Apalus Straightening Brush

Is the Apalus ceramic?
One issue I've seen with these brushes is they don't seem to get the hair silky. Just a very stiff straightening.

I ordered an FHI Stylus (heavily discounted, supposedly used only once) so I will report back on how it works.
One concern is that my hair isn't thick enough for the brush to actually grip and straighten. I have skimpy 3b textured frizzy hair. I haven't seen any reviews for these kinds of brushes for my hair type.

I keep checking this thread out for more pics. I don't need another straightening tool. I just need to baby my hair after mistreating it for so long. I don't think I could use it anyway, my hair can't handle being brushed while dry.

@divachyk Yup. My hair laughs at flat irons too unless I use high heat which is something I don't normally do anyway.

ETA- You do have to make sure your hair is well detangled prior to using the brush. The sections in the back of my hair is natural and the ends tend to get bushy/knotty ( Anyone else deal with this issue?)
So I had to be extra careful that the brush didn't get caught in them.

Last edited:
@IronButterfly

You should also post your review here!:up:
On it!

Apalus Straightening Brush!!! I don't 0ften straighten my anorexic strands because blow drying and flatironing tend to leave my hair feeling stiff especially after a day. But this brush left my hair feeling soft and silky like. I don't have the kind of hair you can whip back and forth, but I'm going on 4 days and my hair has not reverted, gotten stiff and my ends aren't crackling. I was even able to straighten all the way to the root (they're reverting a tiny bit due to night sweats). Great investment!

I will come back with a review on the FHI Stylus in the next couple of weeks after I get it and use it. I was able to get one for about $40 with shipping. My hair straightens very easily but I have a feeling the brush may work better on hair that has more curl and more thickness.
I didn't have luck with the InStyler, it seemed better for thicker hair.

Okay, so I used the Brush this morning.

I used it at 350 and got similar results as if I would have blown my hair dry.

At least I am able to comb through my hair.

I probably would have gotten much sleeker results at 400 (but didn't want to go there) yet.

I used a little Apoghee Green Tea Restructurizer with it and a few drops of Pure Argan Oil.

Even a tools challenged person like me can successfully use this Brush, so for that alone, I am highly impressed.:laugh:

@IDareT'sHair I just finished using the brush. I had the temp on 350 too and of course it looks like a blow out lol. It stretched my hair enough so I could trim my ends so I am pleased.

ETA- Since I rarely wear my hair out, I'm not bothered to get it really straight for now. My hair hasn't looked relaxer straight and laid in so long, I've had to look at old pics.

I think I might return this. I haven't tried it yet on clean hair tho. But I just bought a blow dryer last month and I feel like my hair is too short for the brush. Plus I want to rock the curly look for now.

Okay so I used it today. Pics attached.I washed and conditioned my hair then lightly stretched with the blow dryer before using the brush. This will probably replace my flat iron because number 1, I hate flat ironing, number 2 it took 45min to do my whole head. An hour and a half total for blow drying and straightening. In my opinion I would not be afraid to crank up the heat setting on this brush. I feel like it does not get hot the way a flat iron does. My hair can get straight on 360 using a flat iron but using this it was a sleek blowout look. I also had just recently done a hardcore protein treatment so that could attribute to my hair not getting as straight. I like it and will keep using it. I get my hair sleek enough to trim and it takes less time. My hair is also has a lot of body and swing. Because it is not bone straight I know it is not damaged as well. It fits my needs so a+ from me.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    124.5 KB · Views: 163
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    144.2 KB · Views: 159
Back