anyone had problems with the Lacefront

PretteePlease

#fakeworkouts
I want to know the downsides before i invest in one. the hisandher.com is looking good but i want the silkier of the two. does anyone know which is better?

1.have you had shedding
2. has your lace torn
3. what glue is the best
4. has your "hairline" gone bald
5. has your real hairline gone bald
6. can you put it up in a ponytail???help a sista out

1.have you had shedding
Of the wig? or ur real hair? NO on the real hair. Yes on the wig but not outrageous. And I think some of my shedding came from rough treatment. I bleached the wig for highlights and wore it to the beach, in the sauna/steam room. So it went thru quite a bit of treatment while I had it on.

2. has your lace torn
Yes the lace will tear if u are not careful w/removal. Mine tore a little but not enough for anyone to notice.

3. what glue is the best
I used a combo of the Tight grip glue and the tape. The tape is much easier to work w/than the glue and more gentle on the lace but it doesnt look quite as real IMO which why I did the combo. I put glue RIGHT where i planned to wear the part and tape on the rest.

4. has your "hairline" gone bald
Yes somewhat. But if I had used the tape instead of the glue to begin w/then the hairline would have lasted much longer. The glue removal is what causes the hairline to come out.

5. has your real hairline gone bald
NO .:lachen: But I never put any glue or tape on my actual hair. I put it right in front of where my real hairline stopped.

6. can you put it up in a ponytail???help a sista out
You can put in a really low pony. Same restrictions as a regular wig as far as this one goes. I have a pic in my fotki of the wig in a low pony.

For me it was definitely worth the investment. It was $209 and I wore it errryday for a lil over 2 months! I would have kept it on long but it started getting too hot and my forehead need some air :lol::lol::lol: I purchased a second one and plan to where it once the winter season comes back. From what Ive seen I would say the natural perm one is better than the silky one but I havent personally had both. The natural perm is an exact match for AA relaxed hair texture..:D

Last edited:
I still have problems with the glue...i always have to "touch up" the glue during the middle of the day...I dont know the proper way of applying it.

Back