APL and beyond ladies

pcRN

Do you feel like it is just as important to continue to wear protective styles to reach your next goal? I am almost bra-strap and want to start enjoying wearing my hair out without feeling like I will not reach my goal as fast.

I always believe you should enjoy your hair.:yep: If you want to wear it out, do so. I'm lazy and prefer my hair in a bun or updo. I find that when my hair is down, like today it gets in the way.

I always believe you should enjoy your hair.:yep: If you want to wear it out, do so. I'm lazy and prefer my hair in a bun or updo. I find that when my hair is down, like today it gets in the way.

I agree Totally!!

I'm APL now. I believe I still do need to protective style (with fake hair for length). APL is only about 10" on me and although my hair is dense, I have a ton of fine strands. So I can't do the daily manipulation thing yet I don't care for low-manipulation styles on me right now.

I do take breaks from protective styling in order to play with with my hair though. However, I find I don't quite enjoy it much at this in-between length after about 4 weeks. I will stop using fake hair at around full BSL (so within the next 6 months). I'm looking forward to protective styling on my own hair because I don't have an issue with PS styles, it is the fake hair that I am tired of.

I only wear my hair down when I go out. If I'm in the house, my hair is swooped up in a clip.
Sometimes if I don't want to attract too much attention I will wear it pinned up when I'm out. :look:

Back