anyone heard of the MAXIGLIDE flatiron?

I ordered mine last Saturday and I can't wait to try it. I'll let you know how I like it. I used the four payments of $19.99

Okay ya'll... i used it on my daughter's hair...and yes, i took pics... unfortunately, i didn't send them to myself at work so i will do that 2morrow. i will say that it came out very nice... NOT as nice as it does on tv... but nice enuf. I couldn't really get into it b/c she was tired of me doing it :D but other than her complaining, she REALLY LOVED the results. The only reason y she let me do it was because she saw the pic of the black lady on the box and said 'i want my hair like that mommy' so i was like 'sure baby, let momma use this little contraption on it" and the rest was history. LOL

** i should add that after a day of 2 parties, it fluffed up like a cotton ball :D :D :D **

Also, i didn't use the conditioner OR the serum (didn't receive it) but i WAS able to wrap her hair in the doobie after flat ironing, pins and all. She looked 2 cute.

The comb thingee that comes with it is not scary at all, while some hair was stuck in the comb, it was in no way alot. I do know next time to use a smaller tooth comb and make the sections smaller. I can't think of anything else, just look out for the pics 2morrow.

CaramelHonee said:
thanks sassy... and for everybody else, it also comes with a flat plate (b/c the teeth kinda scare me too).

@ Yogourt - can u please show us the before and after results u achieved after using the flt iron?

with the flat plate, wouldn't it be just like any other ceramic flat iron? the teeth also scares me...

Good point keen :D :D :D
But i like the steam aspect of it, locking the moisture in ur hair really gives it sheen/shine. I have this hot brush thingee that releases steam and my hair always looks good whenever i use it. :)

I luv the maxi glide, but I've never used it on wet hair like it was suggested on tv. Has anyone here tried flat ironing with steam on wet hair?

TIA!

You're not suppose to flat iron your hair wet cause that leads to alot of damage :nono:

I remeber reading at one point that flat ironing hair when it wets can expand the molecules in the strand, cause them to explode and you end up with holes in the strand.

I'm gonna try to find that article again cause, it scared the crap out of me, but I swear that's what it said

I am really on a kick with the posting. I already posted on a previous thread about flat irons but here it goes again. This flat iron is AMAZING!!! I have natural hair that is almost if not brastrap length and I am able to get my straight, enough said.

I have not bought the products yet b/c a sister is on a budget, but this is the best money that I have ever spent and I do not regret my purchase one bit.

All I can say is that I have never been able to get my hair straight (since being natural) unless I had professionally pressed with a hot comb. I was really re-thinking about relaxing my hair again (after almost 3 years), but this tool has allowed me to experience straight hair while still being natural. HEL-LOOW!!

Thanks for the tip about the "air dried hair" and the flat iron. I know I heard him say wet hair on a different shows a few months ago, but it didn't make any sense to flat iron wet hair ---> MEGA DAMAGE!

Thanks . . .

CaramelHonee said:
Good point keen :D :D :D
But i like the steam aspect of it, locking the moisture in ur hair really gives it sheen/shine. I have this hot brush thingee that releases steam and my hair always looks good whenever i use it. :)

Why you had to mention the steam? Now you are reminding me why I wanted one... :) I was doing a good job talking myself out of getting one. Now I have to start from scratch...

I bought one today. I bought it on stretch pay. I can't wait to get it. My jilbere is on it's last leg. I hope this one holds up to once a week usage.

I'm getting mine next week! I gotta try it! I am getting my hair texturized next week and when I get it styled I want my stylist to straighten my hair with this instead of those stove iron thingies. THe last stylist I went used those stove irons in my hair and it burnt out a complete section in the back. I'm a little hesitant about applying heat in my hair after a whole year and a half without, but with the reviews I am hearing I am confident that it may workout for me!

I didn't know this thread was made until now. I saw this same program. Shop at home since thursday. It's on again now!!. Do you think this sold in local stores like Sally Beauty, walmart , Target, ECT. I don't know if could order this online.

Merry CHristmas!!

it's not available in stores yet, just online. I'm gonna get the maxi and miniglide. The mini doesn't have the steam, but that's ok. My hair is short, and the mini is supposed to be able to curl, flip, etc. so it will do until my hair gets longer. :grin: I will love this when the time comes for me to get it!

Back