Anyone using Bone Combs?

JustKiya

Okay - I got a bone comb through a group order on TLHC - the benefits are that a) They are COMPLETELY and perfectly seamless b) they won't split like wooden combs when used in wet hair/shower c) because they are made from the same stuff as hair (keratin) they create less static/stress in your hair.

So - I got the comb Wednesday, but didn't use it until today because my hair was up....and - can I tell ya'll, I am a CONVERT!!! It was - odd - I didn't have to FIGHT with my hair - I just combed it, and stopped at the occasional knot, detangled, and kept on going. The interesting part - for me - was that I was combing my hair wet -but with NO product in it - which is something that I almost NEVER do because I run the risk of breaking off too many other hairs. This comb went through my hair like butter - and the tines are CLOSER together than the ones on my usual widetoothed comb that I tend to use.....

Anyone else had/used/loved a bone comb??

I have two sets of bone combs that I absolutely love (and am very protective over :lol: )!!! They glide so effortlessly through my hair whether it's wet or dry. I don't think that I could ever go back to using any other type of comb.

I've always been interested in bone combs now I know I'm gonna have to get one, thanks for sharing chica!;)

I just received my seamless combs from tenderheaded.com today, and I :love: them already. I'm never going back to regular plastic combs!

Love my bone combs. I only use my wooden (Ric Carpenter) comb on my dry hair and the bone combs on my wet hair and dry hair. No contest!!!!

sspc said:
I'm sorry, help me out...what are Bone Combs?

Basically combs made out of bone/horn - they are carved out of all one piece, so they are very smooth - and apparently, I'm not the only lady who sees that they go through your hair like BUTTA baby!!

I'm going to have to try one! I've been having some challenges lately when I comb through my wet hair, even with my wide-tooth shower comb. Since the last shampoo, I think I am seeing a little breakage after combing it when wet. Maybe I didn't take my time.

Royal Glory said:
I just placed an order for two from www.hairsense.com!
I ordered mine from Hairsense too awhile back and I LOVE THEM. I always have to make sure i grab them back from whatever stylist i take them to because they always try to 'keep' them on the sly :ohwell:. They are wonderful and u will love them!

Yup I use them and love them. I go crazy when I can't find it. I won't use anything else on my hair. I got mine off ebay. Q

I want one really bad, and just may go buy one tomorrow. I've seen them at one BSS near me and you can tell that it was hand carved and all.

Are they sold locally?? I called Sally's, but they don't have real bone combs :mad:.....I really want one but I don't wanna pay any shipping and I want my comb today, lol

i have been using a bone comb for years....let me rephrase i have been stealing my mother's bone comb for years because its the best to comb my wet hair out with.
I use the master rake. i have like 5 or 6 different colors. after i deep condition and comb my hair out with the bone comb while wet there is pretty much NO hair on the comb even after coming through my whole head.

I Love My Bone Combs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've been using them for about 2 years now. They are expensive for a comb but worth it. I lost 1 and replaced it, then I found the one I lost.:lachen:

naturallylovely said:
Are they sold locally?? I called Sally's, but they don't have real bone combs :mad:.....I really want one but I don't wanna pay any shipping and I want my comb today, lol

..........I know someone knows, lol

Sonja is heard muttering..."Durn 'PJ' got out the house again!"

Just ordered the pair of combs for fine/thin hair from Hairscense on eBAY.

"That dang 'PJ'..."come on back girl!" "Got to get you caged!" ****whistling for 'PJ' to come home*****

Don't feel bad January Noir.......I just ordered mine from Hairsense too. I got Henna coming in the mail and now I'm getting combs.......Good Lawd........my hair better touch my kneecaps by the time I'm through :lol: .

nycutiepie said:
Don't feel bad January Noir.......I just ordered mine from Hairsense too. I got Henna coming in the mail and now I'm getting combs.......Good Lawd........my hair better touch my kneecaps by the time I'm through :lol: .

:rofl: RIGHT! I have spent a small fortune in the past 2 months on haircare supplies and accessories. It's become an obsession! My hair better touch my toenails when it's all said and done!

UPDATE!

Received my 3 bone combs from Hairscense (eBay) today. All I can say is WOW! :shocked:

I tried combing through my new growth and the teeth of the comb glided through it without a hitch.

How come none y'all never told me about these before? :shocked: :thumbsup:

This is so funny, I seem to remember a pack of these at Wal-Mart in the black hair care section. I wonder if they were the real deal... :scratchch

I gotta get my hands on one! :grin:

Back