ANyone Own a GHD FLAT IRON reviews??

Choclatcotton

I am thinking of buying GHD Flat iron, heard that it is top of the line. Its going for about 100.00 on Ebay right now. Anyone own one or know anything about it?

I've never even used a flat iron before, but I've heard so many reviews about the GHD's over here. It sounds as if they are the very best on the market. They must be if they retail at over £100, I've seen them for about £120!!

My stylist uses it to straighten my hair. It always comes out AMAZINGLY well. A good investment i'd say! :yep:

Are GHD's available in the US? I'm assuming so??

ETA: Be careful about buying GHD's from ebay, there are many sellers, flogging counterfeit GHD irons on there.

Last edited:
Am also very interested in getting a GHD.
Any recommendations out there, I know they have different ones!!!

I live in London and every hairdresser I've been to uses this flat iron, it's considered the best. It gets my hair pretty straight, the only thing is, there's no dial to control the temperature, but if you're not going to use it every day, and use a heat protectant, I don't see any problems.

Yes I have a pair of GHDs. I love them! Most decent hairdressers use them over here.

I'm natural and it straightens really well and my hair is doesnt get that burnt smell like when you get that hard press with a hot comb at the hairdressers! Yet its just as straight!

Negative: my ones dont have heat control....I dont know if the mk5 does but mine was mk4 (i think) and doesnt. I never feel like it gets too hot but I know some people need to know the EXACT temp of their flat iron...I'm not fussed as long as I dont hear sizzling!

If thats $100, thats a really good price but as mentioned before there are fake GHD's that dont have the hologram and cant be registered online etc...

Last edited:
I heard that it does not have a temp control because it has an internal thermostat that will not allow the iron to reach above 385 degrees. I was also interested in it because it suppose to have a way to keep the same temp all the way down the hair strand, meaning it does not loose heat as it passes through your hair strands.

IT IS THE BEST FLAT IRON I HAVE EVER, EVER, EVER USED!!!!!! Get the original styler for $195, not the IV for $240. The original styler has that protective lip guard, so that you can get close to the scalp without the hot plate touching it. The IV doesn't have it.

I have one. I am just starting to use it.

It was recommended by a noted hairdresser at a natural hair care seminar that I went to.

It straightens my hair very well and I have no complaints, my ends don't really straighten that well but I attribute that to the fact that I have never really straigtened my hair in 5 years of being natural. I think it may take time for them to be trained. I've already cut off about 4-5" of hair.

All my straightening Irons are GHD (apart from the maxi glide which i don't use)

I first purchased my GHD 7 years and never ever looked back. I have tried FHI, CHI, Sedu and all the rest and GHD wind hands down.

In my siggy my hair was straightened with the GHD 2 WEEKS PRIOR before taking that photo was taken... before that my hair was SWANGING. I have 4a type hair.

When I first joined LHCF I did and a search on the GHD and was SHOCKED that there no threads about it. Every hair/beauty forum I have been on there have been numerous threads praising the
GHD.

Last edited:
Oh and pls DO NOT BUY THIS on EBAY! They are fakes! even the fakes have serial numbers but they are not authentic.

This has been a big on going investigation. Ebay have done a good job of catching the sellers but there are still many on there selling duds.

i have a fhi and a GHD and the GHD is more than worth the price tag! Hair is straight silky and jus lovely.. GHD is amazing. I repeat GHD is amazing. Believe the hype ladies. lol

i have a fhi and a GHD and the GHD is more than worth the price tag! Hair is straight silky and jus lovely.. GHD is amazing. I repeat GHD is amazing. Believe the hype ladies. lol
Yes totally totally worth the price!

I really shouldn't be in this thread, I don't want to start flat ironing, but the silky straight locks sound sooo appealing!

Let me come out of this thread ya! :D

ETA: It comes to some thing when people are actually selling fake hair irons on Ebay, there I was thinking it was only Louis Vuitton et al that had that problem, but GHD, lol. I suppose, with Ebay if the price looks too good to be true then it probably is.

Last edited:
Back