Aphogee 2-min Steps (I know there's several threads but I'm still confused)

Hairsnob

Deep Thinker
I'm on my way to the BSS today to add some Aphogee products to my regimen. I've searched threads here all day and I'm even more confused about the steps to follow the Aphogee 2 minute Keratin reconstructor. I planned to use it maybe every 2 weeks.:look:

Here's my dilemma.....I was all excited about trying it until a co-worker just told me she tried that and it made her hair hard.:nono: We confirmed that it WASN'T the hard core treatment she used. She said she used the Aphogee moisturizing shampoo first and then used the 2 minute reconstructor and then added her Aphogee green tea leave-in. I told her she was supposed to "follow-up" with some kind of moisturizing conditioner also and still DC???? Is that correct?

I plan on doing this on the weekend:

1) Shampoo with Aphogee shampoo for damaged hair
2) Apply 2 minute reconstructor for 2-5 minutes without heat
3) DC with ??? conditioner (I have ORS packs, Silk Elements Cholesterol or Tresemme moisture condish so I'm not sure which one to use).
4) Apply Aphogee green tea keratin restructurizer leave-in
5) I plan to flat-iron so I was gonna use some CHI Silk Infusion (maybe) and IC heat protectant.

Does this sound right? Now I'm second-guessing myself after she said she followed the bottle's directions to style as usual after adding the 2-min reconstructor. But I'm sure I've read where ladies DC'd after???

TIA!!! :grin:

Her hair may have come out hard because the combination of the 2min and the leave-in could have been too much protein for her.

Everyone's hair is different so you may need to DC or do a quick conditioner afterward, just to keep yourself balanced. I say err on the side of caution and use a moisturizing conditioner afterward (not a protein one).

I have only used the two min twice, but both times I have been absolutely pleased with the results. I follow up with a DC and I do not use the shampoo.

Yes, you dc afterwards :yep:

Your plan sounds good, just make sure you pay attention to your hair because it may not tolerate that much protein very well

Thanks Ladies! This helps a lot and I feel more confident now. I'll let her know about the possibility of too much protein from the leave-in.

But one thing though, so I should most likely use a more moisturizing conditioner for the DC, right? I really love the ORS packs but not sure if they're moisturizing??? :look: I haven't used the Tresemme yet but I just might use it this time.

TIA!!

Thanks Ladies! This helps a lot and I feel more confident now. I'll let her know about the possibility of too much protein from the leave-in.

But one thing though, so I should most likely use a more moisturizing conditioner for the DC, right? I really love the ORS packs but not sure if they're moisturizing??? :look: I haven't used the Tresemme yet but I just might use it this time.

TIA!!

I'm not positive about this one...I think some people consider it as a mild protein conditioner..others as a moisturizing conditioner. Maybe someone can clarify this?
But yea, you should following with a moisturizing DC.

for me aphogee shampoo for damaged hair,leaves my hair with a very dry and a horrible texture, it may be ok for you everybody is different.what i do.on my protein week i wash my hair with creme of nature shampoo then follow with aphogee 2 minute with plastic cap
then aphogee leave in followed by green tea reconsturizer,i think thats enough for my hair then roller set.and its a brilliant finish.

Everybody is different. Check out the status of your hair BEFORE you add the leave in. I love Aphogee and my hair closet has plenty of Aph products in it. However, I pick and choose the products according to my hair's condition. You might not need every product, every time. The 2 minute has been my staple for months, but lately I have been on a daily shake that includes a raw egg, plus Ayurveda. I have not needed the 2 min in a while.

But a DC after ANY protein treatment is a definite yes IMHO. The stronger the protein, the more con after. I hope it goes well for you.

Your hair is gorgeous by the way . . . so you must be doing something right.:yep:

I'm not positive about this one...I think some people consider it as a mild protein conditioner..others as a moisturizing conditioner. Maybe someone can clarify this?
But yea, you should following with a moisturizing DC.

Yeah, that's another one I was confused about so I may be safe and use the Tresemme or mix it up a little.

Thanks bunches!!

for me aphogee shampoo for damaged hair,leaves my hair with a very dry and a horrible texture, it may be ok for you everybody is different.what i do.on my protein week i wash my hair with creme of nature shampoo then follow with aphogee 2 minute with plastic cap
then aphogee leave in followed by green tea reconsturizer,i think thats enough for my hair then roller set.and its a brilliant finish.

Hmmmm, good point, never thought about the shampoo being drying.

Thanks!!!

Everybody is different. Check out the status of your hair BEFORE you add the leave in. I love Aphogee and my hair closet has plenty of Aph products in it. However, I pick and choose the products according to my hair's condition. You might not need every product, every time. The 2 minute has been my staple for months, but lately I have been on a daily shake that includes a raw egg, plus Ayurveda. I have not needed the 2 min in a while.

But a DC after ANY protein treatment is a definite yes IMHO. The stronger the protein, the more con after. I hope it goes well for you.

Your hair is gorgeous by the way . . . so you must be doing something right.:yep:

Thank you sooooo much for the compliment!! :drunk:

I'll keep that in mind about conditioning afterwards because I'm so used to doing it every wash that I wouldn't even feel right if I didn't.

Thanks!!!

I dont see anything wrong with your plan. aphogee 2 min leaves my hair strong but yet soft...and i also use the same shampoo no problems so far.

Well, I did the 2-minute Aphogee conditioning this weekend and DC'd with some new CON extreme moisture conditioner I saw in Sally's. All I can say is..... BLAAH!! :ohwell: .... Nothing great to report and nothing horrible (thank God). I was a little afraid because as I was detangling with my fingers there seemed to be more hair that came out than normal. But I flat-ironed as normal and didn't see much more breakage after that so that was good. I just figured maybe that's hair that was scheduled to break soon anyway but the Aphogee just made it part ways early. My hair didn't get hard as some said but it didn't seem any softer either. I was hoping for some extra swang hair but I never got it :nono:.

So hopefully that's it for shedding/breakage. It's back in my bun and I'll continue to use the coconut oil and other leave-ins for moisturizing and protein. I'm not sure if I'll try it again, at least not the next wash. I do think I'll be using the Aphogee Pro-Vitamin leave-in from now on though since it did seem to make it a little softer.

Hi all...
Just wanted to ask this question about the Aphogee 2-min steps.. Can it be used when your hair is in braids?

I find it unnecessary to DC after an Aphogee 2 minute reconstructor treatment. It is after all a reconstructor which implies keratin or other good protein. I moisturize after any DC or reconstructor and move on to Aphogee Green Tea, then Chi SI if you want. It is a good regimen.

I've tried Aphogee 2 minute with nothing after and my hair was so soft. It is a very good product...I've found no need for a lot of fuss after it.

Try clarifying your hair, then using the Aphogee 2 minute reconstructor and nothing else. My hair is so soft after that.

Back