Anyone ever have a HAIRCUT from DevaChan?

@Solitude @theNaturalWonders

I just had a bad feeling. When I got there and the lady saw my hair she seemed a little apprehensive. I asked her if she had done kinky curly hair before and she said yes but in a limited way. She is an approved devachan stylist so I was surprised that she hadn't cut more "corkscrew" curls. I just couldn't do it. I couldn't risk 2 years of hard work flushing down the drain. So, I hopped out of the chair.

i understand completely...with more time and research you will find the right one

Okay here's my attempt to attach pics.

It was the end of the day so it doesn't look as cute as it did this morning :lol: We'll just pretend the humidity didn't get to it LOL.

Anyways it's the first time I've had a cut that helped my hair to hang :yep: My hair is still soft. I did retwists in small twists last night using argan oil and Curls Goddess Girls gel. Just wanted to see how that combo works. But normally I'm applying a thick moisturizer again at this point (it's been 4 days since the wash).

ETA: Ignore the random guy sitting in the background...

Attachments

• haircut1.jpg
    haircut1.jpg
    493 KB · Views: 181
Last edited:
Okay here's my attempt to attach pics.

It was the end of the day so it doesn't look as cute as it did this morning :lol: We'll just pretend the humidity didn't get to it LOL.

Anyways it's the first time I've had a cut that helped my hair to hang :yep: My hair is still soft. I did retwists in small twists last night using argan oil and Curls Goddess Girls gel. Just wanted to see how that combo works. But normally I'm applying a thick moisturizer again at this point (it's been 4 days since the wash).

ETA: Ignore the random guy sitting in the background...

I like it! Looks great! :)

Figured I would bump this thread up because I'm reporting to you LIVE from Devachan. They give you iPads to play around with while you're under the dryer. I love this place! :lol:

Figured I would bump this thread up because I'm reporting to you LIVE from Devachan. They give you iPads to play around with while you're under the dryer. I love this place! :lol:

thats so cool!!!:yep: you better post pics after!.... none of this my dog ate my camera crap *side eye*:lol:

I'm a big dummy for not thinking to take pictures when I left the salon or even when I got to my bf's house. :ohwell: I took these at 2:00 AM after I checked LHCF on the taxi ride home and saw demands for pics. :lol:

I'm sorry that all I have are these crappy iphone 3gs shots in bad lighting with my hair frizzy and shrunken after hanging out with my boyfriend all night and taking a two hour nap in his bed. I promise that my hair looked so defined and elongated even after walking around in 25-30 MPH wind gusts we had yesterday (NYC/NJ people know what I'm talking about).

My stylist was Keith and I informed him I just wanted a trim since I felt like my hair growth was at a standstill and I knew I had lots of frayed/split ends. I told him that I hadn't had it trimmed since September 2010 (shame on me). We chatted a bit about products and my routine. He was just itching to ask about my ethnicity, and I love messing around with people who are curious about. :grin:

He asked how I got my shape and I thought that was a very interesting observation. I told him that I often wondered why my hair looked "stacked" when I've never had layers cut into it. He asked how often I pulled my hair back and I'm sure the face I made was classic. I was like, "Ummm...pretty much every day...?" So he stated that it looked like my hair was breaking in the middle (where I bun it) and that's probably why my hair is shorter in that area. His suggestion was that I don't bun it as often to avoid tension and eventual breakage because my hair texture is fine.

I then went to Lidia (who was AWESOME as well) for a wash and condition session. She used No Poo to cleanse and then finger combed a mix of One Condition and Heaven in Hair to condition and style. I then went back to the stylist chair where Keith had me flip my head upside down. He then squished and scrunched my conditioner-soaked hair with Set-Up And Above. When I flipped my head right-side up, he added some clips to my crown to add height and volume. Then I sat under the hooded dryer with my complimentary iPad and some of that delicious ice tea Devachan is famous for. Lidia then came back to diffuse the back of my hair for about 5 minutes, and Keith came by to remove the clips and finish the style.

I was amazed by how good my hair looked with NO GEL. I also couldn't believe how soft and non-producty it felt considering all the conditioner left in. My curls just looked and felt naturally clumpy. I asked Keith how often I should trim and he recommended every 6 months, so I'll definitely be going back in April. I'm very interested to see how my hair grows out without wearing it in a bun 7 days a week. I promise I'll be back with better pictures then!

Attachments

• devaone.jpg
    devaone.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 137
  • devatwo.jpg
    devatwo.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 135
Okay I'm getting another trim on Saturday. I will have the stylist take some decent before and after pics. Posting here so I have to do it (take pics that is)!

I'm just getting a cut on clean, dry hair. So I won't do the whole wash and style routine after the cut this time.

I had one about 2 years ago. I loved the cut and the service. I got there ten minutes before my scheduled time and was greeted at the front desk. Some one came put away my coat for me and gave me a glass of iced tea.

At my appointment time, my stylist came and took me over to her station and we had a consultation about what I wanted.

She didn't cut off too much and she gave me a shape looked great fresh and that grew out gracefully.

Everybody loved the cut. My Mom liked it so much she went a couple of months later to get her hair cut for her 60th birthday party. Her hair came out great too.

It's not cheap, because of the great service and the way they respected my time it was worth every penny.:trophy:

Alright I'm back with pics. Hope they attached okay.

My last time was in August with the same stylist.

First pic -- before
Second pic -- after (same day as cut)
Third pic -- after (few days after cut)

My ends definitely need a trim. They look much better. Also, most of my old color is gone (finally!). She said it should be gone completely by my next trim. She didn't want to trim it all off and take away my length.

The appt went super fast! I was done in two hours. She did the normal cut then finished with some diagonal cutting all over (hard to explain). It's supposed to help the ends separate and show the curl more. She left in the conditioner and use it to elongate and set my curls before getting under the dryer. She also said she diluted condish to use as more of a styler in the front. Last time she twisted my hair and it took a long time to do the twists then wait for them to dry. After the dryer, she separated and lifted curls for volume, and diffused to help dry the back that was still slightly damp. She finished by spraying a Phyto shine spray on my hair.

The style did not have as much body as when I stretch my hair. But the curls did stay elongated (I assumed it'd shrink back up as it dried). However I had so many flakes in my hair later that day! It was crazy. I'll have her use a different product or a moisturizer underneath in the future. I finger combed a lot to get rid of the flakes then used Qhemet AHTB to twist and moisturize my hair.

Last pic is my hair stretching out finally. It should be back to normal after I wash and set it in twists as I normally do.

Attachments

• 100_0922.jpg
    100_0922.jpg
    225.5 KB · Views: 120
  • 100_0926.jpg
    100_0926.jpg
    211.1 KB · Views: 102
  • 100_0929.jpg
    100_0929.jpg
    210.6 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:
Oh in the first pic (before), my hair is curlier because I twisted it and rolled the ends. Good tip for working with crappy ends lol. Mine won't curl at all when it's time for a trim.

Also, she said my hair is healthy and had grown a lot. :grin: Good to hear. I meant to see her more often to keep up my trims but it is pricey. So I may only see her 3x/year or so.

i just had my first Devachan cut yesterday with the wonderful Ana-Paula (Ana)! i LOVED it!! i've found my new salon. after years of scissor happy stylists who insist that you're not properly caring for your hair because you conditioner wash and protective style (instead of coming in for deep treatments and straightening every 2 weeks and "trims" every 8 weeks) - Devachan was a breath of fresh air! I've never walked out of a salon with my hair looking so good in its natural state! i felt beautiful, my curls were springy, they took their time with me and explained every step. it was absolutely wonderful! i can't wait to go back! (but they told me don't even think about coming back in for 6 months and don't put scissors to my hair for that long either. and that's just fine with me! - that's the normal interval that i cut at anyway!)

[USER=8005 said:
wyldcurlz[/USER];16143859]i just had my first Devachan cut yesterday with the wonderful Ana-Paula (Ana)! i LOVED it!! i've found my new salon. after years of scissor happy stylists who insist that you're not properly caring for your hair because you conditioner wash and protective style (instead of coming in for deep treatments and straightening every 2 weeks and "trims" every 8 weeks) - Devachan was a breath of fresh air! I've never walked out of a salon with my hair looking so good in its natural state! i felt beautiful, my curls were springy, they took their time with me and explained every step. it was absolutely wonderful! i can't wait to go back! (but they told me don't even think about coming back in for 6 months and don't put scissors to my hair for that long either. and that's just fine with me! - that's the normal interval that i cut at anyway!)

Please share a picture.

I got my haircut day before yesterday. the cut is beautiful. jackie was wonderful. she trimmed my ends and framed my hair around my face.

this is my home salon and every time I go, my experience is better and better.

I had a devacut 3 weeks ago, I live in the Uk, and the whole experience was great, the stylist knew what he was doing, the real test came when he had to wash my hair, and oh boy, he did a better job than me at finger detangling. He used Devacurl no poo, devacurl DC, devacurl archangel gel (i really loved the products), anyway here a two pic, a wash and go and a twist out.
I have 4a/3c curls

Attachments

• wash and go.JPG
    wash and go.JPG
    93.5 KB · Views: 55
  • twist out.JPG
    twist out.JPG
    92.1 KB · Views: 53
Back