April 2017: Hits & Missess

Hit But Not a Repurchase:

-Bobeam Butter Cream Conditioner - this made my hair very soft and easy to detangle but not a repurchase - scaling back on vendors.

-Redken All Soft Heavy Cream - nice but I don't think I will repurchase it. Tube too small. They don't carry it any larger than 8.5 oz.

@Aggie
I hate they you decided to let BoBeam go.

That's always my go-to when I need a quick purchase to settle my nerves.:giggle:

Her prices are great/affordable. Her Shipping is fast. And her product is Goodt.

Oh Well, I guess that means more for me.:fallenangel:
@IDareT'sHair

I'm so sorry hon but I will be getting most of what I need on the ground but there are a few online vendors I'm keeping. I don't think I can let them all go though, Like APB, J. Monique's Naturals, SSI, QB, Curlmart, Sleekhair, HOB, and Hattache are the ones I'm sure I'll keep.

NEW HIT:

Inahsi Naturals Aloe Hibiscus Leave-in Conditioner - this was way better than NG Hibiscus and Honey Leave-in on my hair. This will definitely be a replacement of it for sure.

It left my hair so soft and it detangled with ease plus it was shiny hours later. I went ahead and bought more before I run out of it. This will probably be one of my one-off purchases.

Mix up my precious silicones with the natural lines? :eek: Are ye mad, woman????

Actually, I've been using some as pre-poos, bases for henna glosses, on my son's head...and if they suck, shaving cream. lol

Or I alternate between the two (rarely though since I'm :2inlove: with my silicones).

I said that because I mix cones with natural products.

Hit: Acure Ultra-Hydrating Conditioner. For a silicone-free conditioner this is good at detangling.

Miss: Acure Straightening Conditioner. Not good for detangling.

The straightening conditioner is for damage from heat or color, but I don't use heat or color so I can't comment on how it works for that. I bought it because it smells so good. Without synthetic "fragrance/parfum".

@Alma Petra, rinse out conditioners don't leave my hair as soft. Maybe because I don't leave it in as long as a DC. I love the Mielle Organics babbasu mint conditioner. I find it works best with heat for at least 30 minutes.

Thank you @Daina. I will make sure that I try it with heat next time...

@Alma Petra
The Molecules in general make up of DC'ers is that they are smaller and have the ability to penetrate into the hair shaft.

If used with Heat, heat opens up the cuticle and allows your hair to receive/accept Moisture or Protein.

The function of the DC'er is it's abilities to penetrate.

Thank you @IDareT'sHair ! I was always wondering what sets the DCs apart from the rest. I will probably have to use heat to experience the penetrating effects. I'm thinking of investing in a hand held steamer as well.

@Alma Petra, that is the story of my life, LOL.

I have tried so many DCs (10? 15?) that appeared to have done NOTHING for my hair after rinse-out. It's like I never even used a DC: My hair feels dry, etc. after use.

Only one time have I rinsed a DC and my hair was left feeling and looking moisturized: the time I used Camille Rose Naturals Coconut water hair penetrating treatment. That day, I had used ALL new products (LOL!!!), so I have no idea if it was just the CRN treatment or some combo/pairing of products that made it work. I just recently got it and will try it again to see!

Here is a short article explaining the difference between LI conditioners, regular RO conditioners, and deep conditioners. It echoes what folks have above posted. :smile:

https://keevaorganics.com/blogs/the-keeva-buzz/deep-leave-in-normal-conditioner

Thank you dear @YvetteWithJoy
I can see from another thread that you have used this DC for the second time now. Do you think that it had the exact same effect again? And that you can safely attribute this effect to it?

Thank you @Daina. I will make sure that I try it with heat next time...

Thank you @IDareT'sHair ! I was always wondering what sets the DCs apart from the rest. I will probably have to use heat to experience the penetrating effects. I'm thinking of investing in a hand held steamer as well.

Thank you dear @YvetteWithJoy
I can see from another thread that you have used this DC for the second time now. Do you think that it had the exact same effect again? And that you can safely attribute this effect to it?

Hi, @Alma Petra (and @trueheartofgold, too, because I remember you had asked about this DC :wave: ),

The Camille Rose Naturals Coconut Water penetrating hair treatment is still the moist moisturizing DC I've ever used, but this second time I did not (Sheaterra) mud-poo my hair before using it, and my hair was a little less moisturized. I kind of figured that would be the effect, though, because that first time that mud-poo left my hair with a nice bit of oil in it that had it feeling lovely. DC-ing after built upon that foundation.

But like I was saying . . . this time without the mudpooing, with this DC my hair is still the moist moisturized it has ever been (via DCing). I'm going to try it one more time before making a judgment: I'll clarify my hair with ORS Aloe Creamy poo (leaves my hair very dry) and then use nothing but the DC and see what happens.

Revisited HIT:

ORS Hair Mayo....I haven't used this in years. I believe my hair likes this more than Aphogee 2 Min. I like that they come in packet sizes at Wal-Mart so I can buy it when I need it and save on space.

Continued HIT
Aphogee Curlific Texture Treatment
This is awesome as a prepoo treatment.

On the Fence:
Oil rinsing....i tried it for the first time. I was trying to achieve shinier hair but I didn't notice much of a difference. I plan to continue doing it and see how it goes.

Hi, @Alma Petra (and @trueheartofgold, too, because I remember you had asked about this DC :wave: ),

The Camille Rose Naturals Coconut Water penetrating hair treatment is still the moist moisturizing DC I've ever used, but this second time I did not (Sheaterra) mud-poo my hair before using it, and my hair was a little less moisturized. I kind of figured that would be the effect, though, because that first time that mud-poo left my hair with a nice bit of oil in it that had it feeling lovely. DC-ing after built upon that foundation.

But like I was saying . . . this time without the mudpooing, with this DC my hair is still the moist moisturized it has ever been (via DCing). I'm going to try it one more time before making a judgment: I'll clarify my hair with ORS Aloe Creamy poo (leaves my hair very dry) and then use nothing but the DC and see what happens.

I'm excited to read the results of your upcoming adventure. I can see that this has a lot of potential. Please keep me posted..

Hit:

Mane choice Tropical Moringa Spray and Sealing Cream

Miss:

Not having anymore Oyin Hair Dew.

tumblr_nqs0d7zTgm1r7v8dyo1_500.gif

Hit: Lily of the Desert Aloe Vera Gel, Inner Fillet

Ingredients: Carrageenan [irish moss] (thickening agent), citric acid (pH stabilizer), potassium sorbate (mold inhibitor)

I have tried AVJ, did nothing for my hair. I have used AVG in the past, but obviously I failed at using it correctly (leaving it on long enough). This stuff actually exfoliated my scalp and laid down my cuticle layer - smooth strands, not just soft hair. Maybe that touch of irish moss and citric acid helped. I need to get some fresh aloe to compare.

Hit: Pumpkin seed oil

Have you ever rubbed straight silicone oil between your fingers? You can feel the ridges of your fingertips bumping against each other. That is what pumpkin seed oil feels like to me. EVOO is too oily for me, but it is supposed to help with reducing DHT, which can cause shedding. Pumpkin seed oil is a great, non-greasy substitute for it and plays well with castor and hempseed oils (my HGs).

Big hit: Some random serum I found perusing Amazon, I saw the ingredients and ordered immediately. It reminds me of the old Chi silk infusion formula. My hair is so shiny and swinging.

Biomax keratin frizz therapy oil

Ingredients: cyclomethicone, dimethicone, panthenol, ethyl ester of hydrolyzed silk, octyl methoxycinnamate, c12-15 alkyl benzoate, hydrolyzed keratin, soluble collagen, hydrolyzed elastin, sorbitan stearate, polyglyceryl oleate, lauryl pyrrolidone, dimethyl isosorbide, fragrance, methylparaben, propylparaben

*edit* it works better with direct heat, I guess it's because of all those proteins. My Fantasia IC will still be my choice for rollersetting

Last edited:
Back