Anyone dye their hair with manic panic hair dye?

H0tPinkButtafly

I'm thinking about purple and pink. Not too bright. I want to know did the color fade after a while? I think its a rinse. Did it get on ur clothes? I never dyed my hair before, only streaks years ago. Anyway I want to know experiences with this dye

I used it in the past & the color was vibrant, but it bled all over everything until it faded completely. Any bit of moisture within a foot of my head had it running. Be prepared to stain your sink, tub, tiles, pillowcases, blankets, towels, etc., if you use manic panic.

IMO, I would never use it all over my head again, but I may consider a streak or two because the color payoff was amazing without any bleaching. The major downsides are the messy application & the fact that it bleeds no matter what you do.

I used it in the past & the color was vibrant, but it bled all over everything until it faded completely. Any bit of moisture within a foot of my head had it running. Be prepared to stain your sink, tub, tiles, pillowcases, blankets, towels, etc., if you use manic panic.

IMO, I would never use it all over my head again, but I may consider a streak or two because the color payoff was amazing without any bleaching. The major downsides are the messy application & the fact that it bleeds no matter what you do.

Did it get on ur clothes when ur hair was dry?

I'm thinking about purple and pink. Not too bright. I want to know did the color fade after a while? I think its a rinse. Did it get on ur clothes? I never dyed my hair before, only streaks years ago. Anyway I want to know experiences with this dye

Is this like a demi or semi permanent color or just the shampoo out type?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using LHCF, so please be so kind as to ignore any typos that may slip through. ;-)

I have a love/hate relationship with this dye. I love the color payoff. Super bright. I hate that it stains EVERYTHING. My feet were pink for a week after using it. lol I think it depends on color and how much you use too.

The purple, blues, and greens don't run as much. The reds and pinks:nono:.
Here are some threads with my many different colored hair.

red and green

pink and green
Red

Vampire red

That stuff bleeds and bleeds for no reason.

The vampire isn't me, but mine did come out just like that. It's pretty vibrant, but the WORSE when it comes to running and staining. It's one of the reasons I just don't use rinses anymore. :perplexed

I really want to try these. I've been eyeing Electric Lizard Green and Bad Boy Blue for a while. I'm gonna wait until my hair is a little longer then do streaks with those colors without bleaching first. I hope it turns out visible enough without doing that.

Not yet, I am thinking of getting the purple or rose shades even that teal color. I'll be putting them on my twists, don't know if it will take.:ohwell:

I didn't anything permanent but 2 days?!

After I did it
scquck.jpg

and it was gone within a few days after. I don't shampoo often but I do cowash but to think conditioner would fade it so easily was lame.

I have. I use Beyond The Zone now because it stains my tub less & costs less. The results are usually the same. I apply it to dry, product-free, clean hair.

Here is my hair after using Beyond The Zone Crimson Storm & Wild Red:

result2.jpg

It's the same color I get using Vampire Red from Manic Panic.

Here is my hair after the color has "faded" a few months later:

And after a touch up:

My color lasts a long time (months on top of months :look:) and I think that's because I put it on while my hair is dry and not damp. I also leave it on overnight.

It bleeds when you wash or if your hair gets wet but it isn't terrible.

I have. I use Beyond The Zone now because it stains my tub less & costs less. The results are usually the same. I apply it to dry, product-free, clean hair.

result2.jpg

And after a touch up:

My color lasts a long time (months on top of months :look:) and I think that's because I put it on while my hair is dry and not damp. I also leave it on overnight.

Girrrrrrrrrrrrl. Your hair is beautiful. UGHH. I was about to dye my hair black tomorrow.......

Girrrrrrrrrrrrl. Your hair is beautiful. UGHH. I was about to dye my hair black tomorrow.......

LOL actually my hair is black right now. I colored it about 2 months ago. I wear it black in winter and when it fades out around Spring, I do the Beyond The Zone color. :)

Yep, I used Vampire Red, stained EVERYTHING and would NOT get out of my hair for months, even when I dyed over it. It was pretty sexy, especially in the sun, but a little too much for my skin tone. I'm planning on using the black next, this time I know to rinse my hair in the kitchen sink.

result2.jpg

And after a touch up:

BraunSugar OMG! I am so loving this!! :lick: what is your natural hair color? did you use this on your natural hair color? no bleaching,tinting,etc? I have been tempted to apply a semi permanent loud colorful rinse!

BraunSugar OMG! I am so loving this!! :lick: what is your natural hair color? did you use this on your natural hair color? no bleaching,tinting,etc? I have been tempted to apply a semi permanent loud colorful rinse!

My natural hair color is dark brown. My hair was colored previously with a black that faded to a brownish color. No bleaching was done before I used the red.

Back