anyone have natural BUN pics?

My lil' bitty bun can't wait to grow up and be a big girl bun like some of you ladies are sporting. I'm loving this thread.

11-vi.jpg

13-vi.jpg

This is absolutely beautiful! I have a relaxer, so I don't count for this thread...but DD is natural and I actually did her first braided bun this morning. It's in my Fotki under DD's hair.

You guys are making me want to transition...I'm 20 something weeks post (last relaxer August 2008)...

Great thread!

cj

I'm a transitioner and I have wet bun pics in my Fotki.

But I must say my hair is smoothed out and tied down when I do it. I've been transitioning for 14 months.

You guys have some really pretty buns. I feel like I have to hold a peace conference with all the heads of state to get my hair to even think it wants to go into a bun. I admire you natural and seriously thick haird ladies who can get your hair to do this.

I feel like I would need to have 3 different styling creams, gels and sprays just to get it to lay down and then to have the backend turn into a bun shape of some type?!?!?

I haven't gotten the guts mustered up yet to attempt this but you all give me hope!

You guys have some really pretty buns. I feel like I have to hold a peace conference with all the heads of state to get my hair to even think it wants to go into a bun. I admire you natural and seriously thick haird ladies who can get your hair to do this.

I feel like I would need to have 3 different styling creams, gels and sprays just to get it to lay down and then to have the backend turn into a bun shape of some type?!?!?

I haven't gotten the guts mustered up yet to attempt this but you all give me hope!

My hair is now where near as lusciously thick as yours but I can't do a bun either. I try and I try but it's just not happening.

I guess these are buns....I just kinda threw it up there and clipped it.:grin:

bigbun.jpg
<-----I wish I had took a side view off this one, it was massive!

Curlybun-vi.jpg

How long does your natural hair have to be before you can do a bun?

As long as you can get it pulled back you can bun. If you want you can cover it with a scrunchie or phony pony. You just want to be careful to not have it pulled back to tight. I have alot of success with putting avg or conditioner and where a scarf for a little while to get my edges to lay down. Im just not sure what to hold it with. Are the ouchless bands ok to where daily?

How long does your natural hair have to be before you can do a bun?

I did my first one maybe a month or so after I bced. I just added a phony bun. You just have to have enough hair in the middle to pull it back. The shorter pieces can be slicked down if you put product on wet hair.

I did my first unassisted bun yesterday on blowdried hair - not using a donut ring, just twirling the hair around on itself and secured with a satin scrunchie and I was so pleasantly surprised, I just felt the need to share:

I did my first unassisted bun yesterday on blowdried hair - not using a donut ring, just twirling the hair around on itself and secured with a satin scrunchie and I was so pleasantly surprised, I just felt the need to share:

This is a very nice bun indeed:yep:

wow i forgot all about this thread! i did some fun buns earlier in the spring, trying out new stuff... y'all ready? :look:

Attachments

• twisty2.jpg
    twisty2.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 142
  • braidoutbun.jpg
    braidoutbun.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 157
  • puffbun.jpg
    puffbun.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 175
  • frenchtuckbun.jpg
    frenchtuckbun.jpg