Anyone using or tried a 2" Flat Iron?

Ivonnovi

Quick..I'm going to Sallys...Anyone using or tried a 2" Flat Iron?

I'm headed to Sallys in a few.....& I want one but I'd like the reviews of someone who's tried it and/or currently uses one.

Is it faster?

Can have you been able to "bump" your ends under with it?

I don't usually curl my hair, I prefer it "Bone Straight" when I flat iron it. I'm thinking that I'll get better results with larger plates.

Thank You In Advance.

Last edited:
Re: Anyone using or tried a 2" Flat Iron? (My Review)

Well I purchased the Curved...2 1/2" Iron by Jilbere de Paris. AND I LOVE IT.

I was able to achieve the look I want with just one "dileberate" pass-through over my hair.

I was able to complete the flatiorning and take these pictures in less than 30 minutes.
:grin:Yep, it's a keeper and a time saver, and because of no extra effort to bump my ends under, I think it's a "retention" saver too!!!!

The last picture is after the 2nd pass through....

Now if I can just find my headband to complete the look....

Attachments

• Picture 87.jpg
    Picture 87.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 30
  • Picture 81.jpg
    Picture 81.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 32
  • Picture 79.jpg
    Picture 79.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 26
  • Picture 90.jpg
    Picture 90.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
I actually have the smaller one like this. I believe it's 1-3/4 in. I had it for a few years, I don't like the burning smell it gives off when its on the highest setting. Another thing I didn't like about it was the wearing of the material on the outside of the plates. Other than that, I agree with how you said your hair was straight with just one pass of the flat iron.

Thanks for the input.
Though it's not bad,....I couldn't tell if the smell was coming from the Thermal protectant or what. LOL.

In an attempt to burn off the smell, I've letting it sit on the Highest temp for at least 1hour.

As for the fabric rubbing off, I have another set of flat irons by this company, and encountered the same thing. But as long as the final result to my hair is what I'm looking for I can live with that cosmetic "inconveince".
I am satisfied with the performance of both irons.

I actually have the smaller one like this. I believe it's 1-3/4 in. I had it for a few years, I don't like the burning smell it gives off when its on the highest setting. Another thing I didn't like about it was the wearing of the material on the outside of the plates. Other than that, I agree with how you said your hair was straight with just one pass of the flat iron.

I think that your hair came out really good , and it's definitely an added bonus that it took only 2 passes.

Bumping.
I've not used the 2" in about 2 months. Just updateing that the "smell" was gone after about a month.

Does anyone else have any experience with the larger irons? I'm in brainds till New Years timeframe; looking for other's experience.

are you relaxed or natural? i've used a two inch before and i feel like it didn't get my hair as sleek as my 1 inch. Also, I couldn't get close to my roots.

SunnyRabbit, Thank you for asking.
I've been texlaxing for the past year. I habitually avoid straighting my roots too much because (I feel) the waves gives my thin hair volume.

I have all size FHI's. I have the 1", 1.25" (most used), 1.75", and the 2"

The 2" is when I want it bone straight with no curl. I get through my head really fast with it.The 1.25" is my fave because it gives me big curls when I twist it. The 1" is nice for spirals on me.... Lord knows why I purchased the 1.75.. prolly just PJ'ism.

Thank you Fab.
Yes it's your PJ'ism, I recongnized that in myself as well. I just recently bundled and sold a Lot of hair appliances just to downsize my collection.
I'm now down to: a 1-1/2", the 2", a electric comb, Heatcap, and a travel size ion blowdryer. Fortunately my hair is in braids right now so I've not tested my resilance to stick to these few appliances.

Back