Anyone date a Todd??

Keedah

Heres the deal....I met a guy on Craigslist. We've been talking for a while and he revealed to me that he is only 5 4"!! Now Im 5 9" without heels so Im not sure if this is going to work. Theres no way Im not going out without my stilettos! Hes sent me pictures of himself and he's cute and I didnt know he was short until he told me. We really click and are going on our first date Tuesday. Any tall ladies out there sympathize?

I keep finding myself asking my friends how tall they are and comparing!

Oh yeah. I called him Todd because he is white too

At was like :eh:, Todd what she mean. Then I read your story for a bit I was like maybe she meant Toad to emphasize how short he is. But I feel ya on this one. I'm also 5"9' without heels. 5"4" dude would have me feeling like a giant

But I know I'm suppose to say height doesn't matter but :realitycheck:, It matters sometimes if that is not at your comfort level.

I just had to use the smileys. But. go ahead on the date and see how you feel to determine whether you can get past the height issue.

ETA: Be careful. Online is different than in person. But besides that, I hope you have a good time.

Yes, he wasn't THAT much shorter than me, but i was about 2 inches taller plus i wore heels. It really shouldn't matter but i just couldn't deal.:nono:

I'm 5'11" barefoot. The shortest guy I've dated was probably about 5'9", but he was husky, so I didn't feel like I was giant next to him. I agree that you should go on the date and see how you feel. I've never dated someone I met online (yet) but from what I understand, the guys online have a tendency to "exaggerate" their height, and hope that their personality will make up for it once they meet you in person...I hope that's not the case with "Todd", LOL. And no, I've never dated a Todd (yet).

LOL. When I said Todd I meant Tonys husband Todd from Girlfriends. Tony always cracked on him about how short he was...and he was white.

I was hoping he was underestimating and not exaggering his height! I just keep thinking of all the celebrity couples...Nicole Kidman and Tom Cruz, Kimora Lee Simmons and Russell Simmons. Unfortunatly all my examples are broken up!

We've talked on a the phone a lot and text all day so hopefully the date will go ok.

Last edited:
From my friend-
I did and he lied about his height first. He said he was 5'9. I'm 5'5 and I usually date guys 6'3 or taller, so I too started asking my friends their height and comparing. Well, when we finally met, he was actually 5'3! Wow! I had heels on too! I was thinking about the other 6 inches he left at home! Dang! I decided not to trip and we went on another date. He was very attractive and did look very much like his picture (we also met on the net). The main problem I had with him is that he felt he had to over compensate in other ways due to his height. That doesn't sound bad, but he was always bragging about his college days, football career in college, and famous people he encountered. He came off as arrogant and self centered. He even made it a point that I google his name to look at his published accomplishments! He said, "guess what? I googled my name today and you'll never guess what I found! Wow! You should check it out". What a mess! I really couldn't put up with the boasting and what seemed like phoniness, much like his falsified height! 5'9 my hiney!

I`ve dated a Todd but he turn out to be more of a Toad
:nothingfunny: I just stopped by to briefly say this comment had me :rofl3: Dayum!

No I've never dated anyone considerably shorter than me. I guess my comfort level won't allow it since I took a long time to be comfortable with my height. I'm almost 5ft 8 in and I have a fondness for 3.5 inch heels. My husband is short to me and he's 6 foot even.

My husband short to me too and he's 6'-1". I love taller men. I come from a family were the mens height start at 6'-3" and goes to 6'-9".

But I would give him a shot he could be a great guy.

I'm 5'4. If I can see the top of a guys head when standing next to him I don't feel comfortable.

Let us know how the date goes. Suggest you go with the flow and try and have a good time.

I told him the height difference was in the back of my mind and he said he carries himself like hes 7 feet tall. He also said he dated a girl that was 6 feet before.....I dont know about that one but we'll see what happens!

Yes, I've dated a Todd, except he wasn't white. It was the first and only time we went out together. He's a really nice guy and treated me so well, but I felt like I was dating a youngster. And why did he want to hold hands? :wallbash:

Good luck, Keedah!

Back