Anyone Tried the Living Proof No Frizz Products?

sydwrites

I was reading Allure magazine and saw an article on a new no cones solution to combat frizz by some guy in an MIT lab. I also saw some pretty good reviews on another hair site for curly girls. My question is has anyone from LHCF tried it yet, any reviews. From what i've heard the site is giving away free full-size bottles with a purchase for you or a friend to try. It seems they will be debuting on QVC next week.

Living Proof / No Frizz / Who We Are seems like all the boards are buzzing about this, I belive if you are one fo the first to purchase they will give you one free bottle, they will be oin QVC on 10-12-08 and will eventually be in Sephora stores.No haven't tried it,but interested!

Sounds interesting. I see they are sold out of (or haven't finished developing) the wave treatment for thick/coarse hair.

No cones, though? Very interesting. And the bit about helping you hair "improve it's own ability to resist humidity change" is very interesting, too.

Is it water soluble, though? :lol:

Its suppose to latch onto the parts of the cuticle thats raised and seal it. Since most products do this with silicones, i'm so interested in seeing how it works out for someone with my hair type. I dont believe any of the reviews ive seen were of people with curls as tight as mine, but everyone loves it so far.

No,not yet but I'm interested in learning more about this! I saw it on that morning show with Kathy Lee and Hoda Kofi and I couldn't find any info online. It seems really promising though since some scientists from MIT figured out the formulation. I may get it when it's on special at QVC...if the price is right.

*raises hand* I received a sample package of the Thick/Coarse set and the Medium/Thick set in both the straight and curly formula. Needless to say I won't be using the straight formula anytime soon. The Coarse formula according to the company won't be available for purchase until Feb 2009. I put it on last nite before my KCCC, woke up this morning and not as much frizz as before. No need to spray my hair with water to refresh it, so I'm impressed so far. But the true test will be tomorrow and this weekend when I've really slept on it. I will update at that time.

Edited to add: My hair type is 4a/b

Last edited:
The product is similar to SMB - looks like a great product to add to my future collection. This lady in the picture below shows the left side of her hair with the product and the right without after being in the steamer for a few minutes. It looks like the more you use it, the better your strands get.

It looks really promising, I will purchase the products when it goes on sale in February. Hoping that it works out better than SMB.

They used the same science that is used to adhere polymers on the backs of cds in this product. That is why it is cone free.

^^^So does mine. Plus, these products were reviewed on another website, and the reviews were less than stellar.

I've tried the spray (for fine hair) with a roller set done by my stylist. It seemed to start eliminating frizz right away, but didnt keep my hair from becoming frizzy once I got out into the elements. Products such as SMB and Aveda Anti- humectant pomade have proven to be to heavy for my hair and make it greasy, so I thought a spray such as this one would be great. I haven't given up on it yet. It may not be the best with roller sets, but if it works for flat ironing it will be worth keeping. I'll keep u ladies update. BTW, got mine at Sephora for $24. If it doesnt work with flat ironing back it goes!

Any updates? Despite reading some "so-so" reviews, I'm still intrigued. I think I'm going to order some today.

I have been using the products (curly/straight) on my hair for the past 2 weeks, and I love the way my hair feels. I do not know how effective the product is with regards to eliminating frizz because I haven't straightened my hair recently but my hair feels much better with the product - smoother, and combs out easier. If I were to rollerset, I think it would enhance the smoothness of my hair - I plan to rollerset in the near future. When I use the straight one, my kinky hair seems to stretch-out/lengthen more than it would w/out the product. When I wash, I apply phyto 7, no frizz, and then seal the end with onyl oil or castor oil then braid/twist. My hair feels really great afterwards; I intend to add this as a permanent staple, and will update again when I straighten. I feel comfortable that it is enhancing the quality of my strands. One negative I have experienced is that my hair is naturally shiny and when I apply the product, maybe because of the color of the cream or maybe I might be using too much, my hair is not as shiny. That is why I use the oil at the end of the routine to bring back my natural shine.

i tried this product the other week and was impressed!! i was very skeptical but i loved the way it made my hair feel and it did control the frizz. i would really like to try it on good and humid day and see what happens. i only had a sample of it but i am dying to get back to sephora to purchase the bottle.
oh!! i will check it out on qvc 1st though. didnt know they sold it, i just ordered something from them yesterday:(

I tried a sample on my daughter's hair ( natural, 4b, very thick) and I was not impressed. I saw a slight different b/c I did one side only to compare. To me, it is not worth the price. But the good thing is you can get a sample from Sephora and try it yourself.

I received a sample from Sephora and I liked it a lot. I was almost frizz free. The only problem is the price for a small bottle ($24 for 4oz). too expensive!!!

Ladies who have used this using the coarse products can you please provide your feedback on this. Much appreciate it!

TIA!

I saw this product being advertiised on TV, have you tried this and those that have what do you think?

Bumping for responses.

Back