Anyone here relaxed and colortreated w/healthy hair??

Lovelylocs

I mean colortreated using demi-permanent or permanent hair color. I am just wondering because I like coloring my hair, but dont want to deal with the dry/yarn like feeling that comes along w/having hair that is both relaxed and color treated. What do u do to achieve such healthy results?

I didn't use a demi-pemenant but a semi-permenant (but I know what you are talking about.) I used it about a year ago. It was a semi-permanent by the name if IBG in Cherrywood. It is a pretty. I say is becasue though I have colored since Dec 2004, it's a semi, and I was my hair practically daily, it is still in there! I am glad I did it then, because though to others it looks highlighted it is a visible reminder of how long my hair has grown since I really started taking good care of my hair.

BTW, I hope to have some pictures soon y'all (I know I'm country and I love it! :grin: ).

Yep, my hair has been relaxed and color treated for the past 3-4 years (relaxed longer than that, but colored for at least that amount of time). The key for me is good conditioning and using a henna permanent hair color. I have used one with peroxide/ammonia, but it made my hair too dry.

Back