April 2024 Hits Misses Or On The Fence?

(Potential) HIT
OGX Extra Strength Damage Remedy Coconut Miracle Oil

This is first impressions. Used it to oil my ends and unravel braids for a braidout. Hair looks shiny and supple. Also had minimal frizz during the day. Will need to try it out longer to see how it works over time, but so far, I really like it. Interested in trying the other oils they have in this brand.

HIT
Aussie Mega Flexible Hold Hairspray

Does what it's supposed to do. It has been helping to keep my flat ironed curls and braidouts less frizzy after styling. No crunch. I have been able to restyle my hair easily so it's working pretty well for flat ironed hair.

Last edited:
HIT: My body chemistry is changing - I now love mango and I'm no longer allergic/intolerant of castor oil so I've fallen in love with Sunny Isle Knot Free Forever leave-in and their Root Growth butter!! I haven't relaxed in 4 months and these products have helped with my NG so much.

MISS: I'm turning 45 in 8 days (Lord Willing) and I feel like all of my body's check engine lights are coming on.

HIT: My body chemistry is changing - I now love mango and I'm no longer allergic/intolerant of castor oil so I've fallen in love with Sunny Isle Knot Free Forever leave-in and their Root Growth butter!! I haven't relaxed in 4 months and these products have helped with my NG so much.

MISS: I'm turning 45 in 8 days (Lord Willing) and I feel like all of my body's check engine lights are coming on.
I’m sorry the way I screamed at your body check engine lights. I am a hair younger and know peri has mine needing a complete new transmission and engine.

Major hit. The OurX line. Thanks @january noir for putting me on. A line meant for textured hair. NOT Inclusive. My hair is in such good shape, I don’t want to use my other stuff. I had an online consult with one of their stylists to decide what to order. Very pleased.
I use the Detox shampoo, the hydrating poo then the deep conditioner. I also have the scalp detox to apply as needed during the week because I work out and my scalp sweats.

Miss
OurX line. I'm allergic to all of their products. Must be the fragrance. The shampoo is lovely. The deep conditioner and leave in make my hair feel like sandpaper. Fortunately they gave me a full refund

Qhemetbiologics
MSM balm. Allergic to the coconut oil which is the 2nd ingredient

Hit
Afroveda
Shampoo. Sea Kelp spray. Amla & Shea hair cream and Tea an Rice hair cream. My hair loves , loves these products. I have been using them all winter. . I just reupped my stash and added the banana styling gel and the Aloe gel.Kudos to Mala

Miss
OurX line. I'm allergic to all of their products. Must be the fragrance. The shampoo is lovely. The deep conditioner and leave in make my hair feel like sandpaper. Fortunately they gave me a full refund

Qhemetbiologics
MSM balm. Allergic to the coconut oil which is the 2nd ingredient

Hit
Afroveda
Shampoo. Sea Kelp spray. Amla & Shea hair cream and Tea an Rice hair cream. My hair loves , loves these products. I have been using them all winter. . I just reupped my stash and added the banana styling gel and the Aloe gel.Kudos to Mala
I'm shocked! Oh well, everything is not for everybody. It is so perfect for me.

Hit
Chy Hair Grow Butta Curling Cream <----Revisited this product last week because it will be expiring in June. I have only used it a a cream moisturizer and not a curl cream with gel or mousse for a wash n go. The texture is different from other creams I have used and I think that is due to the flaxseed extract/gel that it contains. Anyway, before it was just okay even a bit meh when used on it own. However, layering it on top of a liquid spray moisturizer was a game changer. I am using it is kind of like the LCO method but with a little hair butter on the ends. My hair was moisturized and soft for days. I know the difference is this product because prior to this, I was using Annabelle's Perfect Blends Ayurvedic Creme as the "C" on top of my liquid spray moisturizer. I like the ayurvedic creme from Annabelle's Perfect Blends a lot but the Butta Curling Cream used in this way blows that out of the water.

Last edited:
HITS:
All things Clay (for Cleansing in no particular order) Sarenzo, HennaSooq, SheScentIt, NurCreations, Koils By Nature, Innersense, Product Junkie Naturals! Anything Clay - I am here for it! :up: ....:egypt:

Back