anyone wear wigs?

PittGirl06

Hair product junkie reloaded!
has anyone here worn a wig ontheir head for a while? My mother wants me to save my money and instead of getting extensions, buy a wig! I MIGHT do that but only I would use it for when I go overseas...this summer I am getting my extensions!!! Anyway, anyone ever wear one an dhow did you like it? Did you have along one?

Hi PittGirl,

I did for about a year. I know that isn't long. I'm glad I stopped, because in comparison, I'm happier not wearing them.

PROS:
*Less hair manipulation
*Quick and easy hair styles
*Low maintenance (in comparison to my own hair)
*Change styles in a flash

CONS:
*Must still cover own hair because it would catch in netting
*Hot as heck in the summer
*Costly (for the more realistic styles, human hair)
*Itching (hard to scratch through the netting)

THE REAL DEAL:
*Fear of dates and guy reaching to touch "my" hair
*Fear of children that want to touch "my hair"
*Fear of STRONG WINDS
laugh.gif
(I don't care what hair pins can do!)
*People looking at me funny because I forgot to be concerned about "my hair" in the rain.
*Hair pins that shifted and poked (not always, just always in public)
*No hats (my head's too big for my hair, "my hair" and hat)

I was really trying to find more PROS, but I just couldn't think of any. I know there were some, because I wore them for a year.

HTH

I do. i wore have two i wear all winter, i dont wear my hair out at all for that season, loved the styles so much ive taken them into spring.

i corn row my own hair, put on the wig cap and bam! im gone
smile.gif
its so easy and versatile - my hair and ends thank me for doing this.

funny thing is there has been absolutely no one who has realized im wearing a wig unless i tell em. the first time hubby saw it he thought id changed my hair style
smirk.gif

LOL
smirk.gif
girl sometimes i dont even cornrow, i just pull all my hair back and do one big plait and clip down the end to one side and whammo the wig cap holds it in like nothing
smile.gif

well, I cant even plait!!! I am hairstyle challenged....all I can do is a ponytale with my real hair an dmaybe curl it...but I can bearly even do that!

Back