Aphogee protein treatment and brown hair?

Cameos

Has anyone experienced a change in hair color after using Aphogee protein treatment? I started using aphogee to stop breakage a few months ago. I use it every six weeks, the week before my relaxer. My breakage has stopped but now my hair is turning brown. It is a pretty golden brown on the ends but I am concerned that maybe I am doing something wrong.

Anyone had this happen to them?
look.gif

Are you using a no lye relaxer? they tend to lighten your hair, I know just about every female in my family has that same golden brown color on the ends and its all from relaxin

Hi ladies,

My hair is naturally dark brown but it now has a lighter shade of brown, particularly on the ends. My stylist uses motions lye relaxer. I did not notice the color until recently. I have had a few people comment on it because it is a recent change. They say my hair looks healthy but they also note the brown color (they like the golden brown on my ends).

I would say it is the relaxer but I didn't notice the change until I started using the protein treatment. Maybe I will stop using it and see what happens or I may color it.

Thanks for the input
smile.gif

Back