Anyone here have thermal reconditioning

I never did it but a friend in college did. She was half black half Korean and her hair was similar to yours. Yes it was bone straight and she never had to use heat but it was always bone straight. Couldn't curl or anything. Plus it's crazy drying so expect breakage if you aren't addicted to moisture and protein.

Because it's so expensive few salons offer it and I imagine many of those stylists aren't experts in it either. Be careful

I never did it but a friend in college did. She was half black half Korean and her hair was similar to yours. Yes it was bone straight and she never had to use heat but it was always bone straight. Couldn't curl or anything. Plus it's crazy drying so expect breakage if you aren't addicted to moisture and protein.

Because it's so expensive few salons offer it and I imagine many of those stylists aren't experts in it either. Be careful

ahh thats my fear, I actually never wear my hair bone straight. I always want it to have some nice curls in it and volume!

I didn't have a thermal reconditioning but to answer your other thread & this one, I had rusk anti-curl for about 5 years and I loved it. It's a thio curl relaxer. It doesn't get the hair bone straight. It took my 3c to a 2c/3a. My hair was wavy rather than curly. I will try to pull up some old pics. With the anti curl I could wear my hair flatironed straight or wear it curly. I would only get it done every 4-6 months. I transitioned in 2009 cause of an incident with hair bleach but I never had an issue with the anti curl. You just have to make sure that once you use thio, you Cannot use a regular relaxer on your hair.

I found a salon through the rusk website & had it done in a salon that was shown as being trained in it.

These are photos from like 2006 & 2007 long before the bleaching mishap. I'm still looking for my curly hair pics. I lost a lot of pics from this timeframe in an iPod incident & my pics weren't backed up correctly. These are just straight hair pics but as you can see my hair was colored & I had the rusk anti-curl/thio relaxer & my hair was in great condition. When flatironed it was resistant to humidity & it was very shiny & healthy. Like I said earlier it was probably a 2c/3a when curly. I would just put some mousse in it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:
Channy31

Look into the design essential amino acid treatment, you can wear your hair curly or straight and its not damaging like BKT. No nasty smell either, there are threads about people getting it done here on the forum.

Channy31

Look into the design essential amino acid treatment, you can wear your hair curly or straight and its not damaging like BKT. No nasty smell either, there are threads about people getting it done here on the forum.

I've had it :) I did a big rave on it haha, so that may have been my post your talking about but with my old username :).

I even have a bottle of the stuff, but I'm scared it caused me a set back so haven't used it much.

Thanks though! I will probably do a follow up post on it soon to let everyone know I feel it caused me a set back.

I've had it :) I did a big rave on it haha, so that may have been my post your talking about but with my old username :).

I even have a bottle of the stuff, but I'm scared it caused me a set back so haven't used it much.

Thanks though! I will probably do a follow up post on it soon to let everyone know I feel it caused me a set back.

Channy31

ORS has a new Strengthening and Straightening therapy that allows 360degree styling from curly to straight last 4-6 weeks. I'm still searching for the ingredients.

Channy31

ORS has a new Strengthening and Straightening therapy that allows 360degree styling from curly to straight last 4-6 weeks. I'm still searching for the ingredients.

I've Emailed someone on the inside that I met last year! Hopefully she will be able to shed some light :D

I had thermal straightening. I did it at home with help from a friend. Everyone is different of course, but for me it was way better on my hair than any normal relaxer I ever had. I had less breakage and no scalp burns. Like any relaxer, I had to keep my hair moisturized. I was able to add curl to my hair. I couldn't do massive amounts of curl, but I could have nice curly styles. I'm natural now, but if I ever go back to permanent straighteners, I will only do thermal straightening.

I had thermal straightening. I did it at home with help from a friend. Everyone is different of course, but for me it was way better on my hair than any normal relaxer I ever had. I had less breakage and no scalp burns. Like any relaxer, I had to keep my hair moisturized. I was able to add curl to my hair. I couldn't do massive amounts of curl, but I could have nice curly styles. I'm natural now, but if I ever go back to permanent straighteners, I will only do thermal straightening.

How exactly did you go about it? Did you wing it or were there instructions?

Back