Anybody use this??? Silk Elements?

I used their lye relaxer and I loved it. I have a few sample packets of their conditioners but I haven't tried them yet though.

I use the Lye Relaxer in Regular, and I really do like it, and it doesn't stink like my passed Gentle Treatment relaxer. The Silk Elements Moisturizer is good too. Their Luxury Shampoo & Conditioner are not so impressive. The Foam Wrap Lotion, Mayonaise, and Leave-in are nice also.

OT: Shaniquah, your hair is so beautiful. Congrats you hard work is showing!
(off to sallys to stock up on silk elements!):driver: :driver: :driver:

crlsweetie912 said:
OT: Shaniquah, your hair is so beautiful. Congrats you hard work is showing!
(off to sallys to stock up on silk elements!):driver: :driver: :driver:

MissFallon, please let me know how you like the line

I use the conditioner for pre treatments and general conditioning purposes. It's quite detangling and leaves my hair very smooth.

I have the relaxer, shampoos, conditioner and the styling lotion. I love it. It is also my staple line.

I use the Revive & Restore line of it (packaged in light green color). I love it, it has become one of my most fav line for treatments. The Mayo treatment is the best...I use that by it self and it helps to make my hair extremely soft, shiny, and so healthy looking. I use this once a week and Sally's had it on sale, the big jar, for $6. I also like to use the polishing oil for when I'm flat ironing my hair. At the moment I am 13 weeks post relaxer and my hair looks like I just got it done...it actually feels better then when it does when I get my relaxer.

So I really love it. It has helped to cut down on my shedding and detangling. After I apply the mayo treatment and rinse it out, I can run the comb through my head with no problems what so ever. I have yet to find another product that I can do the same with; especially at 13 weeks post

This is also my staple line, I use the regular ly relaxer, glossing polish, foaming wrap, shampoo, conditioner, and cholesterol.

Everything smells good and works just as good, and the prices are right on point and since this is sally's exclusive line there is almost always a sale.

I use the leave in on the regular...it smells wonderful and does its job. Cant work with the shampoo though...SLS.

I have the lye relaxer, leave-in conditioner, hair mayo, and moisturzing treatment. The moisture trreatment is the one that is exactly like Loreal Nature's Therapy, except it's on sale this month for $6.99. Can you tell that I'm going crazy over Silk Elements:grin: :grin: :grin:

Starian said:
I use the conditioner for pre treatments and general conditioning purposes. It's quite detangling and leaves my hair very smooth.
Hi Starian :wave:
I went to Sally's this a.m. and picked up a sample...wasn't sure if I should try it and put it back. After what you say, I may re-consider it. :lol:

I LOVE the Silk Elements line! It's one of the few products that you ladies rave about that I can actually find out here in the sticks. I relaxed with the regular Lye(12.99 for 4lbs. with Sally card, 14.99 w/o) 07/03 and OMG my hair looks so freakin good! I also love the MegaSilk Moisturizing Treatment, every few months they put it on sale BOGO free so I usually stock up then.

See, this is the VERY reason I don't come to the hair forum, ya'll send me screaming to the BSS. The lady at Sally said 'Ooo, we gon have to get the Piggly Wiggly bags for you.' I left with 2 big brown paper bags filled with goodies. I hope you heffas reccommending all this stuff will send a dollar when they cut off my 'lectricity.

I'm the odd ball here. I tried Silk elements prior to joining LHCF, and I wasn't impressed. The relaxer didn't last long and I didn't like the shampoo or conditioner. It just didn't do anything for my hair. :(

SweetAKA said:
I use the Revive & Restore line of it (packaged in light green color). I love it, it has become one of my most fav line for treatments. The Mayo treatment is the best...I use that by it self and it helps to make my hair extremely soft, shiny, and so healthy looking. I use this once a week and Sally's had it on sale, the big jar, for $6. I also like to use the polishing oil for when I'm flat ironing my hair. At the moment I am 13 weeks post relaxer and my hair looks like I just got it done...it actually feels better then when it does when I get my relaxer.

So I really love it. It has helped to cut down on my shedding and detangling. After I apply the mayo treatment and rinse it out, I can run the comb through my head with no problems what so ever. I have yet to find another product that I can do the same with; especially at 13 weeks post
;) Hey there SweetAKA,
I have a sample pack of the Revive & Restore hair mayo. Have you used it ever? How does it work for you?....or anyone?
Thanks
HP

yourleoqueen said:
I LOVE the Silk Elements line! It's one of the few products that you ladies rave about that I can actually find out here in the sticks. I relaxed with the regular Lye(12.99 for 4lbs. with Sally card, 14.99 w/o) 07/03 and OMG my hair looks so freakin good! I also love the MegaSilk Moisturizing Treatment, every few months they put it on sale BOGO free so I usually stock up then.

See, this is the VERY reason I don't come to the hair forum, ya'll send me screaming to the BSS. The lady at Sally said 'Ooo, we gon have to get the Piggly Wiggly bags for you.' I left with 2 big brown paper bags filled with goodies. I hope you heffas reccommending all this stuff will send a dollar when they cut off my 'lectricity.

:lachen: :lachen: :lachen:

tenderheaded said:
I have the lye relaxer, leave-in conditioner, hair mayo, and moisturzing treatment. The moisture trreatment is the one that is exactly like Loreal Nature's Therapy, except it's on sale this month for $6.99. Can you tell that I'm going crazy over Silk Elements:grin: :grin: :grin:

I picked this up but havent used it yet.

yourleoqueen said:

Really LOL!! :lol: :lol: You always crack me up!! HAHA! :rofl:

High Priestess said:
;) Hey there SweetAKA,
I have a sample pack of the Revive & Restore hair mayo. Have you used it ever? How does it work for you?....or anyone?
Thanks
HP

Hey, yeah this is the one that I use. The only thing that I have from the orginal Silk Elements line is the polishing gloss. The hair mayo is great IMO. Like I said I am 13wks post and I just used it a couple of days ago and now people are telling me that whoever did my relaxer did a great job. But I havnt had one yet!!! :grin:

So I love it. I put it on my dry head with some jojoba oil mixed in, sit under the dryer for about 20-30min, then I rinse and add my leave-in. At this point I would be dreading having to comb through my hair, but with the mayo treatment it leaves my hair so soft and detangled the comb just slides through. Which anyone that has ever stretched their relaxers out know that combing through some wet 13wk post hair will make you want to shave your head off, if you dont have the right stuff in it. :lol:

MissFallon said:
I am going to Sallys today to pick up a couple of things and am looking at the Silk Elements line. Anyone use any of these products?

http://www.sallybeauty.com/shop/dept/1210/5

I use the Megasilk Lye relaxer for Coarse hair. I purchased the 4 lb bucket for like $14-15 dollars. I love this relaxer and will not be changing anytime soon. The relaxer has avocado oil, jojoba oil, shea oil and sil protein in it. And surely it make my hair feel soft and silky. And its effect lasted longer than any other relaxer I have had. I can stretch alot longer with this relaxer.

Last edited:
Back