judge for yourself.

Last edited:
My Experience:

I ordered a yaki 16 inch lace front from April Lace wigs. My experience was nothing to speak about. I just went on the site, purchased the wig and then it came in the mail. No delays, no correspondence with the vendor and I got exactly what I ordered.

Quality:

I like the unit however the hair is NOT virgin. The hair feels like some kind of fiber. Some may attribute it to the fact that the hair has been processed to yaki but I know better than that. It flows and lays like real hair though. It flat irons well however it does NOT hold a curl. If you want it to hold a curl, you have to set it. My mom just uses water and the orange perm rods to get nice body into the hair and the curls last all week until she washes the unit. I would say that despite the fact the hair is not virgin, the hair behaves very well. Also, shedding is not an issue. It's just not. *shrugs*

The wig also fits perfectly! No matter what you got going on your head, big head, small head, lots of hair, bald head, this wig will fit very snug. I feel like the lace stretches or something.

Longevity:

The wig will last you at least a year even with continuous wear. I purchased this unit in Sept '13 and its still in good shape. EXCEPT for the thinning crown. At the point the lace ends and the tracks begin, there is thinning so you can see the tracks. Prior to making my purchase I read other reviews that mentioned this same issue. This issue may only occur with lace front wigs versus full wigs but I wouldn't know.

The lace has remained in impeccable shape. As I mentioned earlier, I believe their lace stretches which minimizes the tears in the lace. The lace is soft and durable.

Overall:

Overall, I would purchase from them again. I find their prices to be reasonable and their wigs are worth the change I spent despite the few cons. I have also purchased from RPGShow and I would recommend spending your money with April because I personally don't think RPGShow is worth it. My mother LOVES this unit. She says its the best she's ever had and I agree. Sometimes all that "virgin" stuff aint where its at. And of course, PICSSS!!!

I just added some soft curls

Side View

A shot of the parting. (she was tired so I couldn't really fix it up nice)

The next day, the curls completely dropped

Thank you for your honesty!! That wig looks great!!!! I don't plan on wearing this wig daily so it may work out.

My Experience: I ordered a yaki 16 inch lace front from April Lace wigs. My experience was nothing to speak about. I just went on the site, purchased the wig and then it came in the mail. No delays, no correspondence with the vendor and I got exactly what I ordered. Quality: I like the unit however the hair is NOT virgin. The hair feels like some kind of fiber. Some may attribute it to the fact that the hair has been processed to yaki but I know better than that. It flows and lays like real hair though. It flat irons well however it does NOT hold a curl. If you want it to hold a curl, you have to set it. My mom just uses water and the orange perm rods to get nice body into the hair and the curls last all week until she washes the unit. I would say that despite the fact the hair is not virgin, the hair behaves very well. Also, shedding is not an issue. It's just not. *shrugs* The wig also fits perfectly! No matter what you got going on your head, big head, small head, lots of hair, bald head, this wig will fit very snug. I feel like the lace stretches or something. Longevity: The wig will last you at least a year even with continuous wear. I purchased this unit in Sept '13 and its still in good shape. EXCEPT for the thinning crown. At the point the lace ends and the tracks begin, there is thinning so you can see the tracks. Prior to making my purchase I read other reviews that mentioned this same issue. This issue may only occur with lace front wigs versus full wigs but I wouldn't know. The lace has remained in impeccable shape. As I mentioned earlier, I believe their lace stretches which minimizes the tears in the lace. The lace is soft and durable. Overall: Overall, I would purchase from them again. I find their prices to be reasonable and their wigs are worth the change I spent despite the few cons. I have also purchased from RPGShow and I would recommend spending your money with April because I personally don't think RPGShow is worth it. My mother LOVES this unit. She says its the best she's ever had and I agree. Sometimes all that "virgin" stuff aint where its at. And of course, PICSSS!!! I just added some soft curls Side View A shot of the parting. (she was tired so I couldn't really fix it up nice) The next day, the curls completely dropped

Last edited:
Definitely not human hair. Not worth it in my opinion. Wig posted above ^^^ looks a thousand times better than the one I got. I ordered the same texture. It matted up so badly. I tried to do a bleach bath on it..thats when I was certain it wasn't human....I ended up with a matted sticky ball of hair/fiber. Felt like it had melted or something.
Maybe the quality has gone up but that was last year and never again.

My Experience: I ordered a yaki 16 inch lace front from April Lace wigs. My experience was nothing to speak about. I just went on the site, purchased the wig and then it came in the mail. No delays, no correspondence with the vendor and I got exactly what I ordered. Quality: I like the unit however the hair is NOT virgin. The hair feels like some kind of fiber. Some may attribute it to the fact that the hair has been processed to yaki but I know better than that. It flows and lays like real hair though. It flat irons well however it does NOT hold a curl. If you want it to hold a curl, you have to set it. My mom just uses water and the orange perm rods to get nice body into the hair and the curls last all week until she washes the unit. I would say that despite the fact the hair is not virgin, the hair behaves very well. Also, shedding is not an issue. It's just not. *shrugs* The wig also fits perfectly! No matter what you got going on your head, big head, small head, lots of hair, bald head, this wig will fit very snug. I feel like the lace stretches or something. Longevity: The wig will last you at least a year even with continuous wear. I purchased this unit in Sept '13 and its still in good shape. EXCEPT for the thinning crown. At the point the lace ends and the tracks begin, there is thinning so you can see the tracks. Prior to making my purchase I read other reviews that mentioned this same issue. This issue may only occur with lace front wigs versus full wigs but I wouldn't know. The lace has remained in impeccable shape. As I mentioned earlier, I believe their lace stretches which minimizes the tears in the lace. The lace is soft and durable. Overall: Overall, I would purchase from them again. I find their prices to be reasonable and their wigs are worth the change I spent despite the few cons. I have also purchased from RPGShow and I would recommend spending your money with April because I personally don't think RPGShow is worth it. My mother LOVES this unit. She says its the best she's ever had and I agree. Sometimes all that "virgin" stuff aint where its at. And of course, PICSSS!!! I just added some soft curls http://s1279.photobucket.com/user/HaitianBeauty_/media/IMAG0323_zps57ea3808.jpg.html Side View http://s1279.photobucket.com/user/HaitianBeauty_/media/IMAG0326_zpsf7cf5be5.jpg.html A shot of the parting. (she was tired so I couldn't really fix it up nice) http://s1279.photobucket.com/user/HaitianBeauty_/media/IMAG0330_zps339bd26d.jpg.html The next day, the curls completely dropped http://s1279.photobucket.com/user/HaitianBeauty_/media/IMAG0347_zps95600d2d.jpg.html

I agree with all of this and though the upart sheds more than the full lace wig I definitely think for the price and how realistically the texture matches and the lace looks it's money very well spent. People stop me in the streets asking me my hair regime, putting their dirty hands up in my scalp.... I don't do too much to it so it looks very realistic in terms of texture.

I agree with all of this and though the upart sheds more than the full lace wig I definitely think for the price and how realistically the texture matches and the lace looks it's money very well spent. People stop me in the streets asking me my hair regime, putting their dirty hands up in my scalp.... I don't do too much to it so it looks very realistic in terms of texture.

Naveah2050, do you have the silk top full lace version in Italian Yaki? How long have you had it for? How about tangling?

How do you wash and dry it?

Naveah2050, do you have the silk top full lace version in Italian Yaki? How long have you had it for? How about tangling? How do you wash and dry it?

I have the glueless silk top full lace wig in Italian yaki - I don't wear it all the time and have had it only for a couple of months but I wash and condition it as I do my own hair and never had problems though I will say I personally find it hard to straighten and it just never seems to really hold a curl, the upside though is it's very full and never sheds and really does match my hair texture and skin tone very very well.

I wear the upart more and it straightens really well and can hold a curl much better - I use the foam rollers and I am good to go. The only issue though is the hair sheds more and it's not as full as the full lace -but I don't mind that.

I ordered the 14" jerry curl wig three years ago and it was beautiful. It lasted only one month before the curl pattern started to come out of the wig. So it was partially curly then partial straight, so I had to throw it out.

Last month, I ordered the same jerry curl wig, but in 12". It looked horrid right out of the box (a very silky texture rather than the type 4 texture that the last wig had), so immediately I emailed the company for a refund and was pleased that the process was easy. They didn't refuse my refund or try to throw another wig on me. I sent it back, which was expensive. It took 10 days for them to receive it, but they immediately refunded my money, so I'm pleased with the refund policy.

I had a good experience
I didn't love it. However i believe that is because am not a wig person. The wig itself was high quality.
I purchased the Brazilian virgin natural color silk straight full lace wig-bw0069 - Silk top : Yes(4x4 inches), Lace Color : Medium brown, Hair length : 20inches, Hair Color : Natural color, Cap size : Medium, Cap Construction : Cap 2(Glueless full lace wig)
The silk top part does look natural granted you have a little leave out and cut off the baby hair.
I kept my wig for 4 months then sold it on ebay for just about the price I bought it for.
My wig held curls and flat ironed fine.
If I wanted to buy another wig I would buy from them again. However $400 was lot of money for an item that I wasn't crazy about and got rid of the next season.
Reasonably priced? By comparison maybe but it felt high when I ran my debit card. It also felt high when someone bought it back.
I have a few questions for the ladies who have purchased from this vendor.

Did you have a good experience with this company?

Did you like the wig you purchased?

What wig did you purchase?

I'm interested in the silk top, Italian yaki wig and if anyone has any reviews or comments on this wig, it would be appreciated.

How long have you had your wig?

Did you like the quality?

Does the hair flat iron well and hold curls?

Would you purchase from them again?

Did you find their wigs reasonably priced? I find them a bit cheaper than RPGShow, I'll admit I am one of the few who had a good experience w/ RPG Show however I don't ever plan to spend that much money for a unit again if I can help it.

Thank you for your help!

Back