Aphogee sound off

Fldiva

Ok, I've been inspired by you ladies to take better care of my hair. I went out this weekend and got my MSM (makes my juice taste funny). I got my multi vitamin, vitamin E and E oil for my scalp and I put my flat iron (that I love) up on the top shelf of my closet.

I thought I would try this aphogee that someone on another board recommended and I washed my hair tonight, and opened the little bottle and without hesitation poured it all over my hair. :ohwell: This is the most horrid smelling sh-t I have ever come across! I think my stomach turned a couple times. I know there has got to be something out there that doesn't smell like this. Help me somebody! Oh and did I mention I am still sitting here with it on my head? Man I must want me some long hair bad:perplexed Gotta air out the bathroom!

I am really open to any suggestions.

Hi fldiva, there are other reconstructors out there you can use that doesn't smell anything like Aphogee. There is KeraCare reconstructor, Affirm 5-in-1 reconstructor, mizani Kerafuse and there is one by Nexxus, but I've never used this product and forgot the name. There are other ones out there, I'm sure the other ladies can help you with that. You can also do a search for "protein treatments" or "reconstructors".
HTH :)

Thanks ladies for the responses, I just rinsed and used the moisturizing conditioner and either the smell is still n my hair or just in my mind. I will definitely have to switch to something else.

Hi, I use Aphogee and my mom uses Aphogee and it worked great for both of us. I like it, and even though it does not smell good, when you wash it out it does not leave that smell on your hair, and I know that for a fact cuz I did it last night and my boyfriend told me that my hair smells good today when I seen him. Maybe you did not wash it out correctly or maybe you got a bit on your skin or clothing or its still sticking to your hands. Yeah you can try other things, but I think Aphogee is great for breakage and I recommend it always.

Attachments

• IrulanWilson.jpg
    IrulanWilson.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 14
overnightcelebrity said:
dudley's also has a reconstructor that is pretty good. something like dpr 28 I dunno
I think it's DRC 28. :) Fldiva, I hope the Aphogee works well for you. Make sure you moisturize the heck out of your hair after the treatment.

I used the Aphogee Treatment with no problems. The smell leaves my hair once it is rinsed. I also like the 2 minute reconstructor, which is not as stong as the treatment. It can be used weekly, if needed.

My hair absolutely hates Aphogee. I bought some twice last year and it made my hair hard :mad: . I use plenty of moisturizing conditoners. My hair is in a class by itself. My hair also does not like Aubrey GPB but after I bought 2 bottles I was determined to use it all. My hair does great with Affirm 5n1 and I want to try Nexxus Emegencee next.

I had no results with Aphogee. I believe that at the time my hair was in a state of disrepair. Now I am re-growing it with braids.

Thanks for all the responses. It must have been on my clothes that I still smelled it cause I'm fine now, but my hair does feels kinda hard. I did use the after treatment moisturizing contioner and it was still hard so I used some Paul Mitchell leave in conditioner after that. Fortunately I only bought a small bottle so I don't have to endure it a long time I have enough left for one more treatment. I know I won't notice a big difference in one treatment but I just can't stomach the smell. Oh well, It was worth a try.

Thanks again for the products you listed I making a list of stuff I want to try.

Fldiva said:

:ohwell: This is the most horrid smelling sh-t I have ever come across! I think my stomach turned a couple times. I know there has got to be something out there that doesn't smell like this. Help me somebody! Oh and did I mention I am still sitting here with it on my head? Man I must want me some long hair bad:perplexed Gotta air out the bathroom!

Fldiva, Get out of my head !!!:lol: I Aphogeed for the first time this weekend and was thinking the EXACT same thing !!!!....Roses aren't the only thing that smell like boo-boo:lachen:...

DeltaQT said:
Fldiva, Get out of my head !!!:lol: I Aphogeed for the first time this weekend and was thinking the EXACT same thing !!!!....Roses aren't the only thing that smell like boo-boo:lachen:...

I'm telling u! I know the lady said it smelled bad, but most of the time when people say that it smells mediciney or somthing. BUT MAN! :nono: this is more like something rotten/dead almost!

I'm starting to think I must be off...or when you've smelled worse on the subways of New York...the Aphoghee does not phase me. It works for me, although I plan on trying Nexxus Emergencee (as per Caramel Honee...lol) next.:look:

Back