Anybody use Vegetable Base Color to DYE

tyte curlz

Okay so im 100% NATURAL and everything has been going good. But the only problem is im TIRED of braids i just cant take it any more ive had these in 4 about 3 weeks and it killing me to make them last for one more.

But anyway my problem is that i want something drastic and i have been thinking about dying my hair for a while now but i dont want ANY HARSH CHEMICALS in the process i dont want damaged hair... after all this progress. I have JET BLACK BLACK BLACK hair and i have never colored it before so im doing a little research about hair dye. Im not sure if i want to do the process myself or find a salon to do it for me. Its been YEARS since if been in an salon (my mom presses and trims my hair, i self braid with extensions, and i have masterd pretty much all natural styles myself:grin::grin:) and from most of the stories on the board u guys have been havin a little trouble with stylist. BUT ne way im thinking about a rinse so that the color will eventually wash out. But i was looking at unclefunkys website and they had a service called Vegetable Base Color any of you heard or tryied this????

I've never heard of that, but i've heard of colorshowers. It's semi-permanent 100% olive oil based. No ammonia, peroxide, nor alcohol. The color lasts 6wks or so.

Another option is to do a henna treatment and then an indigo treatment for jet black hair. Check out the 'do ya'll henna' thread or you can pm sareca or vwvixxen or Henna Sooq. These ladies can assist you if you are interested. I use henna along with some other herbs , so i can speak on that but not so much on the indigo. HTH.

Back