Aphogee 2-Step or Nexxus Emergencee

From my own personal experience...

Aphogee last longer but was drying. Even if I did a moisturizing deep condition, my hair took 2-3 shampoo/condition sessions to get back to normal. But, the effects of the Aphogee are noticeable for a longer period of time for me. Note: I have not used the new formula, only the old.

The Emergencee, when used just like the Aphogee (applied and hardened under the dryer) was not as drying, but I noticed I have to do it more often. It last for about 1/3 - 1/2 of the time the Aphogee lasts, in my opinion.

I prefer to just use protein as needed and more often, instead of one hardcore time that dries out my hair.

My vote goes to Nexxus Emergencee!!!

I have used both, and I find Aphogee to be to harsh for my fine strands. This is a very strong dose of protein and it can take a while to get your protein/moisture balance back.

On the other hand Emergencee is strong enough to combat breakage yet gentle enough to accept a deep moisturizing treatment to balance things out.

I use Emergencee weekly followed by jessicurl weekly moisturizing treatment and my hair could not be happier. I’ve been doing this now for about 4-6 weeks with great results. My cuticle is smooth, I have less sheeding and breakage and there is a noticeable difference in the overall health/appearance of my hair.

Using nexxus emergencee every week also followed by a moisture treatment... My shedding is slowing down...

I use Apohgee Treatment!

I just used it last night. I like it b/c it rebulids my hair structure. It is very hard though so must use that treatment with caution. My next treatment will be 11-24-2008.

I just used the Aphogee following it with Nexxus Humectress as a deep conditioning. This is my first time doing a protein treatment, but I don't have any complaints so far. I was just wondering if I would get better results with Emergencee since I used the Nexxus products for my wash and condition. I also noticed that Emergencee is the treatment that is used where I get my blow-outs. I'll probably try it when I run out of the Aphogee.

Even with this, my hair is just not the same for 2 weeks or so. I think the super hardcore protein just isn't good for everyone.
ITA:yep: It took me a while to finda deep con that will get my hair back to normal. I use neutrogena triple moisture after I use the aphogee. It really worked for me. What do you use? HTH

Well, I am glad this has been brought up because I need a serious protein treatment. Can I use Nexxus Emergencia without heat? I don't own any heat appliances and don't see myself buying one anytime soon just for a treatment. Also, can you buy Nexxus Emergencia in stores and not online?

Well, I am glad this has been brought up because I need a serious protein treatment. Can I use Nexxus Emergencia without heat? I don't own any heat appliances and don't see myself buying one anytime soon just for a treatment. Also, can you buy Nexxus Emergencia in stores and not online?
Yea you can you it without heat, it will just take longer to harden:nono::ohwell:. you can buy it at cvs, rite aid etc. and you can buy it online from folica.com amazon.com etc HTH

Hands down Emergencee. I only have to use it maybe 2x a year. I try to keep a natural protein/moisture balance.

I HAVE SOME APHOGEE TREATMENT FOR DAMAGED HAIR SITTING WITH THE REST OF MY PRODUCTS. IT HAS TO BE AT LEAST 4 YEARS OLD. I THINK IM GONNA USE IT THIS WEEK. I USED IT ONCE CAUSE WHEN I WAS IN THE BSS LOOKING AT HAIR DYE A LADY OVER HEARD ME SAYING " I WISH I COULD PERM AND DYE MY HAIR THE SAME DAY" AND SHE SHOWED ME THIS TREATMENT AND SAID IT WAS POSSIBLE[I WAS SO YOUNG AND STUPID] OF COURSE MY HAIR FELL OUT.
HOWEVER, WHEN YOU USE THIS TREATMEANT WHAT CONDITIONER DO YOU USE AFTERWARDS. I WAS JUST THINKING OF PURCHASING THE APHOGEE BALANCER BUT I HAVE ENOUGH PRODUCTS AS IT IS!

I haven't used Nexxus so I'mma say Aphogee. For those that say Aphogee is too strong and dried your hair out, Have ya'll tried the new version? I don't believe it's as strong as the original one(discontinued).

I used the aphogee 3 wks ago b/c I was experiencing some serious shedding and I had heard so many raves about it on this board. Not only did I use the balancing moisturizer, I DC'd twice for a total of 1hr and my hair still felt a little too hard. I'm gonna give it another try in 8 wks, b/c I bought two of the sample packs from Sally's just to give it a fair trial. But I used Emergencee about a year ago at a salon treatment and I don't remember it being so hard, I think it may work better for me.

ITA:yep: It took me a while to finda deep con that will get my hair back to normal. I use neutrogena triple moisture after I use the aphogee. It really worked for me. What do you use? HTH

It has been quite a while since I used it so I cannot remember what conditioners I used exactly. They were always ones that normally give me nice moisture, but Aphogee takes a few conditions to get my hair feeling right. I try to think - if I needed the protein I would not expect my hair to feel the same after using it. I think it is just that it made my hair feel different than I am used to so I gave up on it. I even had the same experience when they did it in the salon.

But the stuff is good. After I got my moisture balance back, my hair was noticable stronger.

It has been quite a while since I used it so I cannot remember what conditioners I used exactly. They were always ones that normally give me nice moisture, but Aphogee takes a few conditions to get my hair feeling right. I try to think - if I needed the protein I would not expect my hair to feel the same after using it. I think it is just that it made my hair feel different than I am used to so I gave up on it. I even had the same experience when they did it in the salon.

But the stuff is good. After I got my moisture balance back, my hair was noticable stronger.
Maybe you so try using an egg. I heard for people doing that for protein treatments:yep:

My daughter has experienced major shedding since having her baby 5 months ago. I bought a bottle of Nexxus for $13 and nothing. Same old shedding. I bought the new Aphogee and her hair stopped shedding immediately! That stuff is amazing. I was bummed out when I heard Aphogee changed the formula, but its just as good and without the funky smell. I'll never buy Emergencee again. Plus Nexxus changed their formula, but not for the better.

My daughter has experienced major shedding since having her baby 5 months ago. I bought a bottle of Nexxus for $13 and nothing. Same old shedding. I bought the new Aphogee and her hair stopped shedding immediately! That stuff is amazing. I was bummed out when I heard Aphogee changed the formula, but its just as good and without the funky smell. I'll never buy Emergencee again. Plus Nexxus changed their formula, but not for the better.
Im glad you found a solution! But it still stinks doesnt it because mine dose:perplexed

Whaa the smell has been fiddled with??? Oh thank u thank u thank u Aphogee. . . .

I love the results but my SO had so many jokes in addition to the funk that it leaves behind in the bathroom was so serious. . . LOL.

I had switched to Nexxus for that reason alone! The results for my hair weren't as amazing and long lasting. . . At first it seemed that way but it wore off quick. And I have natural hair which doesn't need as much protein . . .

I use both the Aphogee and Nexxus Emergencee (not at the same time:nono: though). Sometimes, Nexxus does the trick and other times I need the stronger Aphogee.

You just have to be very carefully when using the Aphogee because it dries harder and crispier than Nexxus- so don't manipulate you hair (don't manipulate it wtih Nexxus either!).

I have to rinse the Aphogee for a much longer time than the Nexxus and I think you need a stronger moisturizing DC after the Aphogee. I use the Pantene Breakage Defense Mask with good success after the Aphogee. Aphogee's Balancing Conditioner (or whatever its called) is not sufficient to me as a DC.

HTH

Does Aphogee really smell that bad? I have roommates and I don't want to get clowned....but I do want to try it.

Back