Tell me about GHD Flat irons

Does everyone flat iron with completely clean, naked hair?

I think this where i have fugged up in the past. Should i wash, dc, spray with leave in, add my heat protectant ,leave to airdry then flat iron?
With no moisturizer , oil etc?

This is what I do, but I use sabino and you can just leave a bit of conditioner on your hair with the protectant.
When I airdry, I make sure the hair is stretched.
I love GHD's. I have the purple one with the flowers. I have 3c? thick coarse hair that is straightened in one pass, without blowdrying. My hair is never burnt, it never snags, it has so much shine. It is ridiculous. I love my iron.
ETA: I used my GHD for my sig. pic.

Last edited:
MarcustheWu
how much sabino do you use on your entire head? By the time I should be shoulder length, how much would i need? Is it worth me buying, i have heard a lot of good things but it could be hype

I have had a GHD for about 4 years. It does the job very well. I started using FHI because I needed to know what temperature I was using on my hair, as I found I didn't need to go past 190C to get my hair straight in one pass.

I don't remember damage specifically from it, but my hair was not in great shape at the time

lesedi My hair wasn't naked. I applied leave in conditioner and pressing oil to my hair and let it airdry, then put heat protectant on it before I flat ironed it.

lesedi I use a little smaller than a nickel on each side of my head. I have not tried the new formula, but I love the old formula enough that i will try the new one when I run out. I do not know how much would be enough for shoulder length hair.

Other than the price difference of the ghd 1 inch classic (185.00) and the gold professional 1 inch (225.00)..... Are there any distinguishing results?

Sent from my PC36100 using PC36100

I see that GHD have addressed the temperature control issue, which has always stopped me from buying their straighteners in the past. Their new(ish) flat irons are set at 185º which is fine for me and removes the temptation to want to increase the temp.

I am very impressed with their curling iron, it is evident that their products are very good quality.

I will more than likely pull the trigger on the GHD Platinum but that price...damn!

GHD-Platinum-Hair-Straightener-5-1024x490.jpg

Back