RPG Show Wigs?

I've had my RPG wig for 2 years pbly going on 3 years now I think. I wear it almost everyday. People actually think its a sew-in. LOL Best investment to date.

pre_medicalrulz

Which the type was it? Did it hurt your edges? In addition, how do you know what cap sizes to get for these wigs?

Its the one w/ the bangs. The wig doesn't hurt my edges, its the freaking caps I use underneath & how I plait the front of my hair, Lol. It hurts to tie it down. I got a large size because I knew eventually my hair would need extra room as it got longer & I was right. I don't recommend large sizes though.

I purchased a unit from them, but I'm sending it back... It spent $350 and it is by far the most hideous wig; I've ever seen/purchased.

I purchased a unit from them, but I'm sending it back... It spent $350 and it is by far the most hideous wig; I've ever seen/purchased.

I was looking at youtube yesterday and a few of the wigs were really high. I don't know how to describe it, but the hair was up from the scalp. One girl had the banged wig and she was like you have to blowdry it and wet it and put a scarf on it to lay it down. Even if I get a sale wig for $300, I feel like I shouldn't have to do all that. :nono:

I was looking at youtube yesterday and a few of the wigs were really high. I don't know how to describe it, but the hair was up from the scalp. One girl had the banged wig and she was like you have to blowdry it and wet it and put a scarf on it to lay it down. Even if I get a sale wig for $300, I feel like I shouldn't have to do all that. :nono:

Most people do not wear wigs out of the box. To get them to look how they want you must wash and then at the very least style it. The pros know how to razor slice layers and bangs to "spiff" them up. The price is worth it because unlike cheaper wigs if you take care of it those wigs can last for years.

I've been looking for awhile too at this site, everything time I go browsing the price of these units makes me sick. Also most videos I see on YouTube the girls were given wigs for review. I can't tust that I will be given the same quality. Subscribing.

BayAreaDream, have you checked out their sales site? You can get the wigs for about $300 but I've only seen the 14 and 16". When I go on the reg site the wig ends up being about $400. I just refuse to do that.

Most people do not wear wigs out of the box. To get them to look how they want you must wash and then at the very least style it. The pros know how to razor slice layers and bangs to "spiff" them up. The price is worth it because unlike cheaper wigs if you take care of it those wigs can last for years.

I do that to my wigs anyway. She wasn't styling it, she was getting it to lay flat. There's a big difference.

My RPG show wigs are good.

I still think that they are O V E R priced.

But oh well.

Thanks for starting this thread OP! I have been contemplating buying a RPG wig for a couple weeks now. This will really help make my decision.

LOL I still haven't taken the plunge. I want that banged one hella bad. I think I might go on and get it. I have to work my way up to paying all that money though.

I will never in this lifetime spend $385-over $400 on a wig. I get mine from April Lace wigs. Awesome quality and much, much cheaper.

I recently purchased a wig from RPG.. I must admit when I first received it I wasn't that excited. I had to play around with it for a few days to make it my own. I did dye my wig which helped tremendously! I find it to be a great investment because of the quality of hair and you can do whatever you want to it. It gives me easy access to my real hair ,unlike a sewin. Which has allowed me to retain much more of my hair because it's hidden. People on many occasions have thought the wig was my own hair. I plan to purchase another unit for the summer. (The Beyonce bob style wig). IMO people want the wig to custom fit their heads off bat but you have to play around a bit to get it right for you. In addition I know ppl who have spent 500.00+ on just bundles of hair and that doesn't include the price to install it. So if you do the math, in the end it really isn't THAT expensive. (Depending on your budget and comfort with buying weave)

image-350215606.jpg image-2534118696.jpg These are pictures of me with my unit on!

Attachments

• image-969223185.jpg
    image-969223185.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:
Oh. My. Gosh. You are beautiful. Which unit is this? Do you have some hair out?

Thanks! I have no hair out, I just slicked my edges down. This is the Kenya Moore (I wished the would remain it lmao) unit, but I dyed it because the color made me look washed out.. Lol

MGA2013 - the wig looks great on you and thanks for the comments. I also think the quality and longevity of the unit is worth considering which helps ease the pain of the initial outlay

Just co-signing. I have a RGPShow wig and I really love it. Much cheaper for me than a sewin or regular braids.

Back