anyone still doing the whole fantasia ic gel with "sparklites"

youwillrise

pfft..."sparklites"...whatever the crap THAT means.

anyway lol...does anyone still use that stuff. i used it years ago...like at the beginning of my natural journey (so like 7 years ago) and i cant remember if i liked it or not. or if it flaked a lot...or if it was crunchy....ugh...im considering CONSIDERING trying it again, not sure yet.

ima gonna have to get some recent reviews. dont really hear anyone talk about using it anymore, though. so, i'm just wondering. thought i'd peek in and see if anyone is still on it? ive never been much of a gel kind of person, but im thinking of giving it another try. eh we'll see. okay, now im just thinking out loud...so let me stop.

I think they changed the formula.

When I was natural a few years ago, the blue fantasia ic gel was the only thing that could hold my hair down. Fast forward to my second BC and back to natural, my hair laughs at it. I know my technique hasn't changed.

I use ecostyler gel now.

I use it:look:. When I'm 2 or 3 months post I use it on wet hair and tie it down to make my wavies. They are soft and shiny. I use Eco styler gel on my edges for straight looks.

I use the gel if I want a defined bantu-knot out or braid out. It mixes well with my creamy/oily moisturizers and sealers. The only thing I don't like about it, is tat it's not natural.

I really liked the way it works, but I think it has a cone or two in it - which is why I stopped using it. If you don't care about that though, I give it a thumbs up.

@youwillrise --- I have recently revisited this gel (had a jar laying around the house) and I'm having great success with it. In the beginning of my natural journey when my hair was a twa I used it and then traded it for Long Aid Curl Activator gel which doesn't give me the hold I want in the humid summer months.

So far so good, no build up, no flakes, smell great and gives great hold and definition for my twist outs and flat twist outs.

i lurve it, no flakes or dryness and it plays nice with:
db lemongrass transitioning cream
db leave-in
komaza shea lotion
komaza coconut curl lotion
oyin hair dew
hydroquench systems greaseless moisture

i use any of these that i have available, when i twist my hair for twistouts week under the gel. i love how easily it rinses or shampoos from my hair as well. i have tried ecostyler but i like this gel better. i started using it when afroveda upped their prices and stopped making a 32oz size of their whipped gelly. nice shine and no crunch as well.

I use the blue one to slick my hair back and lay down my 'baby hairs'. I find it very moisturising, it doesn't flake and it doesn't dry hard.

Back