anyone heard of the MAXIGLIDE flatiron?

gogo

I've seen this product demonstrated on a bootleg home shopping channel (shopathometv dot com?) several times by it's creator, a stylist named Maxius. He also sells haircare products including a leave-in that's supposed to make hair humidity resistant (models with flatironed hair are put into a "steam booth" and the untreated side of their hair poofs like you'd expect while the side with his prodeuct remains "somewhat" straiter. The models are usually white or (bi-racial looking) with wavy, curly or frizzy (never kinky) hair except tonight one of the girls (black) had a head full of beautiful, coily natural hair (4a?) bra-strap at least. The Maxiglide worked beautifully on her hair (supposedly a live show, no camera tricks)...Just curious if anyone has seen the demo or knows anything about these products...don't want to be suckered tonight! (the flatiron is $79.99 & the conditioner was $22 bucks)

I just bought one a few minutes ago. I used the stretch pay. Once I get I I will let you know. If it does work well for me there will be no more hairdressers for me. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

hasn't anyone else seen this advertised? I tried seaching but nothing matched either Maxius or Maxiglide. Any info would be appreciated. I'm absolutely loving my natural,fluffy soft (& getting-healthier-everyday-now-that-I've-found-y'all) hair but I really would like to wear it straightened on occasion & these products sound too good to be true (uh,oh!) Stop me somebody, I'm about to jump on it!!! (a serious pj begging for help here!)

I wish I could help more right now butI see the doing a black girls hair and it looks fantastic.

thanks Lakeeta! Let us know how it works. I've bought so many different hot combs, flatirons, curling wands, etc. over the yrs. & have never been able to get anywhere near salon results. This one actually looks like it's different on so many levels (the optional steam feature, curved edges, ceramic pins, cool-to-touch sides, etc.) Dang-it, I'm ordering too! Guess I can always send it back if it doesn't work like I hope it will! Will report my results wihin mere minutes of receipt!

I saw the Maxiglide segment last week and am very anxious to find out the results on 4a/b hair. There was one black woman on that day, but she had hair that was long and obviously very easy to straighten. I would have loved to see the results on the natural 4a hair. If I understood correctly, this iron has teeth like ceramic coils that glide thru the hair. I am wondering if those coils will snag or break the hair. I am also wondering if the iron gets close enough to the roots to straighten them because it appears to be very large. Please let us know how it works.

I GOT MINE IN THE MAIL AND SO FAR I AM LOVING IT.
I WASH AND AIR DRIED MY HAIR. THEN, USED MY BLOW DRYER WITH COMB ATTACHMENT. FINALLY I JUST GLIDED THE PLATE WITH THE TINY TEETH THRU MY HAIR AND JUST LIKE THE INFOMERCIAL, WAS FINISHED IN NO TIME! I'LL ADD SOME PICS TO MY BOOK TONIGHT.

[ QUOTE ]
I GOT MINE IN THE MAIL AND SO FAR I AM LOVING IT.
I WASH AND AIR DRIED MY HAIR. THEN, USED MY BLOW DRYER WITH COMB ATTACHMENT. FINALLY I JUST GLIDED THE PLATE WITH THE TINY TEETH THRU MY HAIR AND JUST LIKE THE INFOMERCIAL, WAS FINISHED IN NO TIME! I'LL ADD SOME PICS TO MY BOOK TONIGHT.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh my. I got mine this week too but I was goiong to wait until next weekend to use it because I was going to straighten it and refresh my color since we have a 3 say weekend. I cannot wait to use it. No more pressing comb for me you think?????

I haven't seen the infomercials but what makes this flat iron different from any other? And has anyone tried the humidity-resistant conditioner? Does it work?

I have never tried the iron or the products. But I have seen the commercial. Not the one with the natural type 4 model, though... /images/graemlins/scratchchin.gif The iron has little teeth. That's why I didn't think it would work on my natural hair. /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif

32010800b.jpg

UPDATE,

I went ahead and ordered the products. I used them as instructed after washing my hair and didn't even need to blowdry at all. By using the products it allowed for easier gliding and a more polished look. It $25.00, but I'm glad I ordered them. It's alot of product and should last me for years.

thanks sassy... and for everybody else, it also comes with a flat plate (b/c the teeth kinda scare me too).

@ Yogourt - can u please show us the before and after results u achieved after using the flt iron?

i just saw the infomercial for the first time today. it looks like a good product. please let me know before i go buy it.

i've seen the infomercial 3 times today... each time that guy (maker) and the stupid chick (host) talks, i want to blow my top /images/graemlins/mad.gif But back to the product, i'm sold each time i view it. I'm gonna order it on Monday, along with the serum and leave in. I was really impressed with the steam room... and I liked how the red head (doing her hair in the rite hand corner - i told ya'll i saw it 3 times) flipped her hair out, made me start to appreciate my layers. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif I also liked how the iron has groves along the outside to aid in curling the hair...

I'm going to watch the whole thing today. I have only seen bits and pieces of the presentation. I have never seen the black girl.

It comes on today at noon, 3, 8 and 11pm central time. IIRC, my area is one hour ahead... /images/graemlins/scratchchin.gif

ETA:
Eh. /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif I don't think this thing would work on my hair any better than a regular flat iron. The first black girl had type 2/3 hair. The little girl looked like her 4-ish hair had been blow dried first. It's probably great for loosely curled, relaxed and texturized hair, though. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hi, all...I finally used my Maxiglide last weekend (trying hard NOT to use any heat since finding the board late this summer). I got pretty good results considering I've never used a flat iron before! (I'm oldschool as in "Kentucky maid" pressin'comb?) It seemed kinda heavy, my arm got a little tired. I couldn't get really close to my scalp but that may be my underdeveloped skills. I loved the "cool" outside edges (no chance of burning half my face off!)and the ability to flip the ends (that featured worked really well on my baby fine 3c/something hair and made it possible to get a little "style" without having to hotcurl after flatironing. I hope to get better at straightening over time & I'm glad I bought the Maxiglide. /images/graemlins/weird.gif However, the jury is still out on the 2 products (anti-frizz heat protectant & shine serum) Couldn't really judge if they did what the infomercial promised as my hair reverted as quickly as it usually does (but it was rainy last weekend) will try them again to tell.

I love that hair style on her. My oldest niece wore her hair to her homecoming dance like this.
[ QUOTE ]
DangerouslyShy said:
posterBlackGirl4x6-500.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

Well i got mine today after having it out with FedEx (but that's another story LOL). I'm going to use this 2nite on my daughter's hair. If her's comes out good, I'll try it on mine. If i can, i will post pics sometime this wkend.

I can't way to hear your update CH. I had seen that infomercial a ton of times and my curiousity was definitely piqued.

candycane

Back