Anyone ever attended Beauty/Cosmetology School???

Ginsana

I am very interested in attending Cosmetology School just to gain more knowledge and experience for myself in doing hair. Before I look in to attending, 'd like to hear about the experience first from those who have actually attended or are currently attending. What is it like? How long does it take to complete? Did you enjoy it? And was it expensive?

Thanks /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Ginsana, there are a few ladies here who are currently attending or at least they were a few months ago, who could probably answer your questions. I can't remember their names offhand though. Ladies, where are you?

I took cosmetoloty in High School and got licensed. I never practiced though. My license became inactive because I change addressed and never forwared them my new address to remind me to renew my license. I never wanted to do hair anyway. I just wanted to save my family some money. I have 3 sisters and a mother. That's a lot of money to spend at beauty salons.

I'm taking Cosmetology now, I just finished my first quarter not too long ago. I'll be in it for 2 years which is standard if I'm not mistaken. I can't remember exactly how many hours you have to complete, but I believe it's about 1500 unless you do your work as an apprentice then its 3000.. or at least that's how it is in Georgia. It's nice, you have to learn about Anatomy, Bacteria, Eletricity and things like that first. The workbooks to Milady (the cos book) get huge as you move through the chapters so be prepared for a lot of work. It's not really hard though. I like it. It's not expensive for me because I'm on a Hope Grant.

wow...thank you so much for taking time to answer my question! At least I know a little bit about what I am in for when I sign up.

Back