Anyone Here Use Macadamia Natural Deep Repair Masque? Help! Pics Included.

hello_sunshine77

So I have been using this mask for almost a year now it said it was made in 2013. I recently ran out of the first and only bottle I have ever used. I repurchased again and noticed differences in the label and texture and smell. I was wondering if those who have used it before know if it has been reformulated? The ingredients are slightly different. I looked it up and some people are saying beware of fakes though. Pictures included. The one on the left is the new the one on the right is the old ( non-fake or reformulated) dont know which...

Attachments

• IMG_1036[1].JPG
    IMG_1036[1].JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 61
I have the one on the right with the green and brown label. I love it and have had no issues. I've only used it starting late 2015 so not sure if the formula has changed or not. When I've seen the product in stores it has the green and brown label.

Thank you all for replying! I am so scared I got a fake! I love the deep conditioner and it does wonders for my hair. I bought the new one from Amazon.

I have the one on the right with the brown packaging. I only recently started using it, so far I like it.

You said it came from Ama. zon? A lot of people have said they received bootleg haircare stuff from there.

Girl when in doubt, don't.
Actually, bootleg almost everything comes from Amazon. You really have to be careful getting stuff from there. I used to order from there a lot but I stopped after it seemed like many reviewers were paid to give a positive review of products for many vendors using Amazon to sell their products.

Actually, bootleg almost everything comes from Amazon. You really have to be careful getting stuff from there. I used to order from there a lot but I stopped after it seemed like many reviewers were paid to give a positive review of products for many vendors using Amazon to sell their products.
It sounds like Amazon isn't any better than eBay when it comes to authenticity.

Call Amazon with your suspicions. They may give you a refund w/out even making you return it. I wouldn't use it w/out verification from the company. Call the company of the product and inquire about the label change/reformulation...

I agree that it's best not to buy hair products on Amazon. Most of the time, you aren't even actually buying from Amazon, but rather one of their merchants. These products, in my experience, are either bootleg, watered down (saw someone's review about a watered down Shea Moisture shampoo last week), or expired (mostly salon products).

I have and use the one on the right. However, the other day I went to a BSS and saw that they had it in this packaging:

upload_2016-12-10_21-33-56.png

The container on the left has this design, but doesn't say Macadamia Professional, (apparently they are rebranding) so it may not be the real thing.

I agree about not buying certain brands of hair products on Amazon, especially when many of the reviews say that fakes were sent. I've seen those types of reviews on these products, as well as Moroccanoil brand products.

I have and use the one on the right. However, the other day I went to a BSS and saw that they had it in this packaging:

View attachment 381635

The container on the left has this design, but doesn't say Macadamia Professional, (apparently they are rebranding) so it may not be the real thing.

I agree about not buying certain brands of hair products on Amazon, especially when many of the reviews say that fakes were sent. I've seen those types of reviews on these products, as well as Moroccanoil brand products.
Macadamia Natural was rebranded two years ago to this packaging which is Macadamia Professional. I still see the old packaging in certain stores, so I'm guessing these are old expired products. Amazon is notorious for selling fake and expired products. I've gotten fake products from them, and asked for a refund.

Products shipped and sold from Amazon are the only ones guaranteed to be authentic. The ones "fulfilled by Amazon" are hit or miss...kind of purchase at your own risk

Back