ANYONE HAVING DEEP CONDITIONING ISSUES

Nanyanika

I am!!
I currently pre poo with AO Honeysuckle rose conditioner mixed with Dabur amla oil and sometimes coconut oil. Upon rinsing my hair is really soft and moisturised, then i do a light poo with CON, the green label one. Lastly i apply a deep conditioiner like Elasta DRC with heat for 25 minutes and my hair turns out hard with no softness or slip, i've tried other deep conditioners and my hair still doesn't feel right. has anyone got any other suggestions? Should i just pre-poo and that's it?

gradygirl said:
My hair does not respond well to certain conditioners. You may have builup and may need to clarify.
I was thinking that too, what's the best clarifier to use?

den1 said:
I am!!
I currently pre poo with AO Honeysuckle rose conditioner mixed with Dabur amla oil and sometimes coconut oil. Upon rinsing my hair is really soft and moisturised, then i do a light poo with CON, the green label one. Lastly i apply a deep conditioiner like Elasta DRC with heat for 25 minutes and my hair turns out hard with no softness or slip, i've tried other deep conditioners and my hair still doesn't feel right. has anyone got any other suggestions? Should i just pre-poo and that's it?

Hey Den1,

I have that problem with some of my deep conditioners. I have to use a cream rinse conditioner for slip sometimes. I like NTM daily Depp Conditioner (do you have that in the UK) or the Shea butter Lustrasilk one. When I want a treat I use my Victoria's Secret So Sexy nourishing conditioner. CON works for me too.

But, yeah, I have this problem, too.

gradygirl said:
I do an ACV rinse
Apple Cider Vinegar (1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon)
Distilled water (1/2 gallon)
Oh i tried the ACV when natural and it dried out my hair, i'm not sure whether i diluted first though.

HoneyDew said:
Hey Den1,

I have that problem with some of my deep conditioners. I have to use a cream rinse conditioner for slip sometimes. I like NTM daily Depp Conditioner (do you have that in the UK) or the Shea butter Lustrasilk one. When I want a treat I use my Victoria's Secret So Sexy nourishing conditioner. CON works for me too.

But, yeah, I have this problem, too.
I'm glad i'm not alone, we don't have NTM in the UK, i think there is the shea butter lustrasilk over here though, i heard CON is good however they don't sell these in London. thanks for responding.

Hey Den
I dont have the problem that you describe as such but i do get that from certain regular conditioning sessions. My question is why are you deep conditioning if your hair already feels great and soft? I deep condition when i need to (never with heat - personal choice) not becuase ppl recommend i do so.
Or maybe its the heat I'm sure not all conditioners are better with heat, try without just stick a shower cap on and leave for a few minutes while washing your body etc and then rinse it off. Seems to me your hair is in great condition usually so maybe that extra heat and deep Cond is too much for your hair.

Sorry I cant be of more help chick

I was thinking the same thing as GradyGirl.

I think you need a very gently clarifier such as Aveda Detoxifying or Kenra Clarifying.

RachiQue said:
Hey Den
I dont have the problem that you describe as such but i do get that from certain regular conditioning sessions. My question is why are you deep conditioning if your hair already feels great and soft? I deep condition when i need to (never with heat - personal choice) not becuase ppl recommend i do so.
Or maybe its the heat I'm sure not all conditioners are better with heat, try without just stick a shower cap on and leave for a few minutes while washing your body etc and then rinse it off. Seems to me your hair is in great condition usually so maybe that extra heat and deep Cond is too much for your hair.

Sorry I cant be of more help chick
That is why i asked the question should i just pre-poo instead without a deep conditioner. i belived that it was imoprtant to deep condition as my hair is chemically relaxed, and needs a penetrative treatment to keep it stronger and more elastic. I don't go solely on other people recommendations, my regimen is unique to my hair's needs. Thanks for your help.

MizaniMami said:
I was thinking the same thing as GradyGirl.

I think you need a very gently clarifier such as Aveda Detoxifying or Kenra Clarifying.
Mmm maybe because i haven't clarified since i relaxed on April 1st, i just used my nioxin scalp cleanser two days after the relaxer, could i use this clarify, or would it be too gentle.

Does the DRChave protein in it? if so maybe it's just a bit too much and you need to add some honey and oils to it to soften it up. If that doesn't work after the ACV rinse, maybe you should use something else for you DC and alternate w/the DRC as a DC treatment.

BeautifulWideEyes said:
Does the DRChave protein in it? if so maybe it's just a bit too much and you need to add some honey and oils to it to soften it up. If that doesn't work after the ACV rinse, maybe you should use something else for you DC and alternate w/the DRC as a DC treatment.
I don't think the DRC contains any protein, at my next wash i will clarify first then deep condition without heat as Rachique recommended, and i'll add oils and honey as you mentioned. thanks for all your help ladies

den1 said:
That is why i asked the question should i just pre-poo instead without a deep conditioner. i belived that it was imoprtant to deep condition as my hair is chemically relaxed, and needs a penetrative treatment to keep it stronger and more elastic. I don't go solely on other people recommendations, my regimen is unique to my hair's needs. Thanks for your help.

sorry chick i meant me...i dont always go by what ppl recommend, whatever you do for your hair works for you cuz its beautiful

RachiQue said:
sorry chick i meant me...i dont always go by what ppl recommend, whatever you do for your hair works for you cuz its beautiful
Thanks for the compliment Rachique, i'm blushing now. i'm gonna try deep conditioning without heat

Back