ANYONE WANT TO DO S TWIST/ PTROTECTIVE STYLE CHALLENGE FOT 2010?

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
I am going to do protective styles until the end of the year. I know there is a thread here, but it is only for select participants. Anyone is open to join me. I am by no means a twist expert, but I feel my hair will be very happy with not being manipulated so often. If no one joins, it will be my own personal challenge. I'll be starting my twist challenge today and will post my pics as soon as they get back to me.:yep:

I kinda want to join this but I am so tired of my twists already. I have to keep my hair twisted for work so let's see what happens. What are the rules? I don't think I will twist my hair til like this sunday coming up on Monday when I have spare time.

I'm just doing this for ladies who want to do protective styles.:grin: There are no hard nosed rules. I'm basically going to leave my hair twisted and re do them when they look busted. :lachen: I'm a novice at making rules and stuff. Can you give me a hand at it? My goal is to do protective styles until the end of the year. I feel like daily wash n gos are too much manipulation for my hair. You can do any protective style you choose as long as it is a protective style.:yep: Also, this is a way for me to get more skilled at doing my own hair. Twists are just a beginning. I'm hoping also to finally learn how to braid or cornrow my own hair. I believe this will help me to no longer be style challenged. I hope to help others along the way.

Last edited:
I have no clue how to do a challenge. Maybe someone else can help, but...hmm first, maybe we can change the title of the thread so as to attract more people.

Since damaging my hair I want to keep it PS'd with twist/braid(outs) so it's cool this isn't limited.

I'm thinking about hiding my hair until the end of the year too. I have not seen the kind of progress I desired from bunning and wearing a wash 'n' go.

I'm going to have my mother try the crotchet method on my hair in two weeks and if I like it I'll probably have her restyle it every 6-8 wks. If the crotchet method doesn't work, then I'll just wear braids and kinky twists until December.

I will join I want to hit bsl by the end of the and its just killing me to wait so long I will twist tonight after I dc and post pics

I'm not great at doing my twists, but I hope to get better as I go along. If anyone has any products that help define twists, I'd greatly appreciate it.:yep:

I will try twists tonight. I don't like the way they come out on my hair but if I find the right technique I will join you!

Okay I just tried them, and they have potential, how do you keep the twist from unraveling? And are you supposed to braid at the root? 'Cause my roots look a hot mess!

Okay I just tried them, and they have potential, how do you keep the twist from unraveling? And are you supposed to braid at the root? 'Cause my roots look a hot mess!
I dip my finger in gel and give the ends a little twist. It makes my ends stay raveled. The ends look like a little curl.:yep: I learned how to twist by watching you tube videos. I currently can't braid, yet.

Last edited:
Thank you DDtexlaxed! I'm gonna have to wait until the weekend to practice some more. I really need to catch up on some work!:wallbash:

Back