Aphogee 2 min. Rec. CHANGED!!

LovelyLionessa

Today I was in Sally Beauty Supply when I spied new bottles of Aphogee 2 min reconstructor with different packaging, with purple writing on it. I looked at the ingriedients and they have been CHANGED!!! :eek: Glycerin was like the 2nd ingriedient and there was mineral oil in it too, then some of the more familiar ingriedients. I thought to myself, hmmm... I don't remember glycerin or mineral oil being in there. I checked my bottle at home and there is no glycerin or mineral oil in it. This is one of my MAJOR pj pet peeves, when companies change formulas. Just wanted to give LHCF ladies a heads up. :mad:

I saw that too :cry3: I will be stocking up on the old version. My mid relaxer protein step won't be the same without it.:ohwell:

OMG Vixxen, how cute is that wedding picture!! :Flahsssss

I can't understand why the heck they would change the ingriedients. That was my go to conditioner, whenever my hair would get that scary, mushy, overconditioned feeling. Then they go and throw in some glycerin at the top of the list?!! That's not going to help reconstruct my hair when I need it!! :angry2:

Sistaslick said:
I saw that too :cry3: I will be stocking up on the old version. My mid relaxer protein step won't be the same without it.:ohwell:

You saw it too Sistaslick?! Part of me in my paranoid pj state was wondering maybe I made a mistake, maybe they didn't do that but they DID! I know you and a lot of girls use that when relaxing. Aphogee really messed up big time. :hammer:

Sistaslick said:

That's what I use mine for too!

@ Priestess: Thank you! We rally like that photo!

Priestess said:
OMG Vixxen, how cute is that wedding picture!! :Flahsssss

I can't understand why the heck they would change the ingriedients. That was my go to conditioner, whenever my hair would get that scary, mushy, overconditioned feeling. Then they go and throw in some glycerin at the top of the list?!! That's not going to help reconstruct my hair when I need it!! :angry2:

I think they are tryna compete with Keraphix. Keraphix as mineral oil and I think gkycerin too.

VWVixxen said:
:wallbash:

Mine too, I guess I need to hit the BSS on Saturday after all.

Oh my gosh this is the cutest thing. Best Wishes on your wedding I love, love this picture. How cute. sorry I had to add this in here.

Priestess said:
You saw it too Sistaslick?! Part of me in my paranoid pj state was wondering maybe I made a mistake, maybe they didn't do that but they DID! I know you and a lot of girls use that when relaxing. Aphogee really messed up big time. :hammer:

Yeah! They were sitting right next to each other on the shelf :lol: The new one looks like a kiddie version... reminded me of PCJ w/ the pearly looking packaging:lol: The old version looks more "serious" like its really gonna do some reconstructin' or something:lol:

Sistaslick said:
Yeah! They were sitting right next to each other on the shelf :lol: The new one looks like a kiddie version... reminded me of PCJ w/ the pearly looking packaging:lol: The old version looks more "serious" like its really gonna do some reconstructin' or something:lol:

So true! :yep: :lol:

:) Don't know how true this is but my stylist mentioned today that Redken bought out Aphogee. This convo came about when he was explaining to me the brand of color made by Redken that has a bit of Aphogee which he said was safe to use on my newly relaxed hair.

I will go look for a couple of the old bottles today. I really enjoy this stuff just the way it is!

Sistaslick said:

great way to describe it! :)

OH NO!!!! I just have one more use in my bottle after my wash tonight and I just told myself that I need to go get some more. But, when I was in the bss yesterday, I was looking for the one that I had and didn't see it. I didn't realize that the changed the color and the ingridients...that would explain why I couldn't find the one I wanted. I just hope I can find the old one.

Last edited:
Ok....I'm confoosed. My ApHogee has the red leaf and black text and just says "intensive keratin reconstructor" it doesn't say nuttin bout 2 minutes. I looked on their site and the my apHogee is not even on their product list. Just the one that says 2min reconstructor which have the red leaf and red text.:confused: Somebody pleeze explain. It's a brand new bottle I just got it like 3 days ago.

Last edited:
chayil0427 said:
Ok....I'm confoosed. My ApHogee has the red leaf and black text and just says "intensive keratin reconstructor" it doesn't say nuttin bout 2 minutes. I looked on their site and the my apHogee is not even on their product list. Just the one that says 2min reconstructor which have the red leaf and red text.:confused: Somebody pleeze explain.

The one with the red leaf that says "2 Minute Keratin Recon.." is the one that I have...and the one that I was looking for but didn't see. I saw some other reconstructor by Aphogee but since it didn't look like the one I had, I passed on it.

Back