Anyone Using the "Wet Brush"?

Nazaneen

I saw no threads on it. People seem to LOVE them. They are supposedly magic at detangling.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZJodxrM8Q4

thewetbrush.jpg

Last edited:
I use the version that looks like a paddle brush. I'm not sure what it is but the version pictured and the mini version seem ineffective to me. The paddle brush is worth it's weight in gold though.

They look scary. :perplexed:

They're not... I used one on wet hair. I don't have much tangling but I can still feel when something is rough on my hair. This was nice. Didn't feel as nice as Tangle Teezer though. But it's gentle.

The one with boar feels a little iffy though. Def wouldn't want to use that on wet hair.

I had this video in the OP but then I realized it was a weave or wig :look:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICV_oBEuFVY
at least i think it is. I really couldnt tell but after I looked at some of her other vids I realized it probably was,
But still, I think its a good review..

anyway here on kinky hair.ah nvm she doesnt even use it in the vid :lol:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMZB_Iwo8Js

here's a good one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfnU6rldD7A

and this :look:
she really likes it, apparently she has very tangle prone hair.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BDPrPBSLp4

Last edited:
lol @ a weave vid in the op

I'm concerned for her strands and that ain't even my hair. No ma'am. :nono: The sound of the TT or this brush you're talking about ripping through hair hurts my soul. I cannot.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
yeah the tangle teezer makes quite a sound LOL

Okay sorry guys *hangs head and leaves*

I was wondering why I didnt see anything about this on LHCF.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
yeah the tangle teezer makes quite a sound LOL

Okay sorry guys *hangs head and leaves*

I was wondering why I didnt see anything about this on LHCF.
Awww :lol: Don't go, somebody might have that extra resilient hair that can handle it.

My ex-SIL got some STRONG hair. My relaxed hair used to crinkle off in a slight breeze and I don't know my natural hair like that to be playing games. :nono:

All I use is the wet brush and I love it!

Sent from my fantabulous Note 4 using LHCF

yayy!!
its not scary right? :lol:
we need to get more lhcf'ers to try them. i could understand naturals being afraid of it . i wouldn't be brushing through dry curls with it. But on wet hair it's fine imo...

no one here :cry3:? this seems to be the rage right now.

I have used one. It is very gentle. The bristles are extremely flexible, because if this, I can see it being good for fine and/or relaxed hair. If your hair is thick, it can take forever. It can't get through huge chunks of hair like the tangle teezer, so you have to do really small sections with it . More gentle than a Denman and the TT, but for my thick hair, it just was too time consuming to use.

I have one but I had to stop using it once I got deeper into my transition. It worked better on my bonelaxed hair and only when I used a super slippery conditioner. I don't really use slippery conditioners anymore.

As per a suggestion on here, I got one. It is
Much more gentle than the denman brush. It does not smooth and hey all the shed hair out completely the way a deman does but almost 90% of it. I don't find the original to be rough at all. I use it with conditioner and have 3a-3c texture.

yayy!!
its not scary right? :lol:
we need to get more lhcf'ers to try them. i could understand naturals being afraid of it . i wouldn't be brushing through dry curls with it. But on wet hair it's fine imo...

Lol not scary at all. I recommend it when people stop and ask me about my hair. I only use it in the shower when I have conditioner in my hair though, never after.
I bought some other brush people liked on here and I hated it, it felt like it was ripping my hair out smh.

Oh Yea I'm 4a texture so I would recommend it to anyone.

Lol not scary at all. I recommend it when people stop and ask me about my hair. I only use it in the shower when I have conditioner in my hair though, never after.
I bought some other brush people liked on here and I hated it, it felt like it was ripping my hair out smh.

Oh Yea I'm 4a texture so I would recommend it to anyone.

was it one of those bamboo or something brushes???which kind didn't you like?

was it one of those bamboo or something brushes???which kind didn't you like?

Yes I think it was bamboo. I need to find that thread. I found it at TJMaxx and was all excited thinking it would be better than the Wet Brush and it was terrible. I'll never stray from my WB again lol.

I didn't realize they had those balls on the ends. Those seem like they would be suicide when used on curly hair. I can only imagine the snagging

lol @ a weave vid in the op

I'm concerned for her strands and that ain't even my hair. No ma'am. :nono: The sound of the TT or this brush you're talking about ripping through hair hurts my soul. I cannot.

If you read the comments below this video, she says she stopped using it because it snagged her hair. She's back to using the tangle teezer.

Nope, don't like the way it looks. I use a similar brush to beat my wigs.

What happens when the little bulb comes off the tip! Rip city!

I will pass.

A brush is a brush and I don't use any to detangle, they cause too much pulling for me. I guess when my hair gets longer, I'll have to find some other way to pull by hair together to create a bun.:afro:

Back