Anyone used Clairol's Textures & Tones?

AsTheCurlzTurns

Is there anyone who's tried this hair coloring formula? I'm lookin to go way lighter than my normal color (I love color and getting tired of this black LOL). But anyway, just wondering if anyone has tried this and what are your thoughts on it? If you didn't likey, then what are your recommendations? (Keep in mind I'm lookin to go lighter, not dark) *Please no Dark N Lovely recommendations LOL those stinks! TIA!

I've used it when I colored and I've had no problems. I used Cherrywood and Bronze. Came out nicely! I would recommend it!

When I was thinking about dying my hair T & T was the only brand that got rave reviews across the board here and at NP. Especially for naturals. I bought a box and chickened out though. I still have it on my dresser. I ended up getting highlights at the salon.

I used this brand approx 2 wks ago (I went darker, not lighter though) and I had a great experience. T&T is a well-received product from what I've read, and a stylist once told me that if you're going to do at home color to use T&T.

I used bronze and I loved it! It came out very even and just the way I wanted it to. It didn't dry out my hair too much but now that I on;y have color on the last 5in of my hair I am just DYING to cut it out! The color was perfect for me because it was light enough that I could go different colors with semi-perm/rinses but it wasn't so light that it severely dried my hair out.

Ohhhh thanks sooo much for the reviews ladies! Sounds like I'm on a good path here. Hmmm is there anyone else who've used it too?

Its a great hair color

I used it to get one of my favorite colors I ever had

And it doesnt leave your hair all brittle

I've used it in Bronze and was very pleased with it. Stay on top of keeping your hair moisturized with any pern color:up:

Thanks ladies, hmmm seems to be bronze and cherrywood being recommended here. Think I'll check into those ones today!!! Thanks again! :)

Did users of Clairol's Textures and Tones apply it to towel dried hair or dry hair? I used it three years ago and applied it to towel tried hair and my color did not penetrate very well.

I remember using Clairol Nice N Easy in high school and I always applied it to dry hair with good results.

Thanks for your input.

Did users of Clairol's Textures and Tones apply it to towel dried hair or dry hair? I used it three years ago and applied it to towel tried hair and my color did not penetrate very well.

I remember using Clairol Nice N Easy in high school and I always applied it to dry hair with good results.

Thanks for your input.

I only applied the color to dry hair. I followed the instructions when I used it and dry hair is recommended. HTH!

that is the only color I use, I love it! I use either natural black or intense black (something like that).

I had made a mistake and bought the creme of nature color, didn't like it as much, seemed a bit strong for my relaxed strands, but the clairol you will like.

Oops. I must have gotten the Clairol T & T mixed up with the Clairol Beautiful Collections rinse that states apply to towel dried hair.

Anyway, I will apply Textures and Tones to dry hair and see how it turns out.

Thanks Ladies!!

Try again?

Thanks for your input.

I applied it to wet hair and it did not take. That must have been my problem. Would it be OK to try it again or would it be too damaging?

Back