Anyone remove or lighten Henna or Indigo?

Keedah

I used to dye my hair on a regular with henna and indigo. My last application was about a year and a half ago and I now wanna go lighter. Im thinking around the color in my avatar of a medium brown #4.I heard you can remove henna with developer alone so I got a bottle of 30 volume and cut a small piece of my ends off. I left it on the hair for an hour and nothing happened! t didnt lighten at all. Is bleach my only alternative? If so has anyone bleached without trashing their hair. I dont mind a gradual process of doing a process once a week for a few weeks.

I don't honestly know. I hope someone can answer for you. I have only gone black using indigo.

I did notice though that using the henna or the hibiscus powder my hair was a not as dark black and even had a reddish hue to it.

Hopefully someone can answer for you soon.

Ohhh gurl! Be careful...I don't know if you are relaxed or not but if you are I would strongly advise against bleach. If I wanted to go lighter I would have my friend (who is a stylist) use the lowest level developer and color to lighten just a little. I can't remember what level it was, but it was low enough that it didn't damage my hair. You won't get as light as bleach would, but at least you won't risk major bleach damage. Trust me girl, I have done it before and my hair can't take bleach.

Good luck!

I was hoping someone had a positive experience with bleach. I had some powder bleach from when I bleached the knots on my lace wig and put it on some shed hair with the 30 volume developer. I left it on for 15 minutes and it lifted a little.

My hair is natural and in pretty good condition. PGirl how light did you go when you bleached? How long did you leave it on?

Ok Ive been up and experimenting all night and I think Ive got it! I mixed the developer with light ash blond color from a Revlon Colorsilk kit I had lying around. Let it set for 15min and it came out a nice dark golden brown. No bleach and it lifted the henna/indigo. Perfect.

Back