Anyone Tried the Living Proof No Frizz Products?

I posted about my experience with Living Proof several weeks ago and it's totally awesome. There was a difference in my hair after the first use; it felt softer for several days after using it. I was happy to see that QVC now sells it. It has a wonderful clean smell to it.

I used Living Proof for thick/coarse hair a few weeks ago and I loved it! I blow dried my hair with less effort than usual. Also, I was at a wedding at the beach and my hair did not get as frizzy and it was pretty humid. It's a keeper.

I saw it a Sephora, but didn't buy yet. Thanks for your feedback ladies!

Others please let us know how you feel about this product.

Living Proof does not contain silicones, and I think Sabino does. Yesterday, I used the LP for thick/coarse hair...shampoo, conditioner, leave-in and Straight Styling Cream. My review is based on transitioning hair...my last relaxer was 29 weeks ago.

Shampoo--it's a good NATURAL product, however, I think it worked better on my relaxed hair and not my natural. After using the shampoo, my hair didn't feel stripped, however, it wasn't as moisturizing for my thick hair.

Conditioner---Again, it's a good NATURAL product, however, I need a product with more slip. I think it worked fine on my relaxed hair.

Leave-in--Did not have slip and left a film on my hair.

Straight Styling Cream--This is s KEEPER! When the other products didn't provide enough slip, I rinsed my hair with YTCucumbers and applied KKKT leave-in. I then applied a little Emu oil and then the LP Straight Styling Cream. I decided to blow dry and flat iron using a little Redken Smooth down for protection...waiting on my order of Argan oil for protection.

WOW...this creme decreased my blow dry time by half, allowed me to use a lower setting on my iron, and really straightened my 29 weeks of new growth.

Fragrance--I have allergies to strong fragrance, and this product did not aggravate my allergies. It has a clean fresh scent, which also left my hair smelling fresh.

I purchased the trial size at JC Penney, and will return it today and purchase only the Straight Styling Cream.

I called Living proof before using the products, but didn't receive a call until after using the product. The Living Proof rep. I spoke with said the leave-in can cause a film and to use it mostly on your ends...wish I would have know that yesterday. She also said the shampoo and conditioner enhance the other products, however, you can use other products, just be sure to use the Straight Styling Cream.

Update: This morning, my hair is still soft and straight. The ultimate test will be withstanding the Houston heat and humidity.

Attachments

• Living Proof-1.jpg
    Living Proof-1.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 15
  • Living Proof-4.jpg
    Living Proof-4.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 17
  • Living Proof-2.jpg
    Living Proof-2.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 14
  • Living Proof.jpg
    Living Proof.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Living Proof does not contain silicones, and I think Sabino does. Yesterday, I used the LP for thick/coarse hair...shampoo, conditioner, leave-in and Straight Styling Cream. My review is based on transitioning hair...my last relaxer was 29 weeks ago.

Shampoo--it's a good NATURAL product, however, I think it worked better on my relaxed hair and not my natural. After using the shampoo, my hair didn't feel stripped, however, it wasn't as moisturizing for my thick hair.

Conditioner---Again, it's a good NATURAL product, however, I need a product with more slip. I think it worked fine on my relaxed hair.

Leave-in--Did not have slip and left a film on my hair.

Straight Styling Cream--This is s KEEPER! When the other products didn't provide enough slip, I rinsed my hair with YTCucumbers and applied KKKT leave-in. I then applied a little Emu oil and then the LP Straight Styling Cream. I decided to blow dry and flat iron using a little Redken Smooth down for protection...waiting on my order of Argan oil for protection.

WOW...this creme decreased my blow dry time by half, allowed me to use a lower setting on my iron, and really straightened my 29 weeks of new growth.

Fragrance--I have allergies to strong fragrance, and this product did not aggravate my allergies. It has a clean fresh scent, which also left my hair smelling fresh.

I purchased the trial size at JC Penney, and will return it today and purchase only the Straight Styling Cream.

I called Living proof before using the products, but didn't receive a call until after using the product. The Living Proof rep. I spoke with said the leave-in can cause a film and to use it mostly on your ends...wish I would have know that yesterday. She also said the shampoo and conditioner enhance the other products, however, you can use other products, just be sure to use the Straight Styling Cream.

Update: This morning, my hair is still soft and straight. The ultimate test will be withstanding the Houston heat and humidity.

Thanks for sharing...I was just looking for a product that will help when I flat iron my hair and help fight humidity.

I love No Frizz. :grin: I have a sample of the wave/curl treatment for coarse hair, but I use it to flat iron my hair.

It leaves my hair SO soft and silky, and it really does combat frizz and reversion. When I use it, my flat ironed hair stays super-straight for at least 5 days with no reversion. It also acts as a heat protectant.

I really like that this product is not greasy like Sabino, doesn't weigh my hair down or make it overly shiny, and feels weightless. It's also much easier to use than Sabino, since you don't have to worry about using to much (the Living Proof website says to use as much product as you like.)

The wave/curl treatment has given me such great results that I think I'll stick with it, instead of buying the straight treatment. (I haven't decided yet, though.)

Back