April 22nd,23rd & 24th-What Are Your Hair Plans???

NikkiQ

Hey ladies!!! :wave:

Easter weekend so I KNOW there are some big plans floating around here. I'm going to attempt to flat iron my hair this weekend for my first length check since my BC. Last time I flat ironed was Christmas Eve so I'm nervous as all get out. I think I'm going to clarify, oil rinse, DC with AOGPB, apply leave in and let my hair air dry in 4 twists for a while, blow dry on low heat to straighten the sections a bit more and then hit it with the Chi. if it works out, it'll be a miracle!

Enough rambling from me. What about everyone else?

Clarify with V05
Deep condition with phytokarite
braid it up to dry
trim/dust my ends
thinking about taking a break from roller setting and trying to flatiron...

I don't even know. :look: I wanna DC and get my kinks back. But I'm kind of enjoying the straightness (as long as it's put up so I can't see my ends.)

Bantu knot out tonight for tomorrow? Possibly wash/co wash my hair sat night with hair one Jojoba and I guess bantu knot out after air drying for a bit because I won't have my styling tools.

Looking forward to hearing/seeing your straightened results @NikkiQ :yep:

My hair is in 4 braids and if all goes well (no scalp itchiness) I will not take them down until Monday. Just moisturize and seal as needed. Boring :yawn:

Looking forward to hearing/seeing your straightened results @NikkiQ :yep:

My hair is in 4 braids and if all goes well (no scalp itchiness) I will not take them down until Monday. Just moisturize and seal as needed. Boring :yawn:

AlliCat if they come out okay, I'll post the results but I have a feeling it won't stay straight for long lmao

I'm going to try this Joico Moisture Recovery Balm tonight :lick:. I've heard so many great things about it that I can't wait to see how it works. So tonight's just going to be the standard wash, DC and braid.

Tomorrow I'm going to try Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie to do some twists. I'll probably pin it up with one of my new flexi-8's for Easter.

Using something new all weekend! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

i'll be doing my normal pre-poo, wash, condish in plaits then detangle and do my twistout style....i'm super nervous because i get my hair dusted/ flat ironed next friday by my stylist and its been 6 months....i hope a retained a lot of length and my ends look decent (crosses fingers and toes)

Today:

Clarified and Chelated with Joico Chelating 'Poo
Cowashed afterwards with Jasmine Brown Sugar Shea Butter Cream Rinse
Used Hydratherma Naturals Amino Protein DC'er under dryer about 20 minutes
Steaming for about 45 minutes with Jasmine Avacado & Silk DC'er in Hello Sugar
Roux Porosity Control (Final Rinse)
Will Detangle with Afroveda Moringa & Ginseng Detangling Spray
Apply Leave-In w/Pure Argan Oil and dry under dryer

Either today or tomorrow:

Pre-wash with my ACV rinse with lavender, peppermint and rosemary oil
Clarify & Balance with VO5
Moisturize with Pantene Relaxed & Natural
DC for at least 1 hour with Pantene Beautiful Lengths Breakage Defense
detangle, blow dry and flat iron
Apply Castor Oil

Last edited:
Bantu knot out tonight for tomorrow? Possibly wash/co wash my hair sat night with hair one Jojoba and I guess bantu knot out after air drying for a bit because I won't have my styling tools.

Oooo, I might try a Bantu Knot out this weekend. Trying to get some different styles in before I go on my 6 month protective styling challenge in May. Do you have any tips? I have never done this before...

If I don't do the bantu knot out, my hair will be in a bun all weekend. Nothing special...

Tonight: Braid up hair using CD's Healthy Hair Butter for a braidout look tomorrow. I tried this for the first time last weekend and my hair was well defined and felt REALLY soft all day long. I LOVED the results (and I typically a flat twistout kinda gal).

Tomorrow: Prepoo with OO, Shampoo, DC (with a new product I'm trying out: Curl Junkie Daily Hair Conditioner) and put hair in flat twists for a twist out later that evening. I will probably use my MJ's Curly Meringue.

Today, April 22nd
Clarify with sulfate shampoo
Deep condition with Mizani Kerafuse and Hydrafuse mix
Moisturize, seal, braid and air dry

Tomorrow, April 23
Cornrow so I can wear my wig for the week

I washed my hair this week with Wen SAM, Gave myself a DRC treatment, DC under the steamer with SE for 1 hour.

I blow dried it and put it in a bun.

Up coming plans

Henna, and Attempt Attempt (key word Attempt) to Rollerset my own hair. :look:

I will wash, condish, airy 50% then do my twist out. Just trying to K.I.S.S.

I love doing twistouts. The braid outs don't come out right on my transitioning hair cause it get tangled. Maybe when I become natural, I will try again.

Sent from my PG06100 using PG06100

When I can finally stop staring at this freshly relaxed almost BSL hair, I'm gonna DC with AO GPB cond under a plastic bag at room temp for about an hour or so, shampoo with Dove Nutritive Therapy Nourishing Oil Care, condition briefly with Dove Nutritive Therapy Nourishing Oil Care Conditioner, apply a leave in (Dove Nutritive Therapy Nourishing Oil Care) seal with Frizz Ease, clip it up and enjoy the wafting fragrances while airdrying.

btw, My clients have turned me on to trying Dove, there's been some seriously fragrant and soft hair showing up in my chair lately and they all say they use the Dove line.

I washed my hair this week with Wen SAM, Gave myself a DRC treatment, DC under the steamer with SE for 1 hour.

I blow dried it and put it in a bun.

Up coming plans

Henna, and Attempt Attempt (key word Attempt) to Rollerset my own hair. :look:

Giiiiirrrl you're gonna rollerset all that hair yourself?! my arms hurt just thinking about it!

- Wash with my LUSH cosmetics shampoo bar. (2nd time using it. So far I'm loving it!)
- DC w/ Aubrey Organics White Camelia Conditioner. (1st time trying it, SO excited!)
- Put in some medium sized twists. I've gotta get back into my PSing. :yep:

Saturday:
1) Chelate and Clarify (much needed)
2) Protein treatment w/ Aphogee 2 min
3) Moisturize and air dry with scarf method

Last edited:
Conditioned washed/deep conditioned with Aussie moist 3min deep conditioner & Banana Brulee.

I plan to rollerset my hair on medium rollers and wear it in a spiral set with twists in the front.

My hair was relaxed last week so this morning (Saturday) I washed with old school Creme' of Nature Shampoo that I found at a beauty supply store by my job. They were a lil' dusty but I didn't even care, I ran to the register with those two big bottles and went skipping out of the store! I let my freshly washed hair air dry as my hair absorbs the conditioner better on dry hair. Applied a protein tx using Design Essentials 6n1, rinsed and air dried and that will be it for Saturday. Sunday afternoon, I'll apply a moisturizing conditioner (Elasta QP DPR 11 - Soy) I LOVE this stuff, it makes my hair so soft mixed with Silicon Mix, this is an awesome combination for me. Rinse in cool water, roller set using a light leave in conditioner and serum; Air dry and finger comb for the rest of the week.

Back