Anyone Reach BSL Relaxed & Colored?

sheba125

I am wondering if this is truly possible. Driving to work today I decided that I need to "upgrade" myself. I need to get my swing back a new look, new attitude etc.......... I really would like a nice chestnut color however, I remember all the times I dyed my hair it fell right out. Now that I am better educated on hair care and retaining length(thanks to u ladies here) I am wondering if I can reach BSL, relaxed and colored. Right now I am about 2-3 inches from from APL and hope to reach BSL in the next 18 months.

Anyone reach their hair goals while being relaxed and colored? Thanks

sheba125 said:
I am wondering if this is truly possible. Driving to work today I decided that I need to "upgrade" myself. I need to get my swing back a new look, new attitude etc.......... I really would like a nice chestnut color however, I remember all the times I dyed my hair it fell right out. Now that I am better educated on hair care and retaining length(thanks to u ladies here) I am wondering if I can reach BSL, relaxed and colored. Right now I am about 2-3 inches from from APL and hope to reach BSL in the next 18 months.

Anyone reach their hair goals while being relaxed and colored? Thanks

hey sheba. i'm about an inch to brastrap and my hair has been highlighted since 2005. i do have to moisturize much much much more. and i trim my ends about every six months. i also use heat 2-3 times a year. the down side is that my colored strands are thinner and tend to get tangled alot :ohwell:. i don't have alot of shedding though. i think it's doable but it's alot more maintenance.

blackbarbie is also relaxed and colored and she's 3-4 inches past brastrap.

SweetCaramel1 said:
hey sheba. i'm about an inch to brastrap and my hair has been highlighted since 2005. i do have to moisturize much much much more. and i trim my ends about every six months. i also use heat 2-3 times a year. the down side is that my colored strands are thinner and tend to get tangled alot :ohwell:. i don't have alot of shedding though. i think it's doable but it's alot more maintenance.

blackbarbie is also relaxed and colored and she's 3-4 inches past brastrap.

Thanks Sweet Caramel1.......you just gave me another idea. Instead of coloring my hair totally maybe highlights are another option. I just def want a new look for the new year. thanks:)

I did reach BSL while my hair was relaxed and colored. Actually my hair was slightly past BSL. I colored my chestnut blonde and later honey blonde. Unfortunately the damage did eventually catch up to me. I had to cut off nearly 4 inches due to damage. My stylist said I'm lucky my hair is so resistant otherwise I would have had even more damage. Then again it might be possible but with alot of patience and dedication. If you desire a color change you can try highlights or a demi-permanent which contains a low volume of peroxide while it can't lift your hair color it can change the tone of the hair. Good Luck! with your upgrade.:)

this too is my biggest challenge..

i have been natural for the past 2 yrs and colored my hair a coco-brown ( T&T) but i am about to relax my hair and i know the trials and tribulations with colr and relaxed hair.. i had my hair colored b4 and it wrecked havoc but im hoping with all the great tips i have learned from the LHCF school of hard knocks that i can maintain healthy hair i know my hair will grow it grows alot but with the color the damage it does is just ughh.. hopefully i can accomplish this but this is the MAIN goal i want to accomplish...i am currently bsl but natural i just want to keep the healthy hair hair even while colored.. i dont like highlights not enough of a change for me...my plan of actions is to stretch my relaxer for as long as possible, to combat the double-chemical process..but i know the main thing is moisture-moisture-moisture...i also will get wash and sets but no blowing hair str8 i never did b4 so..that wont change..but anyone who can maintain healthy bsl length hair and beyond with a permamnet color is a genius...becuz lord knows its a job within itself

Back