anyone have natural BUN pics?

MY EVERYDAY BUN ...not anymore however because im in braids right now....please disregard the last pose :) pics goes from oldest to newest

Attachments

• sa1.jpg
    sa1.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 209
  • sa2.jpg
    sa2.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 216
  • satri.jpg
    satri.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 369
great buns! this is one of my favourite hair threads ;) .i wish i could do one (even a small one!) but i think my hair is too thick and still too short.

^^ Girl trust me your hair is long enough to put in a bun. You might have to do a wet bun that's what I have to do to get mine looking right. If I try it dry its looking a thick puffy HAM. I don't know how to post pics but there is a picture of my bun in my 1 year natural album

Last edited:
^^ Girl trust me your hair is long enough to put in a bun. You might have to do a wet bun that's what I have to do to get mine looking right. If I try it dry its looking a thick puffy HAM. I don't know how to post pics but there is a picture of my bun in my 1 year natural album
that is a really cute bun...and your hair color rocks. one more good thing about being natural, i can color without having to worry about double-processing!

thanks for the info :). your bun pic was very useful to see. i will try the wet bun today; fingers crossed my hair won't look like a h.a.m lol.

eta: i tried but just like i thought, my hair is much, much too short and too thick. i can't even get it into a traditional puff so i really should have known :ohwell:. i look forward to creating these pretty buns in the next 1.5-2 yrs.

Last edited:
I just came in to say there is some beautiful natural hair in this thread! You all have such healthy, beautiful hair! I miss my natural texture :cry3:...

naturalbun-th.jpg

Here is a picture of the bun I wear to work most days.

ETA:

Well, I haven't been in this thread in a long time. But I saw it'd been bumped up so I figured I'd add an updated bun pic.

It's not the same style as the first pic. This new one is just tucked under (instead of being wrapped around).

DSC00282-vi.jpg

Last edited:
ahh...i just DC'd and co-rinsed and for my bun i am TRYING to lay it down with just this scarf. we will see how (un)successful i am in the morning. good to know everyone isn't brushaphobic...lol

One of my daily buns is in my avi. I'm definitely not a brushaphobic, I go after those edges...lets hope I'm not bald at my next length check :blush:

thanks for the info :). your bun pic was very useful to see. i will try the wet bun today; fingers crossed my hair won't look like a h.a.m lol.

eta: i tried but just like i thought, my hair is much, much too short and too thick. i can't even get it into a traditional puff so i really should have known :ohwell:. i look forward to creating these pretty buns in the next 1.5-2 yrs.

Aww I'm sorry your hair is a couple inches longer than mine I just assumed that made it long enough to put in a bun.:nono: Maybe it'll just take a bit of practice rather than years.

Yeah, that's my same issue. If I brush it HARD, wet, and pull it back, I can make a small bun, but my hairline is screaming once it dries - I'm giving myself another 9-12 months before I try bunning again, I think.

Aww I'm sorry your hair is a couple inches longer than mine I just assumed that made it long enough to put in a bun.:nono: Maybe it'll just take a bit of practice rather than years.

i tried several different ways but still nothing :sad:. when i saw your fotki, i thought i could do i since my hair is a only about 2-3" above apl but i'm quite short so that's only 6-7" of hair :look:. i'm grateful for the info you gave me and this thread regardless though :)

Yeah, that's my same issue. If I brush it HARD, wet, and pull it back, I can make a small bun, but my hairline is screaming once it dries - I'm giving myself another 9-12 months before I try bunning again, I think.

sounds like what i have to do to get a h.a.m-looking traditional puff so i feel your (hair-line) pain :lol:. thick hair has it's cons sometimes.

Last edited:
great buns! this is one of my favourite hair threads ;) .i wish i could do one (even a small one!) but i think my hair is too thick and still too short.

Judging by your siggy it definitely looks as if you'd be able to do one :yep:
ETA: Do you try it on wet or dry hair? I know we're not the same length but I've been wearing a bun forever...and I always do mine on wet hair that's freshly detangled---and I do it in the shower---literally. Right after it's been detangled and full of conditioner, I brush it back into a bun while letting the weight of the water running from the shower help me to brush/stretch it all into a bun.

The process is listed in my regimen in my fotki:

http://public.fotki.com/shortiedowop/hair_album/that_was_then/my-regimen/

Last edited:
here's mine...

Your hair is alot like mine:yep:

Thanks but girl IDK about this straight hair. :nono: I haven't worn my own hair straight on a regular basis (longer than a week at a time) since I was in high school. I don't even know what to do with it. It's just up there.

For ladies who bun on straight hair do you add any product to your hair when you pull it back? Especially on the edges? I don't have a problem with my edges when my hair is in it's natural state bc they blend in. But with it being straight my edges can look nappy in comparision to my straight hair. I don't want to put gel on it bc I don't want my hair to revert. I was thinking maybe some type of pomade?

When I do, I use Mango butter and a little olive oil...that's it!

How do you get the wave definition in your hair when you make a bun? What products are you using? Please give me a step by step guide.

I always wet bun in the morning when I'm wearing my real hair. Sometimes I leave a little conditioner in my hair, and brush my hair into a ponytail and pin it up in a bun. If I'm trying to wear it for a few days, then I'll add a little IC aloe vera gel. I think if your hair is naturally like that, you don't have to use products to get it like that. idk

Here is my staple bun I wore during my transition--I transitioned for a year. It has a middle part, and then I twist my hair thats hanging from the ponytail and then pin it under.

2agp0na.jpg

LOVE these....What kind of hair are you using?

Thanks... They're both different. The first one is a piece of spiral curl bss hair. I think it was water wave. It was from the weave I had in Miami. The second is an old piece of Goddess Remy french wave brushed out/teased and then wrapped with an ouchless headband twice and stuck with 2 giant bobby pins. I made it messy on purpose so it wouldn't look phony. I just keep scraps and use them later on as needed. My buns never look the same.

Last edited:
Back