Anyone have a Non-Traditional Wedding?

nikkivale

I'm not planning a wedding or anything, i'm just curious
Like at a beach,travel overseas, Vegas, justice of peace, a unique wedding theme etc....?
Why?
Do you regret it, or was it a wonderful experience?

Courthouse bride here.
Our wedding was very intimate with just family. My mother passed away two months after the ceremony so I'm very glad that we did it the way we did.

I didn't have a non-traditional wedding but, if I were to do all over again I would have one. Something smaller and more intimate and fun. I was too stressed the first time:ohwell:.

Not married yet. However, if my SO and I decided to marry, I KNOW it will be non-traditional. We would probably go to Vegas or just get married at city hall with a judge. He is not religious and told me if we married, he did not want a religious ceremony. Then we would have a party or something to celebrate with friends and family. It would be a compromise for me since I do practice a religion, but it's not a "deal breaker."

Weddings are really expensive (even if done cheaply) and I would rather save our money for something else. I'd still would wear a "killer" wedding gown of some kind though! My SO is strictly a "jeans and t-shirt" kind of guy and getting him to wear a suit would be a huge struggle. I'd tell him he'd at least need to wear a white tunic or something with his jeans! :yep: (Our wedding would look a lot like the wedding Sanaa Lathan and Simon Baker had in the movie, "Something New.")

I know, he sounds weird, but I LOVE my man! He's really a great guy; kind, compassionate and very cool! He's not perfect, but he's perfect for me! - I eventually get my way with him anyway... :yep:
:lachen:

Last edited:
Back